No matter what MS says, Kinect isnt "essential" for the Xbox one experience.

#21PorungaPosted 9/11/2013 12:19:59 AM(edited)
scoobydoobydont posted...
Kinect 2 is currently the most attractive (interesting) thing about X1 IMO.

God, that has to be one of the most depressing thing I have seen someone say on gamefaqs.
#22Orange_ApplesPosted 9/11/2013 12:22:30 AM
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
snip

Honestly, I am a pretty frequent gamer and I think what they are doing with Kinect 2.0 is impressive. It is just opinion based.

One of the biggest reasons people are afraid of Kinect is because well, lets face it, Kinect for Xbox360 wasn't exactly spectacular. So people assume it will just be the same. However in my opinion, I think it will bring a lot more to the table than people think. Even for the hardcore crowd, it is all just a matter of getting it out there so people fan try it themselves.

Lol, yeah. People got burned the first time around and are not so quick to want this newer model. Steel Battalion was to be the Kinect's saving grace, but because the kinect failed and the game flopped more than the player character trying to reach for the radar.

All of the tech people and gaming press who have played with Kinect2.0 have all said that it is far more capable than the original Kinect. At Pax Australia Microsoft had a black man in dark clothes using Kinect2.0 in the dark.
http://youtu.be/WeudeFGWUmc?t=3m30s

Kinect 1.0 would have an emotional break down under those circumstances.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#23PorungaPosted 9/11/2013 12:26:39 AM
Orange_Apples posted...
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
snip

Honestly, I am a pretty frequent gamer and I think what they are doing with Kinect 2.0 is impressive. It is just opinion based.

One of the biggest reasons people are afraid of Kinect is because well, lets face it, Kinect for Xbox360 wasn't exactly spectacular. So people assume it will just be the same. However in my opinion, I think it will bring a lot more to the table than people think. Even for the hardcore crowd, it is all just a matter of getting it out there so people fan try it themselves.

Lol, yeah. People got burned the first time around and are not so quick to want this newer model. Steel Battalion was to be the Kinect's saving grace, but because the kinect failed and the game flopped more than the player character trying to reach for the radar.

All of the tech people and gaming press who have played with Kinect2.0 have all said that it is far more capable than the original Kinect. At Pax Australia Microsoft had a black man in dark clothes using Kinect2.0 in the dark.
http://youtu.be/WeudeFGWUmc?t=3m30s

Kinect 1.0 would have an emotional break down under those circumstances.

Despite all of its improvements, and it does have some significant improvements over the original, the kinect 2.0 STILL has a significant response lag and some motion tracking inaccuracy. Not as much as before, but still enough that I don't want anything to do with it.
#24Orange_ApplesPosted 9/11/2013 12:49:57 AM
Porunga posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
snip

Despite all of its improvements, and it does have some significant improvements over the original, the kinect 2.0 STILL has a significant response lag and some motion tracking inaccuracy. Not as much as before, but still enough that I don't want anything to do with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01y1vXBl1-8

yes, I can see where you are coming from, but it seems like it depends on the movement and what the game is supposed to do with it. The lens changing looked pretty 1:1 to me, however the raising shield and leaning stuff seemed to be a little behind.

However, Kinect is a tool, and tools are only be as good as the people who use it. If the devs put the time into it they can further reduce that lag. The head tapping lens changing is proof enough of that.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#25nb003_99Posted 9/11/2013 1:03:53 AM
It better be essential if you have to buy it to play games.
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#26SoulTrapperPosted 9/11/2013 2:26:14 AM
It's pretty clear that it isn't essential at all, as the video with the kid who got it early demonstrated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlEXNUSB-jY

He uses the controller to navigate the dashboard and menus without a hitch.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#27embrandedonePosted 9/11/2013 2:30:52 AM
What gave it away? Turning their AAA title from a Kinect adventure to a controller-based game?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#28slowdog76Posted 9/11/2013 2:39:04 AM
people are right, too many are definatly hearing kinect 2 and thinking kinect 1. there isnt a single hands on report ive read where the journalist hasnt come away very impressed. , its often said, but 100% ownership is a very very good thing. that the indie devs can get their hands on it too is a great thing too, as they are often the ones that think outside the box with these kinda things.

im reserving judgement. i expect it to be a better version of what has already been seen, with nothing particularly exciting for it. but 1, 2, 3 ,4 years down the line? i certainly forsee more than a few games that utilise it in ways that people want to use.

(the fact that it has caused the price increases aside) All these debates about kinect reminds me massively about before the 360 launched, and what folks were saying about achievements. and look how they exploded
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#29MrSpaM111Posted 9/11/2013 2:42:51 AM
slowdog76 posted...
people are right, too many are definatly hearing kinect 2 and thinking kinect 1. there isnt a single hands on report ive read where the journalist hasnt come away very impressed. , its often said, but 100% ownership is a very very good thing. that the indie devs can get their hands on it too is a great thing too, as they are often the ones that think outside the box with these kinda things.

I'd love to see these reports from people that were impressed, got any links?
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#30XtremeWRATH360Posted 9/11/2013 5:22:30 AM
PsychoGates posted...
I just dont understand why people want 2 consoles to be exactly the same... I really dont

If X1 didnt come with a kinect then we would have 2 almost identical systems...

Because some of us buy game systems to play GAMES and couldn't careless about extra add ons. If they're identical so what its the games that will make them different from each other!
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag