Microsoft first party VS Sony first party

#21Spectral_CloudPosted 9/10/2013 10:20:49 PM
I definitely prefer Sony first party titles. No exclusive/first party title on the xbox recently has been very enjoyable for me while sony's remain fun. Plus i prefer the controller for the playstation so that makes the games already have something over xbox though i do like both consoles
---
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.
#22Orange_ApplesPosted 9/10/2013 10:22:56 PM
The teams are all talented people, so it isn't fair to say which set is better. The problem is the games expected from them.

Microsoft wants franchises.
Lionhead has made only Fable games since they were acquired
Turn 10 has only ever made Forza titles
343 was created for the sole purpose of making Halo games
Rare used to make games, but now they're a Kinect dev.

Sony wants games
Naughty Dog: Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, Uncharted, Last of Us
Santa Monica Studios: God of War, and co-develop with a whole bunch of indie devs/smaller teams
Sucker Punch: Sly Cooper, Infamous

Not saying Sony is immune to having a whole dev team working on a single franchise. Guerrilla Games only makes Killzone.

I'm just pointing out trends.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#23TitanlolPosted 9/10/2013 10:53:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#24steelix55Posted 9/10/2013 11:15:36 PM
Sony has Naughty Dog, so they win for me. But it isn't as wide a gap as some people act like. Most of PS3's exclusives would never be talked about anymore if they were on both systems, because they are just sub par. Sony Santa Monica just pumps out God of War after God of War. I was tired of the series after 2. Infamous is one of the most bland franchises I have ever played. Not to say it was bad, it wasn't, but if the game was a multi-plat there would NEVER be discussions about it anymore. The world is so lackluster and lifeless. Killzone is a fun game, but it can't come close to touching other FPS' like Halo, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc, so why even bother?

On the flip side, Microsoft's exclusives aren't anything to write home about either. I have NEVER enjoyed the Fable series. Halo was amazing the first three games in the series, but Reach seemed like a last ditch money grab, and 4 was terrible. Gears of War 1 is one of my favorite games of all time, because it is one of the first games I really got into the online mode. Gears of War 2 was TRASH. 3 was a step back in the right direction, and then Judgment hurt the series so badly that I don't know if it can ever recover.

The fact is, NEITHER system's exclusives are worth all of the talk they get on this board. Back in the PS2/Xbox Original days it was different because big time third party games were still exclusive back then. Like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto (timed), etc. None of that exists anymore. IMO, pick the console with the controller you like the best, the online service you like the best, and enjoy your games.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 560 Ti || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86
#25Lord_Ka1nPosted 9/10/2013 11:35:57 PM
well seeing as sony actually HAS 1st party games.
#26Orange_ApplesPosted 9/11/2013 12:02:26 AM
steelix55 posted...
Gears of War 1 is one of my favorite games of all time, because it is one of the first games I really got into the online mode. Gears of War 2 was TRASH. 3 was a step back in the right direction, and then Judgment hurt the series so badly that I don't know if it can ever recover.

Epic is MS first party? I thought they were second party devs...
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#272DshmuploverPosted 9/12/2013 8:52:33 AM(edited)
MS by far but it all comes down to taste.

Forza > Gran Turismo
Halo > Killzone
Forza Horizon > Drive Club
Alan Wake > Uncharted
Banjo Kazooie > Ratchet & Clank
Gears of War > SOCOM
Crackdown > Infamous
Fable > ...
Project Gotham Racing > Motorstorm
State of Decay > The Last of Us

IMO Turn 10 are the greatest development team out of all.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#282DshmuploverPosted 9/12/2013 8:51:11 AM
Orange_Apples posted...
steelix55 posted...
Gears of War 1 is one of my favorite games of all time, because it is one of the first games I really got into the online mode. Gears of War 2 was TRASH. 3 was a step back in the right direction, and then Judgment hurt the series so badly that I don't know if it can ever recover.

Epic is MS first party? I thought they were second party devs...

Many people also assume Quantic Dream are first party too. Either way, Gears is a Microsoft Studios published and exclusive franchise.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#29maheo30Posted 9/12/2013 8:55:21 AM
2Dshmuplover posted...
MS by far but it all comes down to taste.

+1
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)
#30DarkestSoulsPosted 9/12/2013 9:02:01 AM
Sony.
- Uncharted
- The Last of Us
- Infamous
- God of War
- Demon's Souls
- Gran Turismo
- Little Big Planet
- The Order 1886
- Killzone
- Ratchet & Clank