Microsoft first party VS Sony first party

#31THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 9/12/2013 9:07:09 AM
First party is Microsoft's weakness at the moment. They used to be more active with this on the original XBOX with their sports series.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#32DelRowePosted 9/12/2013 9:10:42 AM
2Dshmuplover posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
steelix55 posted...
Gears of War 1 is one of my favorite games of all time, because it is one of the first games I really got into the online mode. Gears of War 2 was TRASH. 3 was a step back in the right direction, and then Judgment hurt the series so badly that I don't know if it can ever recover.

Epic is MS first party? I thought they were second party devs...

Many people also assume Quantic Dream are first party too. Either way, Gears is a Microsoft Studios published and exclusive franchise.

Gears of War is not owned by Microsoft. It could come to Playstation if the devs want it to.
http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/15/rein-epic-owns-gears-ip-can-do-what-we-want-with-it/
---
You are not in control.
#332DshmuploverPosted 9/12/2013 9:13:02 AM
DelRowe posted...
2Dshmuplover posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
steelix55 posted...
Gears of War 1 is one of my favorite games of all time, because it is one of the first games I really got into the online mode. Gears of War 2 was TRASH. 3 was a step back in the right direction, and then Judgment hurt the series so badly that I don't know if it can ever recover.

Epic is MS first party? I thought they were second party devs...

Many people also assume Quantic Dream are first party too. Either way, Gears is a Microsoft Studios published and exclusive franchise.

Gears of War is not owned by Microsoft. It could come to Playstation if the devs want it to.
http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/15/rein-epic-owns-gears-ip-can-do-what-we-want-with-it/

Yes I know that, however it doesn't mean they can do what they want with it in the immediate future. It is obvious there was an exclusivity deal between Epic and MS regarding the franchise. MS may not own IP but it doesn't mean they can just put it on PS3 when they like. Same thing with Alan Wake. Same thing with Quantic Dream games also.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#34Aone1987Posted 9/12/2013 9:16:27 AM
Lovecraftiangod posted...
Sony hands down with
Naughty dog
Sucker punch
Team ICO
Sony Santa monica
#3595_EclipsePosted 9/12/2013 9:20:41 AM
zack12369 posted...
Pc

Come on man, I had you tagged as someone that was alright on this site. Don't be one of "those guys"
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#36DelRowePosted 9/12/2013 9:22:48 AM
2Dshmuplover posted...
Yes I know that, however it doesn't mean they can do what they want with it in the immediate future. It is obvious there was an exclusivity deal between Epic and MS regarding the franchise. MS may not own IP but it doesn't mean they can just put it on PS3 when they like. Same thing with Alan Wake. Same thing with Quantic Dream games also.

That article was from 3 years ago. I don't doubt that there was an exclusivity deal once, but if there was, it's probably done by now. Also I'm not sure how legit this is, but according to Wikipedia, Sony owns the Quantic Dream games, so QD will never have the ability to put it on other consoles at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Computer_Entertainment#Owned_franchises_and_notable_properties
---
You are not in control.
#37HENTAIDOJIPosted 9/12/2013 9:33:11 AM
Sony has the fewest studios and the worst selling first party games.

They're weakest.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#38mrpicPosted 9/12/2013 10:16:55 AM
gears of war
forza
halo
killer instinct
chromehounds
crackdown
fable
(im sure there are more and imo these are just better games)

uncharted
god of war
little big planet
metal gear
kill zone
gran turismo
wipeout?
(i dont know many more playstation exclusives but to be honest i prefer xbox games over ps games)

last gen i bought a ps3 and played 4 games on it MGS uncharted 2 god of war and little big planet, And although the games were decent i didnt enjoy them half as much as i enjoyed playing on my 360 on xbl
#39chiefofsb78Posted 9/12/2013 10:20:53 AM
zack12369 posted...
Pc

Lol nice try
---
killerinstinctonline
#40chiefofsb78Posted 9/12/2013 10:22:02 AM
kirk52morrison posted...
zack12369 posted...
Pc

gtfo it's like asking Honda or Toyota. you come in here and say Lexus. tired of stupid pc ppl coming in here and blah, blah pc is better. I will play pc when I can enjoy games like Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, MLB the show and others. DONT CARE ABOUT PC EXCLUSIVES. go to pc board and orgasm on how much you love your pc.

A Lexus from the 90's yea
---
killerinstinctonline