anyone on the same boat as me?

#1GGooDDPosted 9/10/2013 11:31:11 PM
so, i have a gaming pc (high end)
http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/3712278
in this last year ive been so bored with games ive been barley playing any (compared to previous years)

and i also have a 360 (which is a original launch day xbox) which i hardly use (hence it being original) and i havent used it much in the last 2 years. Expect in recent months its been getting some Injustice use, and a bit of halo 4.

Im torn between getting a One or not at all. Maybe wait it out for a price drop?
the games im looking forward to next "gen" is, halo, gears, destiny, dead rising 3 currently.
So not a big list, but ill admit i havent been paying as much attention to the info about new games as much as i would like.

What are your thoughts? wait until a price drop or more games for me to come out, get one at launch? any games that i missed that i should look into? thanks!
---
I refuse to pay to play online in a non MMO environment on the PC, i paid 2k for my PC, 70 a month for my net, and 80 for a game new, why would i pay for MP?
#2INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 9/10/2013 11:33:51 PM
I would wait in your situation. Most of the games you want are not coming out until next year and while I will be kicking some zombie arse on DR3, it is not worth buying the console at launch specifically for that one game.
#3PsychoGatesPosted 9/10/2013 11:36:28 PM
If you are mainly a PC gamer then the best bet is to wait till there is something you really want to play. Because if you are a C gamer im assuming most of your gaming will happen on the PC anyway, and very little use will come from a console.
#4CapwnDPosted 9/10/2013 11:38:51 PM
GGooDD posted...

in this last year ive been so bored with games ive been barley playing any (compared to previous years)

That could be because the games the past few years have been winding down with this generation cycle, and/or just your personal gaming funk that you're going through, which many or most people go through at least a few times in their lives.

Nobody can answer what's going to be worth it for you . I believe that one game is enough to warrant a console purchase, but others may not. Your PC probably won't hold up long after the next gen games start dropping, and the PC requirements go up. So maybe now would be a time to get a console and save some money, then upgrade your PC again in a few years when the PC parts start to kick the asses of the current gen consoles again (the current gen, meaning the Xbox One and PS3)
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#5GGooDD(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 11:40:51 PM
PsychoGates posted...
If you are mainly a PC gamer then the best bet is to wait till there is something you really want to play. Because if you are a C gamer im assuming most of your gaming will happen on the PC anyway, and very little use will come from a console.

very casual indeed. i just dont get the time i want to play games. (sometimes i get 5 hours a day, or 5 hours a week).

i dont plan to renew my gold when it runs out (november) simply because i dont play my xbox enough online to justify it. (and i dont need to pay to use my other services, netflix, youtube ect) as my pc is hooked up to my tv for gaming purposes also. (with my 360 controllers also and wheels also)

waiting it out might be the best thing then.
---
I refuse to pay to play online in a non MMO environment on the PC, i paid 2k for my PC, 70 a month for my net, and 80 for a game new, why would i pay for MP?
#6INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 9/10/2013 11:49:24 PM
GGooDD posted...
PsychoGates posted...

very casual indeed. i just dont get the time i want to play games. (sometimes i get 5 hours a day, or 5 hours a week).

i dont plan to renew my gold when it runs out (november) simply because i dont play my xbox enough online to justify it. (and i dont need to pay to use my other services, netflix, youtube ect) as my pc is hooked up to my tv for gaming purposes also. (with my 360 controllers also and wheels also)

I would just wait until there is something out that you just HAVE to play. That way by the time that game rolls around, there should be plenty of other games you just WANT to play or were at least interested in.
#7GGooDD(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 11:50:52 PM
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
GGooDD posted...
PsychoGates posted...

I would just wait until there is something out that you just HAVE to play. That way by the time that game rolls around, there should be plenty of other games you just WANT to play or were at least interested in.

Thank you, (and Psychogates) im glad i got some constructive advice :)
---
#8Lord_Ka1nPosted 9/11/2013 12:54:24 AM
i dont think those couple of games are worth plopping down 500 dollars on a new system. stick with your pc and wait until theres more you want.
#9Orange_ApplesPosted 9/11/2013 12:58:04 AM
I'm waiting for a price drop.
Possibly even waiting for the slim to come out.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.