Why you still don't like Xbox One - How can it change?

#51JusSumGuy88Posted 9/11/2013 6:04:27 PM
I will be completely honest. I'm going to get the ps4 next gen and I MIGHT get xb1 later on down the line if there ends up being some game(s) that I want that aren't multi plat. For me..I applaud microsoft for making the changes they've made to the xbox one and I think that if I had it...I'd like it. That being said, for me, there are a couple of things.

Firstly, We've all know about the DRM always online, no used game fiasco that occurred a few months back. That was something I was 100% not pleased with. What added "weight" to my displeasure was the attitude of Don Mattrick & Microsoft which seemed to be very dealwithit.gif.

Secondly....the kinect. I have used a kinect before..I had the 360 for like six or seven years. I never gave one flying **** about the kinect. It never intrigued me and was only ever fun when I played dance revolution I think it was...with my girlfriend. lol. And that was EXTREMELY RARE. I don't want to pay the extra $100 for a piece of hardware that's essentially be rammed down my throat. I do believe the kinect can have some interesting possibilities for certain aspects of gaming..but from what I've seen thus far..I have ZERO INTEREST in it for the way that I play games. Thats just me though.

Lastly...I'm afraid of hardware failure. I went through about 3 360s because of the red rings. Now I know most would say "microsoft lost a lot money having to fix those broken systems. They wouldn't want to put themselves in that situation again." Which makes complete and total sense, but the fact is..my experience with the hardware(which the exception of my most recent 360 that I still play today, has been negative. With the various changes that have been made to the XB1 in the recent months..I'm afraid that may effect the system negatively. I'm not engineer..and Don't know the ins and outs of gpus and cpus and bbus and abus...lol, but I think fears are not without merit.

Those are a few of the reasons why I choose not to purchase an XB1 AT THIS TIME. I don't hate the XB1 or Microsoft..I'm just not interested in it right now. I'm almost certain the software will run smoothly..will look nice & the online will be great. Like I said..I've had the 360 for years..so I know they have no issues in that department. I may end up regretting my decision..but only time shall tell.
#52X1-4EverPosted 9/11/2013 6:10:41 PM
Now you see this guy ^^ you can tell is being honest.
#53DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/11/2013 6:32:53 PM(edited)
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Lord_Ka1n posted...
because changing it does not erase what they did. its like an abusive relationship, would you go crawling back just because they gave you a half-assed apology? no.

im surprised everyone was so quick to forgive them, just goes to show how uneducated people are. you should not be supporting microsoft, get a ps4 or a pc. they need to pay for their arrogance and anti-consumerism.

halo isnt worth it.

Hey look everyone! The sheep wants to play the shepherd!

XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Kinectless Bundle

I don't like motion control
I don't have interest
I have no desire to watch a movie over skype with someone
I have no interest in using my voice to control anything
I have no interest in using my hands to move anything
I have no interest in all the TV crap. I have a cable box for TV i want a game system for GAMES!

I'm guess you also don't like family sharing for digital games. Nor do you like being able to run two programs side by side. Or be able to do OS features like setting up a party without stopping your game or opening a menu. I am also assuming you don't like much broader dedicated server support. And I guess you don't like having a pass through ability.

Instead of making a silly list, you should just say you are a Pony.

Family Sharing meant horrible placed DRM so no i don't want it nor would i have used it and what programs would i be running side by side, once again im buying a game console to game if i want to run multiple programs i use my PC. Now instead of using a silly insult towards me perhaps you should accept that just because someone just wants an XB1 to game and doesn't care about anything else it doesn't make them a pony also helps that i have zero interest in a PS4. Im a PC gamer first but i always loved my 360 and would buy an XB1, hell i would have it reserved right now if i didn't have that god damn Kinect!

So is the problem the $100 or do you think the government is watching you play in your PJs? Because the latter, even if we entertain the ridiculous notion that the Government is that interested in you or would use Kinect to do it if you were so important, can be easily nullified by not using Kinect.

Also, saying you would multitask and use it on PC is silly. How are you going to multitask on PC while playing on Xbox? The whole point is that you don't have to stop playing.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#54XtremeWRATH360Posted 9/11/2013 6:43:37 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Lord_Ka1n posted...
because changing it does not erase what they did. its like an abusive relationship, would you go crawling back just because they gave you a half-assed apology? no.

im surprised everyone was so quick to forgive them, just goes to show how uneducated people are. you should not be supporting microsoft, get a ps4 or a pc. they need to pay for their arrogance and anti-consumerism.

halo isnt worth it.

Hey look everyone! The sheep wants to play the shepherd!

XtremeWRATH360 posted...
Kinectless Bundle

I don't like motion control
I don't have interest
I have no desire to watch a movie over skype with someone
I have no interest in using my voice to control anything
I have no interest in using my hands to move anything
I have no interest in all the TV crap. I have a cable box for TV i want a game system for GAMES!

I'm guess you also don't like family sharing for digital games. Nor do you like being able to run two programs side by side. Or be able to do OS features like setting up a party without stopping your game or opening a menu. I am also assuming you don't like much broader dedicated server support. And I guess you don't like having a pass through ability.

Instead of making a silly list, you should just say you are a Pony.

Family Sharing meant horrible placed DRM so no i don't want it nor would i have used it and what programs would i be running side by side, once again im buying a game console to game if i want to run multiple programs i use my PC. Now instead of using a silly insult towards me perhaps you should accept that just because someone just wants an XB1 to game and doesn't care about anything else it doesn't make them a pony also helps that i have zero interest in a PS4. Im a PC gamer first but i always loved my 360 and would buy an XB1, hell i would have it reserved right now if i didn't have that god damn Kinect!

So is the problem the $100 or do you think the government is watching you play in your PJs? Because the latter, even if we entertain the ridiculous notion that the Government is that interested in you or would use Kinect to do it if you were so important, can be easily nullified by not using Kinect.

Also, saying you would multitask and use it on PC is silly. How are you going to multitask on PC while playing on Xbox? The whole point is that you don't have to stop playing.

Its the 100$, im not going to give a company more money because they want to shove something down my throat i don't want. As for the government crap i honestly couldn't careless if they watch me i just hope its worth it for what they will see.

And i actually have it setup so i can use my 360 and my PC at same time. I got my 360 in one room and is setup that if i go into the other room to use my PC i could still use both if need be, but i take frequent breaks from gaming anyway because i don't like sitting too long so the whole "don't stop playing" wouldn't work anyway,
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#55adonfrazPosted 9/11/2013 9:25:02 PM
I don't hate the X1, it's just that Sony did a lot of things right to get me to switch over.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
PSN ID: Loyal_Catalyst 3DS FC: (Loyal) 0533-4535-6191
#56DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/11/2013 9:49:41 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...

Its the 100$, im not going to give a company more money because they want to shove something down my throat i don't want. As for the government crap i honestly couldn't careless if they watch me i just hope its worth it for what they will see.

And i actually have it setup so i can use my 360 and my PC at same time. I got my 360 in one room and is setup that if i go into the other room to use my PC i could still use both if need be, but i take frequent breaks from gaming anyway because i don't like sitting too long so the whole "don't stop playing" wouldn't work anyway,

Well sounds like you have a good setup. I agree that no one should pay an extra $100 for something they don't want. I don't agree with the fact that they are shoving it down your throat. Its not really any more shoving than anything else. You could argue they are shoving better graphics down our throats too. Companies make products and consumers choose products. Clearly what extras the Xbox offers have no value to you, hence its silly to pay for it.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#57XtremeWRATH360Posted 9/12/2013 5:50:21 AM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...

Well sounds like you have a good setup. I agree that no one should pay an extra $100 for something they don't want. I don't agree with the fact that they are shoving it down your throat. Its not really any more shoving than anything else. You could argue they are shoving better graphics down our throats too. Companies make products and consumers choose products. Clearly what extras the Xbox offers have no value to you, hence its silly to pay for it.

I only say shoving down because they refuse to offer a Kinectless XB1. I feel MS has become to big and arrogant and refuse to accept that there are people out there that don't want Kinect, but they don't care you either buy it or you don't, very piss poor attitude for a company to have. I just want to buy a system to play games that's all i want and feels like they don't want me as a consumer.
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#58melvin343Posted 9/14/2013 12:46:29 PM
@DesperateMonkey

After May 21, 2013, I have want from every gamesites the whole Internet was every upset that MS did and to there fans. MS was not look into the future of gaming, they were looking into making more money this is next-gen were talking about hear which means we should be making our games more and more alive, more gameplay, and surpassing the current-gen. When I was looking at the interview with Don Mattrick, he told the fans if you don't like our policy, keep your 360 and that tells everyone that MS turn there backs on everyone they love and care. The only reason why everyone is getting PS4 is that Sony is making smarter choices while MS is not. Kinect did not Revolutionize anything at all and not even PS Move so Sony abandon it but MS wanted to continue Kinect and now Kinect 2.0 MS should have done something better then this. Why have we not seen FPS Kinect? Simple it can't be done and all the KINECT only games I seen so far since launch and now have been crap like Star Wars and Dragon Ball Z (look at Angry Joes reviews on his Kinect reviews) which to me that Kinect was a Gimmick. Don't get me wrong I know MS is trying to correct its mistake but the damage is already done to everybody but I'm only going to support MS Xbox 360 and if and only if there new Halo is indeed fun, then I may buy Xbox One but for now, its PS4 for me and MS has got a one year probation on there Xbone.
---
Brad Pitt, There's no silencer on that shotgun. How are you supposed to kill anyone softly without a silencer?
XBOX GT: player1mj117. PSN: playmaker45.
#59eyeofcorePosted 9/14/2013 1:08:28 PM
Simple answer = Xbox gold paywall

Why? Most basic features are behind that and that is pathetic. Something that we can get for free on others consoles and specially on PC should not be on gold.

I can understand for streaming or capturing the footage and auto upload or something but for multiplayer and that is just making people butthurt about it including me because I can get those basic features and more on either PlayStation 4(that I am not buying because of butthurt fanbase because of Wii U) and the Wii U(going to buy it, next gen controller and ability to use Pro controller and gamepads touch at the same time when playing Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate).
---
You are not a core gamer if restricted to handhelds/consoles from one company thus limiting amount of games, further by genre's and graphical style of the game.
#60gogogodzillaPosted 9/14/2013 9:11:41 PM
tadmfpole posted...
Stop trying to market to people who don't normally buy video game consoles. These same people are not going to buy a $500 TV remote that also plays video games.

Lose the mandatory Kinnect purchase, I don't want it and will not pay for it which means for now, I will not purchase an Xbox one. I will not be force fed a gimmick that I will never use.

This!

And I don't trust Microsoft enough. Their enthusiastic and continued statements about how great their original vision was... leads me to think that they will try and go back to it after enough of a userbase has bought their system.

So I'll be waiting until I see Microsoft make moves to strengthen the consumer. Allowing them to resell their digital games would be a significant sign, to me, that they have actually changed their views.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"