I normally buy every system at launch, but the Xbox One has me scared

#1TurtlePowahPosted 9/11/2013 3:17:16 AM
So many rumors that they are rushing it and with the fact I had 3 launch Xbox 360's die on me. Sure I didn't have to pay for it, but it was annoying waiting for weeks at a time to get it back, then having to redo everything on it again.

The other fear I have is the videos of the OS and game like Dead Rising have severe frame rate issues. Plus the fact it seems like they are selling really badly everywhere you look, and the rumors that the Xbox division will get shut down if the Xbox One fails to do good.

I already have a Xbox One on preorder (Day One Launch edition with the fancy logo on controller).

It's just, if it's going to take less then a year for it to drop in price and for them to work out all the bugs it sounds like it is going to have.

I have bought every system at launch sense the NES. I don't even regret buying a DreamCast and Virtual Boy at launch (Wii U a little bit it just plain sucked at launch, actually had nothing and buggy slow OS, Vita was and still is amazing).

This is the first time I have ever had a really bad feeling about buying a system at launch. Like I'm ripping my self off.

Could someone help convince me to not cancel my preorder and tell me I'm just being scared by all the naysayers @_@.

If in a year Xbox One releases a new model with a price drop I will feel bad and that's the impression I am getting is going to happen. That these are being rushed and they will have to release working ones later.
#2PorungaPosted 9/11/2013 3:24:31 AM
Always trust your instincts. If you feel something is wrong, don't do it. You can always buy the xbo later, once your concerns have been answered. It isn't a "buy it at launch or never" kind of thing.
#3LiQuiDsWorDs56Posted 9/11/2013 3:25:38 AM
Just stick to the PS4 like me and just about everyone else
---
i7-930@3.5GHz l Asus P6X58D-E l EVGA SC Titan l 12gb Dominator l AX850 PSU l H100i l 6Tb 7,200 rpm l 256gb Samsung Pro I BD Drive l 900D I Alienware Optx
#4barrysshoesPosted 9/11/2013 3:30:52 AM
I've always told people to wait a year after launch to buy a console. This way you will be aware of any possible hardware issues, more games will be available, and likely a lower price for the console.
#5MrSpaM111Posted 9/11/2013 3:35:31 AM
Luke, trust your feelings!
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#6PoloMan6Posted 9/11/2013 3:50:11 AM
LiQuiDsWorDs56 posted...

What he said....oh wait...that's b.s.
#7GSPgreasesPosted 9/11/2013 5:00:04 AM
LiQuiDsWorDs56 posted...
#8shanafanPosted 9/11/2013 5:03:46 AM
TurtlePowah posted...
and the rumors that the Xbox division will get shut down if the Xbox One fails to do good.

k. I like when rumors are pulled out of thin air.
---
XBL / PSN / Wii U : shanafan
Wii Friend Code: 8542 2842 2512 6271
#9Styrof0amPosted 9/11/2013 5:07:38 AM
barrysshoes posted...
I've always told people to wait a year after launch to buy a console. This way you will be aware of any possible hardware issues, more games will be available, and likely a lower price for the console.

... and we have a winner.

For all it's positive press, the PS4 may have a fundmental design flaw (like the 360 did), and the cloud may turn out to be a game changer. We don't know yet, and won't for months. Teething problems isn't unheard of, so let the first-movers beta-test it.

Personally I'll decide on a console sometime next year, and will benefit from a bigger game-catalogue, holiday 2014 deals and bundles, second-hand market and a torrent of info on games, dev decisions and tech site reviews 8after tyhey've dismantled both consoles several times over)
#10desert_santaPosted 9/11/2013 5:10:39 AM
Cancel the preorder and wait.

Most of the xbone and ps4 games are available on the 360 and ps3.

I don't regret buying a 360 at launch but having it RROD on me slightly over one year was disappointing and irritating. Since then I actually limit my play times and let the consoles rest now.

However my main reason for waiting is that most games(in my country) can be bought at a significantly cheaper price on my 360/ps3/wii u. Plus I will be getting a ps4 first this time next year(again due to a cheaper price).

Assuming the ps4 has games to play when I eventually buy it, I won't be buying an xbone until a new model is released.