Anyone else sick of "social" gaming?

#1merkhavaPosted 9/11/2013 5:33:15 AM
I have a full and healthy work life, family life, and social life. So when I play games I just want everyone to back the **** off.

To me, videogaming is, by it's very nature anti-social - and it should be!

I want to escape the everyday mundane and immerse myself into an epic world and completely forgot about the world around me for a couple hours.

You might say that I dont have to use the social elements of a game, but how is that even possible? All the next gen consoles are pushing forward in that direction, especially the Xbox One. Voice Chat, Video Chat, Online Co-Ops and VS, achievements for online gaming - I'm just so sick of it!

And what really bothers me is that game developers are foregoing the single-player aspect and focusing more and more on social online multiplayer.

Does this trend bother anyone else?
---
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion....unless their opinion is dumb and ignorant.
#2TurtlePowahPosted 9/11/2013 5:35:22 AM
Naaa I love social gaming when done right. Like back when MMOrpgs first came out and only nerds played them.

Those were good times, no aholes trying to ruing the experience for you on purpose.
#3Bryant187Posted 9/11/2013 5:42:02 AM
merkhava posted...
I have a full and healthy work life, family life, and social life. So when I play games I just want everyone to back the **** off.

I want to escape the everyday mundane and immerse myself into an epic world and completely forgot about the world around me for a couple hours.

You might say that I dont have to use the social elements of a game, but how is that even possible? All the next gen consoles are pushing forward in that direction, especially the Xbox One. Voice Chat, Video Chat, Online Co-Ops and VS, achievements for online gaming - I'm just so sick of it!

And what really bothers me is that game developers are foregoing the single-player aspect and focusing more and more on social online multiplayer.

I'm annoyed when they add MP to games that don't need it.

Tomb Raider remake
Asassins Creed Series
Bioshock 2

Im sure the list could go on.
---
Don't choose a console because of price, hardware or popularity. Choose a console because it has the games you want. For me that choice is X1.
#4SunDevil77Posted 9/11/2013 5:44:23 AM
You're in for a bad ride, then. It's fun at times. You can ignore it when it is not.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#5SilentS89Posted 9/11/2013 5:44:33 AM
It has negative consequences on the things I like.

They balance games around multiplayer and the singleplayer suffers.

They limit cheating in singleplayer because of multiplayer.

Then they become so successful that all the other companies shoehorn their multiplayer/social BS into all their games.
#62ndAtomiskPosted 9/11/2013 5:50:42 AM(edited)
The only thing that bothers me about social gaming are when old franchises get reborn....as social games.

Square announces Circle of Mana and I'm thinking that we finally get a new Mana game. Come to find out it's exclusive to that GREE social gaming platform thing.

Also, this.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#7matt-nicklinPosted 9/11/2013 5:55:33 AM
I hate online achievements.
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
#8bob15xPosted 9/11/2013 6:10:46 AM
merkhava posted...

The only part I hate is social integration with facebook and all that.
#9SekaiIchibanPosted 9/11/2013 6:10:57 AM
2ndAtomisk posted...
The only thing that bothers me about social gaming are when old franchises get reborn....as social games.

Square announces Circle of Mana and I'm thinking that we finally get a new Mana game. Come to find out it's exclusive to that GREE social gaming platform thing.

Also, this.

*cough* Breath of Fire 6.... Capcom and Square Enix will be synonymous with social gaming after generation I'm afraid.
#10WestSdeNleVrusPosted 9/11/2013 7:16:39 AM
If you're talking about Facebook and Twitter hell yes.

Just talking during MP games, well because of the countless A-holes online the majority already no longer talk to randoms. I still talk to my friends all the time. Sometimes I'll ignore the party chat invite when I'm playing a SP game, but when we play together I'm always talking to them. Even if only half of it is game related the rest is still every day friend BS.