Anyone else sick of "social" gaming?

#31NeoMonkPosted 9/13/2013 2:37:00 AM
Games like WOW ruined my view on what a conventional videogame is.
If it doesn't have a online component i'm rather turned off by the game itself nomatter what it is.
I'm currently going through quite a few WII games which offer no ONLINE and I'm noticing much more fatigue when playing SP games than online with other people. It changes the pace and gives you other objectives than just "FINISH THIS LEVEL AND GO TO THE NEXT"
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#32TalentedMPosted 9/13/2013 2:40:48 AM
It hasn't been an anti social thing since a Player 2 was introduced.

So no. I never felt that way at home playing with my friends or family when they came over, not when I would go to the arcade to hang out and school kids at MvsC or Tekken and definitely not when online gaming became an important and fun experience.

If anything I am glad is going away from the whole nerd/introvert sort of thing and becoming a bit more mainstream. We have people creating genuine fun experiences and new ideas for games, fantastic artwork and stories.

If anything it is a good thing that "social" gaming exists and will continue to exist. Sure there are some bad sides but the good sides are all very much there.

Not that a good alone time gaming session isn't needed now and then and that tacked on multiplayer isn't bull****, but there are plenty of good things about being social while gaming. I wouldn't have half the friends I have without the arcade being a place to hang out, my local lan center (back in the day) and of course asking people if they wanna come over and play some games.

I don't feel like I will ever be tired of social gaming.
---
I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing
#33CaIiber345Posted 9/13/2013 2:45:49 AM
I'm tired of multiplayer being shoehorned into everything. I'm tired of the growing trend of multiplayer being equally focused on, or now eliminating a single player experience. I'd actually be interested in Titanfall if it had a SP experience.

I'm REALLY sick of crap like Facebook integration.

I don't have a problem with multiplayer gaming for what it is. I'm tired of it becoming such a focus over SP experiences.
---
"There is a lot of middle ground between superhero powers and "Niko, let's go bowling." Dr_Mojo
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting