Capcom has a total of $152 million dollars in the bank.

#316speednissanPosted 9/11/2013 10:19:09 AM
MORE DLC? So long Capcom. I'll have to pay $5 to use the X button. Capcom is already ridiculous.
#32DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/11/2013 10:27:09 AM
6speednissan posted...
MORE DLC? So long Capcom. I'll have to pay $5 to use the X button. Capcom is already ridiculous.

This is the exact kind of silly fallacious arguments that plague any real discussion about DLC. DLC hate is a pure bandwagon fed by ignorant gamers.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#33regsantotomasPosted 9/11/2013 10:28:20 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
6speednissan posted...

This is the exact kind of silly fallacious arguments that plague any real discussion about DLC. DLC hate is a pure bandwagon fed by ignorant gamers.

What did you expect? Legitimate counterpoints?
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#34chiefofsb78Posted 9/11/2013 10:31:09 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
I think it's the entire DLC thing that got them into trouble in the first case.

I know it's why I stopped buying their games.

Instead of changing that, they're going to make it even worse by focusing even more on DLC.

Because their DLC sales making them money 10 people complaining about DLC doesn't looks like trouble to them
---
killerinstinctonline
#35bigdom93Posted 9/11/2013 11:25:27 AM
ok, with this in mind some of their more recent decisions, such as ace attorney download only, I can understand why they are doing it, I still don't like it but I'll be a little more forgiving from now on.
---
Trust no one, the minute god cr@pped out the third caveman, there was a conspiracy against one of them
#36RayconPosted 9/11/2013 11:30:17 AM
6speednissan posted...

I think there are some pretty legitimate reasons for disliking DLC policies, especially the ones Capcom attempted in the past...
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#37SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2013 11:56:57 AM(edited)

Again, they have no real solid evidence. And forbes? Terrible arguments that are not much better than what I have seen on GFaqs. How has it been bad for players? There is barely anything tangible in the two artirlces I read from there.

Of course there isn't any real evidence: you can't prove what a game like Street Fighter 4 would have sold if they didn't have any DLC at all, because there never was a SF54 without DLC.

You can't seriously be asking for prove of a theoretical concept and expect someone to come up with actual numbers.

It's been bad because we are paying more than we should.

You can argue all day about " objectively getting your money's worth" and crap like that.

It doesn't work that way:

If I feel like I'm getting ripped off, I'm not going to be interested in buying a new game by the same company.

Video game sales on consoles have been decreasing the last few years.
There is no proof DLC has anything to do with that, but I'd say it's a played a part in it.
It certainly has in my decisions about what games to buy.

chiefofsb78 posted...

Because their DLC sales making them money 10 people complaining about DLC doesn't looks like trouble to them

Apparently it's not really making them much at all.

So this will probably be a good test case to see whether focusing even more on DLC will help them make money again or push them down even further.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#38Kudou_AkaiPosted 9/11/2013 12:10:02 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Use some of that cash for Viewtiful Joe 3, please <3

---
The Silver Bullet
Now Playing: Tales of Xillia, The Last of Us, Injustice, Naruto Storm 3. Uncharted 3 & Sleeping Dogs
#39knightimexPosted 9/11/2013 3:38:12 PM
If Capcom added cheat dlc to all of their older games I would pull them out of their financial crysis.
---
Being shocked why a console can't perform on the same level of PC is like being shocked why a pickup truck isn't on the same level as a train.
#40pblimp360Posted 9/11/2013 3:42:49 PM
This saddens me because Capcom has to be one of gaming's best companies of all time and to have the possibility of them going away due to bankruptcy or whatever is depressing.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved