About the 180s, MS: "I love the fact that we are reactive and agile in that way"

#21lastrockerPosted 9/11/2013 6:53:29 PM
microsoft never changed their policies on behalf of the consumer, and that's what they're trying so hard to get everyone to think. they openly admitted they were not concerned with "real" or "hardcore" gamers because they believed they would have to buy one regardless. the consumers were voicing negative input and concern MONTHS before MS even publicly announced what the ONE would consist of, based on the rumors which all pretty much turned out to be true. MS must have known the backlash was there or would be coming. they stood firm, arrogant, and defiant of consumers in the month after the announcement. they claimed they would never and COULDN't go back on what they were doing.

it was only after pre-order sales figures and the numerous polls that they realized they would be utterly screwed if they didn't reverse some things. Now they're trying to convince people that NUADS is for the consumer too. and some people buy it!!! ??? i do not believe for a second that anything microsoft has done anywhere near recently has had any integrity behind it whatsoever. it all corporate PR spin. why would anyone actually believe this?
#22Spetsnaz420Posted 9/11/2013 10:41:20 PM
Microsoft should be praised for not walking off a cliff guys
---
I don't conform to social convention
#23Sailor GoonPosted 9/11/2013 11:54:55 PM
they only started listening to their customers when preorder numbers came in. Until then, they had a very "tough ****" attitude.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#24Astute-CIassPosted 9/12/2013 12:45:40 AM
Sailor Goon posted...
they only started listening to their customers when preorder numbers came in. Until then, they had a very "tough ****" attitude.

This. Anyone who thinks they were "reactive" or "agile" over consumer outcry, not to being mutilated by Sony in pre-order numbers, is very naive indeed.
#25wake_me_420Posted 9/12/2013 4:13:23 AM
The backlash started months prior to E3, when rumours were being announced on gaming sites coming from developers. A lot of people were in denial. Then #dealwithit happened. This is when the drm etc. issues began to be given more credence and the backlash snowballed.

Still, MS's position was that 'we know what's better for you than you do.'. As mentioned, it was ONLY the pre-order numbers that changed their mind.

Everything worked out for the best, but let's not let them re-write history.
---
Check out this sweet box fort I made. Dare I say, 'World's Greatest' :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jo57wauuvA
#26JusticeSwordPosted 9/12/2013 4:17:55 AM
Sailor Goon posted...

---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#27maheo30Posted 9/12/2013 4:37:19 AM
I liked the original policies that got removed because of the whining entitlement babies. So, I don't see this as a good thing.
---
The world should realize with increased clearness that Evangelicalism stands or falls with Calvinism. (Dr. B.B. Warfield)
#28NSGraphitePosted 9/12/2013 4:40:59 AM
Belberith posted...
I wouldn't give MS so much crap if it wasn't for their initial attitude and timing in getting rid of the policies.

People have always been negative to the idea of always online and even a service like Steam took a while for people to adopt.

Initial rumors of the DRM started up before the console reveal and people responded negatively and very vocally.

They Didn't change it.

People responded vocally and very negatively after the launch.

They Didn't change it.

When confronted with overwhelming negativity Microsoft said it was the future and that consumers would just have to get used to an always online console. E3 came around and once again MS received negative press.

They Didn't change it.

Pre-Order Numbers came in

"We at Microsoft value the opinions of our consumers..........."

I give them credit for changing their policies but they still tried to impose policies NO ONE wanted in the first place. I'm not attacking them but I don't understand how they're surprised when people are still responding negatively.

This is EXACTLY what happened, and this is why MS continues to get flack to this day. Gamers saw the MS didn't change the policy to please consumers. They changed the policy because they were getting their asses handed to them by the competition. It's their bottom line that they were protecting, not consumer satisfaction!
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#29MrSpaM111Posted 9/12/2013 5:00:05 AM(edited)
More people who think the policies were changed due to internet forums rather than pre order sales

Are people seriously just forgetting MS stating

'We have an offline system, it's called the 360'

'We can't just flip a switch on DRM'

'Kinect is an integral part of the system, it needs to be connected and switched on at all times'

They didn't change any of this because they listened to customers, they were telling the customers to **** off before the first pre order figures dropped.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#30xtacb(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 8:28:21 AM
agile like a backflipping ninja
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?