Do you think MS will try to ape Sony's terrible last-gen Hollywood games trend?

#71axelfooley2k5Posted 9/12/2013 12:11:03 PM
apt ....it is trolling

what if someone asked if sony was going to copy kinect adventures?
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#72regsantotomasPosted 9/12/2013 12:15:21 PM
I don't see anything wrong with those type of epic games.

I love seeing the whole gamut of games from small indie productions to large scale productions like some of the ones mentioned.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#73TheApd_Returns(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 12:19:42 PM
It's good to see that clear heads are able to read my topic and comment without frothing "HE INSULTED THE LAST OF US BRING THE PITCHFORKS"

I really appreciate the conversation
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF3 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#74chrish909Posted 9/12/2013 12:26:32 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
I was at several points concerned for the state of the industry during the last gen. The first was the release of the Wii. This is the future? Waggling? Thankfully, not only did it die out fast, but Nintendo's best titles were traditionally controlled.

Then came the CoD/CoD clone phase, to rescue console sales from lack of good exclusives.

Then came the Sony offensive with Uncharted.

Just when PS3 seemed in the gutters, Sony's 1st/2nd Party studios flooded us with a bunch of setpiece "Hollywood" games. Uncharted, God of War, Heavy Rain, The Last of Us, Resistance, Killzone

The sad part? The public bought it all up. It became clear that gaming was becoming all about a well-presented but technically shallow singleplayer games, with tacked on multiplayer. It's all good as long as it looks like a summer blockbuster, right? The Last of Us was the epitome of this. The plot and character development, on their own, would have made a B-grade fantasy novel; good for the videogame medium, but really nothing that hasn't been seen before. The art style was seamless. But what did you have, in terms of a videogame? QTEs. No challenging scenarios. A completely vapid stealth element. Sadly, multiplayer was the most engaging part of this game for the Counter-strike feel.

This is the trend I fear most: a bunch of linear AAA-presentation games with tacked on multiplayer. With Halo: Combat Evolved or Gears of War 2, there was some hope, but even MS turned towards the trend once they learned how well the BS offensive worked for Sony. Just look at Halo 4 or Ryse.

I'm sick of what Sony has done to gaming. And looking at their PS4 titles, it looks like they're dead set on continuing this strategy. Who else is worried that this gen will turn into a battle between a bunch of soulless, flashy exclusives, with the bulk of the hope laying on 3rd parties to deliver more cult classics like they did last gen?

This is so true. I only game on xbox and I have never been jealous of sonys exclusives ever. Two seconds of god of war gameplay and Im tired of looking at it. Uncharted is the original generic shooter. Xbox games are actual games that people desire to play more than once or more than one playthrough. Sony has no franchises because none of them are huge successes due to wanting to be movies. If I want a story Ill watch tv or a movie or read a book.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#75sworderPosted 9/12/2013 12:39:09 PM
chrish909 posted...
This is so true. I only game on xbox and I have never been jealous of sonys exclusives ever. Two seconds of god of war gameplay and Im tired of looking at it. Uncharted is the original generic shooter. Xbox games are actual games that people desire to play more than once or more than one playthrough. Sony has no franchises because none of them are huge successes due to wanting to be movies. If I want a story Ill watch tv or a movie or read a book.

Please tell us more about how killing zombies with the most generic, undeveloped mechanics ever is fun in Deadrising. Tell us how button mashing one button in Ryse is better than all the options God of War grants you. How the multiplayer in Uncharted with all those weapons is worse than shotgun galore over and over in Gears

lol at the hypocrisy
#76Shik_stickPosted 9/12/2013 1:17:25 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
"Gears of War 2, there was some hope,"

Lost all credibility there. That game is one of the epitomes of what you're whining about, and you're using it as an example of not being that??

On a gameplay level, it far outshines what you seen in Uncharted or TLoU. Care to argue that?

Run, roll, shoot, chainsaw repeat. No depth or variety at all when compared to any of the Sony exclusives you mentioned. Argument should end right there but I'm sure it won't

. As for those exclusives, uncharted has the highest amount of GOTY awards of any game in history, and more than any three Xbox exclusives combined. Heavy rain is unique, like it or hate it is VERY original and anything but what you are describing. The Last of Us...you really wanna go there? Microsoft has nothing that can compare, again there is a reason it's one of the most acclaimed games of this generation and considered to be one of the best told stories in video game history.

How many accolades has gears if war garnered? Not that many. Fail topic is fail. But there ya go,argu that one champ. Bet ya can't huh?
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#77Shik_stickPosted 9/12/2013 1:32:53 PM
chrish909 posted...
TheApd_Returns posted...
I was at several points concerned for the state of the industry during the last gen. The first was the release of the Wii. This is the future? Waggling? Thankfully, not only did it die out fast, but Nintendo's best titles were traditionally controlled.

Then came the CoD/CoD clone phase, to rescue console sales from lack of good exclusives.

Then came the Sony offensive with Uncharted.

Just when PS3 seemed in the gutters, Sony's 1st/2nd Party studios flooded us with a bunch of setpiece "Hollywood" games. Uncharted, God of War, Heavy Rain, The Last of Us, Resistance, Killzone

The sad part? The public bought it all up. It became clear that gaming was becoming all about a well-presented but technically shallow singleplayer games, with tacked on multiplayer. It's all good as long as it looks like a summer blockbuster, right? The Last of Us was the epitome of this. The plot and character development, on their own, would have made a B-grade fantasy novel; good for the videogame medium, but really nothing that hasn't been seen before. The art style was seamless. But what did you have, in terms of a videogame? QTEs. No challenging scenarios. A completely vapid stealth element. Sadly, multiplayer was the most engaging part of this game for the Counter-strike feel.

This is the trend I fear most: a bunch of linear AAA-presentation games with tacked on multiplayer. With Halo: Combat Evolved or Gears of War 2, there was some hope, but even MS turned towards the trend once they learned how well the BS offensive worked for Sony. Just look at Halo 4 or Ryse.

I'm sick of what Sony has done to gaming. And looking at their PS4 titles, it looks like they're dead set on continuing this strategy. Who else is worried that this gen will turn into a battle between a bunch of soulless, flashy exclusives, with the bulk of the hope laying on 3rd parties to deliver more cult classics like they did last gen?

Too funny...but did you really just say Sony has no franchises? Lol look at my last post. Like it is a well known fact, not opinion, fact stated by reviews, awards, polls, coco ladies and sales that Sony has much better exclusives. This is literally impossible to argue as you just end up looking like tc and his cronies look now; idiotic blind fanboys.

So yeah, keep your generic big testosterone filled Michael bay games that are big on flash and low on substance while us adults enjoy the best of both worlds.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#78TheApd_Returns(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 2:38:27 PM
Shik_stick posted...

Run, shoot, strangle, stab... The Last of Us in a nutshell

---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF3 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#79axelfooley2k5Posted 9/12/2013 2:49:41 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
Shik_stick posted...

Run, shoot, strangle, stab... The Last of Us in a nutshell

So this topic confirms you went from being a semi level headed ms fanboy into one of the delusional regulars?
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#80Dannyson97Posted 9/12/2013 3:29:31 PM
I really don't like the look of these AAA titles or cinamatic flashy games, and they are killing 3rd party exclusives, they're too expensive to keep on one console. Look at Nintendo, say what you will about them but they always make a profit and manage good games, Gamecube sold 2 million less then the Xbox, but still made a profit Xbox didn't.
---
I'm a Nintendo loyalist, respect Sony and Microsoft.