how GameStop and other companies can make money from digital gaming

#1pepsiboy95620Posted 9/11/2013 4:54:17 PM
What if they make digital games in physical copies? In a way like PC but not exactly. You still get a CD and a game cover ( for all the people who like to collect games) then stores can actually sell it all you do is put the game in our Xbox and download it from disc. That way you save time because its not online. Once done you never need the CD ever again because it acts like a online purchase and the game is useless forever no matter what. After that point if u ever lose or delete the downloaded data you can re download it on XBL as if u bought it online.
---
GT:Martin 23 kings
#2jarrett619Posted 9/11/2013 5:04:51 PM
That's actually a pretty good idea. I like buying my games digital but I hate having to actually wait for the 3-4+ hour download.
#3Alienware4LifePosted 9/11/2013 5:07:34 PM
That literally defeats the purpose of digital games. I'm never walking into a store again or waiting in ups to get a game I will click a button and start playing in 15 minutes no matter what time of the day or night.
---
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee
#4werkz_destroyzPosted 9/11/2013 5:19:36 PM
the point of digital is the convenience of being at home and clicking rent.
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#5chrish909Posted 9/11/2013 5:25:57 PM
Alienware4Life posted...
That literally defeats the purpose of digital games. I'm never walking into a store again or waiting in ups to get a game I will click a button and start playing in 15 minutes no matter what time of the day or night.

---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#6Donuts_R_GoodPosted 9/11/2013 5:40:16 PM
This may seem stupid to you lucky bastards with 30 Mb/s speeds, but for people like me, who would have to wait five-seven hours to download a full game, it's a great idea.

But... isn't this basically what Xbox One was doing when the DRM was in place?
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#7X1-4EverPosted 9/11/2013 5:45:27 PM
"isn't this basically what Xbox One was doing when the DRM was in place?"

Yep, but whiners whined and MS capitulated. And then they whined more.

And they're still whining.

This is a lesson as to why you should never listen to your customers. Just put out what you know is a good product and let them eat gravel if they don't like it. They'll whine either way.
#8monegamesPosted 9/11/2013 5:58:29 PM
X1-4Ever posted...
"isn't this basically what Xbox One was doing when the DRM was in place?"

Yep, but people didn't preorder and MS capitulated. And then they didn't preorder after..

And they're still not preordering.

This is a lesson as to why you should never listen to your customers. Just put out what you know is a good product and let them eat gravel if they don't like it. They'll whine either way.

fixed the whining part. as to not listening to your customers, glad your not the ceo of a company i have stock in because they would go down in flames fast.
#9X1-4EverPosted 9/11/2013 6:04:12 PM
Absolutely everything you've said is wrong.

I mean everything.

And you didn't "fix" my post, you simply put your own words into it, which just made it your own post, which of course, being from you, is completely wrong.

If you just wanted to make a post full of wrong, instead of mangling someone else's post, just make your own. I don't want stuff I say to be associated with you.
#10monegamesPosted 9/12/2013 9:42:44 AM
X1-4Ever posted...
Absolutely everything you've said is wrong.

I mean everything.

And you didn't "fix" my post, you simply put your own words into it, which just made it your own post, which of course, being from you, is completely wrong.

If you just wanted to make a post full of wrong, instead of mangling someone else's post, just make your own. I don't want stuff I say to be associated with you.

how is my post wrong?

As for mangling everything you said. I was correcting your incorrect information. MS didn't change anything because people were complaining or whining. they changed things because they were not hitting their projected preorder numbers. otherwise they would have changed things before E3. people started whining right after the reveal, but ms didn't change things for almost a month after that. once they got back the preorder numbers. they expected to sell out of their first preorder batch quickly, but that didn't happen. then they dumped drm. and people still didn't preorder fast enough and they announced they would allow self publishing, and people still weren't preordering fast enough for them, so they dropped kinect required to be connected at all times. and people still aren't preordering fast enough.