how GameStop and other companies can make money from digital gaming

#11Special-EddPosted 9/12/2013 10:02:48 AM
jarrett619 posted...
That's actually a pretty good idea. I like buying my games digital but I hate having to actually wait for the 3-4+ hour download.

At least now you can play the game while it downloads.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#12pepsiboy95620(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 4:14:02 AM
It is similar to the DRM except its not DRM lol, you wouldn't need to be online or have you're console checked I just think this would be a very nice way to introduce people to digital gaming and ease them into the whole transition. Yes its pointless for some who have fast internet but others out there have the basic internet making it better to download off disc.
---
GT:Martin 23 kings
#13GotTruthPosted 9/13/2013 4:22:33 AM
Call me "old fashioned" but I like to OWN the things I PAY FOR. I also like lend out my SP games to friends/family once I beat them so THEY can enjoy them too. I like to take my SP games back to Gamestop for store Credit towards a NEW or sued game. So far everything I see about "digital only" is designed to DESTROY the 2nd hand re-sale market of USED games. This is something I am NOT in support of.

Universal Test of OWNERSHIP: IF you cannot sell it, you DO NOT own it.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#14GrovelPosted 9/13/2013 4:24:25 AM
X1-4Ever posted...
"isn't this basically what Xbox One was doing when the DRM was in place?"

Yep, but whiners whined and MS capitulated. And then they whined more.

And they're still whining.

This is a lesson as to why you should never listen to your customers. Just put out what you know is a good product and let them eat gravel if they don't like it. They'll whine either way.

People were not complaining about digital downloads. They were complaining about the mandatory check in.
---
I won't change this sig until EggRow marries me.(Started 12/31/07)
#15pepsiboy95620(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 1:20:43 PM
Also they should keep the regular CDs that work off that and also have the digital download CDs just so we have options and no one complains.. I honestly think this would work
---
GT:Martin 23 kings