Anyone willing to support a petition to bring MS's Flight Sim to XBO?

#1Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/11/2013 6:45:43 PM
Just created and forgot to share with the great guys and gals here on GameFAQs!

https://www.change.org/petitions/microsoft-bring-microsoft-flight-simulator-to-the-xbox-one
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#2RollnThunder213Posted 9/11/2013 6:53:32 PM
I don't really care about this but my friend is big into Flight Sims and I bet he would love an XB1 version.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#3CapwnDPosted 9/11/2013 9:41:56 PM
Just feels like a lost cause. Unfortunately there's not much demand out there for good flight games. Might be better to just leave it as PC.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#4SparkItUpPosted 9/11/2013 9:45:35 PM
until they can give PC quality controls (foot pedals, yoke, etc)...it's pointless.

I'm actually surprised they haven't done this really...I mean really, think of all the DLC they could sell to people.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#5CapwnDPosted 9/11/2013 10:49:27 PM(edited)
SparkItUp posted...
until they can give PC quality controls (foot pedals, yoke, etc)...it's pointless.

I'm actually surprised they haven't done this really...I mean really, think of all the DLC they could sell to people.

Yeah. I hate to say it but it should really only be on PC. I'm all for pushing flight games on consoles. But the more realistic ones should be on PC, and put the arcade flight games on the consoles to hook more people.

It would be absolutely f***ing wonderful if there were enough people on consoles to buy the equipment to fully experience something like MS Flight, or even to have enough interest to play it with a controller. But it's just not happening.

I think the flight games could make a huge comeback, I think that they have to at some point. But just porting MS flight isn't the answer. I have high interest in the game myself, but I just don't find myself hooked. Flight Simulator X was really great, and MS Flight is a good step in the right direction, but until Google Earth and MS Flight f*** and make the ultimate baby, there's just not going to be a "COD" type interest in flight games. And I honestly think that there could be that much interest in flight games if it's done right.
---
#6Sniper_Brosef(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 5:49:01 AM
CapwnD posted...
SparkItUp posted...

Yeah. I hate to say it but it should really only be on PC. I'm all for pushing flight games on consoles. But the more realistic ones should be on PC, and put the arcade flight games on the consoles to hook more people.

It would be absolutely f***ing wonderful if there were enough people on consoles to buy the equipment to fully experience something like MS Flight, or even to have enough interest to play it with a controller. But it's just not happening.

I think the flight games could make a huge comeback, I think that they have to at some point. But just porting MS flight isn't the answer. I have high interest in the game myself, but I just don't find myself hooked. Flight Simulator X was really great, and MS Flight is a good step in the right direction, but until Google Earth and MS Flight f*** and make the ultimate baby, there's just not going to be a "COD" type interest in flight games. And I honestly think that there could be that much interest in flight games if it's done right.

You act like they couldn't make a great flight controller though. Just look at what was accomplished with Steel Battalion and Ace Combat 6. This can be done!
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#7MetroidFan9999Posted 9/12/2013 7:29:29 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8CapwnDPosted 9/12/2013 8:52:19 AM
That's true, Sniper_Brosef. And I have both of those, actually I have had two Aces Edge for AC6 because my first one broke (Hori later re-released it in black).

I would love it but I just don't think it would sell. Hopefully the Mech thing comes back (maybe with Titanfall success) and hopefully people start getting more interested in mech and flight games.
---
#9SparkItUpPosted 9/13/2013 10:56:18 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
CapwnD posted...
SparkItUp posted...

You act like they couldn't make a great flight controller though. Just look at what was accomplished with Steel Battalion and Ace Combat 6. This can be done!

Agreed. It really seems that during the PS3/X360 generation, they took a step backwards as far as intricate controls made specifically for certain games or game types. Then again, this has always been a generation about the casual market, and in all honesty, most casuals do not like games or controls that take a little learning to master...they want to be handed instant victory.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...