So is xbox one worth it now?

#1AurawhispererPosted 9/11/2013 8:23:34 PM
I hear a lot has changed the past few months. Yet, the price still stays the same. That's the only thing nagging me, is the pricing on the console.

But under brief note, explain what exactly has changed on it?
---
Countdown to pokemon X & Y and PS4.
Burn Black and White.
#2ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/11/2013 8:24:45 PM
Pretty much everything about both consoles are just subjective, so it's only worth it if you personally like what it has to offer.
#3Orange_ApplesPosted 9/11/2013 8:26:45 PM
lots

it can play used games
you can trade in games to any game that does trades or sell the game yourself
no need to log in every 24 hours
to play games bought at a physical retailer you need to put the disk in the tray
Kinect no longer needs to be required to function.
Indie devs no longer need a publisher

those are the major ones off the top of my head.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#4ACx7Posted 9/11/2013 8:29:14 PM(edited)
Whether or not the system is worth getting is something you have to decide. It's your money and it's your time that will be put in to it.

All of the DRM and online only policies were dropped. Kinect is still included but no longer has to be plugged in. All of the restrictions put on Indie devs have been removed. But the hardware is pretty much still the same but with a slight clock speed increase.

For me it's worth the money. Microsoft has games I want to play. So I will gladly spend the $500 on the system to play them.
#5SkilzMCPosted 9/11/2013 8:32:02 PM
Only if you absolutely love Microsoft's first party exclusives.
---
"I wanted to buy a candle holder but the store didn't have one, so I bought a cake." -Mitch Hedberg
- GT Skillz MC
#6adonfrazPosted 9/11/2013 8:58:51 PM
If you like the games and are open minded about the Kinect, then yeah.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
PSN ID: Loyal_Catalyst 3DS FC: (Loyal) 0533-4535-6191
#7Aurawhisperer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 7:42:16 AM
^ Not open minded because it's going to be in my room, which isn't enough space for movement. I'm also a casual, laid back gamer. I like to be able to sit on my bed, and enjoy a good game.
---
Countdown to pokemon X & Y and PS4.
Burn Black and White.
#8Shik_stickPosted 9/12/2013 8:30:28 AM
Aurawhisperer posted...
^ Not open minded because it's going to be in my room, which isn't enough space for movement. I'm also a casual, laid back gamer. I like to be able to sit on my bed, and enjoy a good game.

Well you don't want the Xbone than. All they have done is copy everything Sony has done with PS4 since they started changing everything. Kinetic will be ignored by developers anyway so don't worry about that. As far as good games, Sony has much better and much more.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012