Microsoft Offers Fans Early Hands-On With Xbox One

#11NewmoonPosted 9/12/2013 7:46:06 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
This sounds stupid; why are they not releasing demo kits to retailers?

this is a baaaad bad sign

Probably because having limited demos will build up hype.

If you throw out demos everywhere a month before launch you'll get a situation where the system loses its luster if everyone gets to demo it and not to mention there will be numerous defects or glitches that will skew done from buying the system.

Having it available for 150 minutes means the vast majority won't get to play it but will show up, get wowed and want that ****.
---
WWE Fantasy Name: Blings 4 Life Season 4 and 6 Gamefaqs League Champion
Former PWB Trivia '07 Champ! -Crowned by DarkRuneblade
#12zack12369Posted 9/12/2013 8:48:54 AM
"Crowds are likely to be big"

Lol it's Xbone. There's going to be a small single file line.
---
Gamefaqs. The only place where you can get called a troll for throwing facts and opinions around.
http://tinyurl.com/d34tjqt
#13Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 11:36:45 AM
Newmoon posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
This sounds stupid; why are they not releasing demo kits to retailers?

this is a baaaad bad sign

Probably because having limited demos will build up hype.

If you throw out demos everywhere a month before launch you'll get a situation where the system loses its luster if everyone gets to demo it and not to mention there will be numerous defects or glitches that will skew done from buying the system.

Having it available for 150 minutes means the vast majority won't get to play it but will show up, get wowed and want that ****.

I didn't think of it from that point of view, good point.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#14SunDevil77Posted 9/12/2013 11:39:52 AM
Sweet. I'll be in Phoenix again around then to give a lecture. Fashion Square is where it's at
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#15Combo626Posted 9/12/2013 12:17:02 PM
Nice, I live in Orlando, I'll definitely check this out.
---
PREPARE FOR BATTTTTLLEEEE!
#16MRL3G3NDPosted 9/12/2013 1:15:03 PM
Just like bad games when they release with no demo...they are banking on PR spin rather than letting the hardware speak for itself

smh, that's been the story all along here
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#17drfirepantsPosted 9/12/2013 1:22:42 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...
Just like bad games when they release with no demo...they are banking on PR spin rather than letting the hardware speak for itself

smh, that's been the story all along here

So taking the hardware on tour so people can actually some hands on time with said hardware is not letting the hardware speak for itself?.......makes complete sense
#18BigAl519Posted 9/12/2013 1:24:29 PM
zack12369 posted...
"Crowds are likely to be big"

Lol it's Xbone. There's going to be a small single file line.

What I was thinking lol. It will be like that professional sports player at the mall, signing autographs, who just scrapped into the majors and no one knows. You walk by, see 10 people in line and laugh.
---
90% DVR 10% Gaming all thrown into one!
#19Orange_ApplesPosted 9/12/2013 2:42:49 PM
Meh, Gamestops will have the demo unit up and running in a few months.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#20Orange_ApplesPosted 9/12/2013 2:45:22 PM
December 6, 2013
7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Scottsdale, AZ
Scottsdale Fashion Square

Is the Xbox One being delayed in Arizona or something? not much of an early access if it is 2 weeks after the console launches.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.