33 things you should know about X1

#1MrImpatient35Posted 9/12/2013 6:41:46 AM
http://www.oxm.co.uk/61886/features/the-xbox-one-33-things-you-need-to-know/

This is somewhat of a recap of facts that everyone might not know. This list even includes the small things, like filtering out trolls (#7).
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#2MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 7:00:05 AM
15. Kinect works in smaller rooms

Here's another reason to give the new Kinect a chance: it's got a wider field of vision than the old one, which means it's able to fit more easily into the diminished dimensions of the typical UK living room. Although we've still yet to try it out in the real world, it seems like it will work with around four feet of space in front of the television, rather than current Kinect's recommendation of six.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#3calibus11Posted 9/12/2013 7:10:05 AM
16. One Xbox Gold account works for every user

If you have an Xbox Live Gold subscription on your account, any other account on the same console can use all the benefits of Gold - including online multiplayer and most apps.

That's one I didn't really know about. So Gold subscription is "per-console"...not "per-person"...pretty nice.
#4MetroidFan9999Posted 9/12/2013 7:11:35 AM
LOL at #2.

I'm surprised people are still latching onto the "heart rate detection" spin....smh.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#5calibus11Posted 9/12/2013 7:16:09 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
LOL at #2.

I'm surprised people are still latching onto the "heart rate detection" spin....smh.

Agreed, kinda lame...but alot of ideas are lame in the beginning when no one is using them in the right way...

The Kinect for instance...I think that everything said about it on that list is how it should be portrayed and used...They should have never sold it separately...If it was just part of the system, it would have been more accepted.
#6MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 7:22:11 AM
calibus11 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
LOL at #2.

Agreed, kinda lame...but alot of ideas are lame in the beginning when no one is using them in the right way...

The Kinect for instance...I think that everything said about it on that list is how it should be portrayed and used...They should have never sold it separately...If it was just part of the system, it would have been more accepted.

I saw a video of a guy making some pretty ambitious uses for Kinect, like it detecting your heart rate or pupil dilation during horror games. That'd be pretty cool if they did that for The Evil Within. First Horror game I've liked in years.

17. It comes with a headset, but Kinect can hear you fine

The new directional microphone in Kinect can isolate background sound very effectively. Paired with the ability to see who's holding the controller, it can focus in on your voice even if other people are speaking - and pick you out over the background noise of the game, so you don't have to shout. The console also comes with a headset, for those Xbox Live chitchats you'd rather other people didn't hear.

I didn't know about 17.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
#7MetroidFan9999Posted 9/12/2013 7:36:36 AM
calibus11 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
LOL at #2.

I'm not even betting on this idea being used at all, this sounds like the exact same marketing routine that was used for the original kinect...over-the-top featureset that sounds way too good to be true.

I've seen the demos with this in action, it wasn't conclusive in the least.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#8Laylow12Posted 9/12/2013 7:38:26 AM
Lots of things missing:

Targeted advertising using KINECT 2.0
Extra expensive
Weaker hardware
Company tried to screw us over until preorder numbers were starting, only then were things changed.
KINECT 2.0 is an NSA agents dream or hackers pipeline into your home.
Extra power brick you need to find room for
Most features hidden behind a "pay me more wall"
Major investor group pushing for sale of XBOX division, many unanswered questions if this happens.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#9ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/12/2013 7:39:53 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
15. Kinect works in smaller rooms

Here's another reason to give the new Kinect a chance: it's got a wider field of vision than the old one, which means it's able to fit more easily into the diminished dimensions of the typical UK living room. Although we've still yet to try it out in the real world, it seems like it will work with around four feet of space in front of the television, rather than current Kinect's recommendation of six.

I don't think anyone at the moment really dislikes the kinect because they don't believe it will work or be accurate. Most just aren't interested in a motion peripheral to begin with.
#10Exodus_PrimePosted 9/12/2013 7:40:15 AM
Inbeforethepaywallturdsshowup
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.