X1 > Xbone

#11NatatteruPosted 9/12/2013 8:50:14 AM
Car > VCR
---
3DS: 3239-2567-4999 PSN: NatatBW XBL: Natatdood
Mains: P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - AE: Cammy/Ibuki - 3s: Makoto - MBAACC: H-VSion/C-Ryougi - Dragon's Crown: Elf
#122DshmuploverPosted 9/12/2013 9:00:31 AM
I've called it X1 since the beginning. It's kinda funny how it turned out like this though as "Xbone" is a great identifier for trolls and haters. It just screams "I can't stand this machine!"

I had a go at someone for calling PS4 the "Piss4" on another forum but tbh when I really thought about it, "Xbone" is very much the same childish abbreviation.

Think about s though, is it "Xbone" or is it "Crossbone"?? Sound a bit cooler now? no oh well.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#13TreasureHunterGPosted 9/12/2013 9:03:24 AM
2Dshmuplover posted...
I've called it X1 since the beginning. It's kinda funny how it turned out like this though as "Xbone" is a great identifier for trolls and haters. It just screams "I can't stand this machine!"

I had a go at someone for calling PS4 the "Piss4" on another forum but tbh when I really thought about it, "Xbone" is very much the same childish abbreviation.

Think about s though, is it "Xbone" or is it "Crossbone"?? Sound a bit cooler now? no oh well.

XBOne makes sense: X Box ONE -> XBOne
---
http://i.imgur.com/GqJTaKQ.jpg
#142DshmuploverPosted 9/12/2013 9:09:38 AM(edited)
TreasureHunterG posted...
2Dshmuplover posted...

But it doesn't though, it's Xbox One. Not "Xbone". If people capitalised "XBOne" as you have done then I woudln't automatically think they were a troll or hater.

However, no-one said "Xb360" last gen, it was either "X360" or "360" or simply "Xbox". "Xbone" is deliberate play on words.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#15SaintSeiyaXPosted 9/12/2013 11:12:34 AM
Either way, it is XBox One not XB One....so that Xbone thing is really terrible. Only the ponies would disagree.
---
I wish the Knicks had Morey. Not because of his GM prowess but because he would improve our team defense and lower the overall team age.
#16Bikes-Posted 9/12/2013 11:18:02 AM
Comcast's X1 device is better than the Xbox one? Ok.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#17MaximusDMPosted 9/12/2013 11:41:12 AM
2Dshmuplover posted...
TreasureHunterG posted...
2Dshmuplover posted...

But it doesn't though, it's Xbox One. Not "Xbone". If people capitalised "XBOne" as you have done then I woudln't automatically think they were a troll or hater.

However, no-one said "Xb360" last gen, it was either "X360" or "360" or simply "Xbox". "Xbone" is deliberate play on words.

You can say 360 and gamers universally understand you are talking about the Xbox 360. You can't say "one" and people understand what you are talking about. Not to mention it can be confusing and downright strange to say in short form verbally.
-"I'd like Multiplatform Game Y please."
"And what console do you want it for?"
-"One."
"One what?"
-"For the one."
"Which one?"
-"One!"
"Ok, so ONE copy for... the PS4?"
-"No for the Xbone."
"Oh, why didn't you say so in the first place?"

Xbox One can also refer to the original Xbox as that is how many referred to it when the 360 came out. Now injected "the" with the "one" and calling it "the one" is pretentious and even fanboys hesitate to call it that because it really isn't "the one" and the only "one" because there are other "ones" that are on the market.
You shouldn't be getting defensive over a name of a console that is just poorly thought out on Microsoft's part. Just like the Wii U.

There was a point in time, and people still do, when Nintendo consoles were just referred to as "the nintendo". Xbox just isn't strong enough of a brand to pull that off quite yet.
---
"Winners don't use drugs."
Those arcade slogans lied to me. I have yet to win.
#18TerryJ999Posted 9/12/2013 11:44:48 AM
XB MK I > X-bone
#19BlueJester007Posted 9/12/2013 11:53:25 AM
McDonald's French Fries > Wendy's French Fries
---
Deus Ex: Human Revelation OST Title: I Never Asked For Discs
#20ILikesCheesePosted 9/12/2013 12:14:00 PM
looselink posted...
Topic

You forgot something...Here. Let me help!

* - Topic is the sole opinion of GameFaqs User Looselink and in no way is based on fact, or even popular, majority opinion.

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?