X1 > Xbone

#41pblimp360Posted 9/12/2013 10:16:08 PM
shawntew9935 posted...
This is the way that makes the most sense. You dont see people using PSFour, they use ps4.

Yep, but common sense isn't common.

Thewinner14 posted...
i agree with you, I was more pointing out why PSour fails the logic test

I see.

Raycon posted...
Probably because PS4 is advertised as a PS4, and not a PS Four.

The exact opposite is true for the XBO...

Understood, but that doesn't stop anyone from making a logical diminutive name (I don't think that exactly fits for an object but I can't think of the proper word right now) for the system, but trolls won out.

They instead went with a negative nickname in calling it, the Xbone and honestly, at first I can see why with the policies MS had being largely unpopular.

"Xbone" just sounds so stupid to me though and something like a kid would say that I actively protest it.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#42RayconPosted 9/12/2013 10:59:14 PM
pblimp360 posted...
Raycon posted...
Probably because PS4 is advertised as a PS4, and not a PS Four.

The exact opposite is true for the XBO...

Understood, but that doesn't stop anyone from making a logical diminutive name (I don't think that exactly fits for an object but I can't think of the proper word right now) for the system, but trolls won out.

They instead went with a negative nickname in calling it, the Xbone and honestly, at first I can see why with the policies MS had being largely unpopular.

"Xbone" just sounds so stupid to me though and something like a kid would say that I actively protest it.

I think it's just as silly, but at this point it's so commonplace, fans might as well own it. There's only power in the "derogatory name" so long you give it to them. Kind of like "Donte" from DmC- eventually it just stuck. Whether you like it or not kind of becomes irrelevant at that point. I'm sure similar instances have happened in the past, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Just my thoughts, I guess. No value judgment one way or the other.
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#43pblimp360Posted 9/12/2013 11:02:09 PM
Ultimately you're correct in owning it, which clearly MS took to actually owning the name lol

I still wont use it though.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#44CaptainKickass_Posted 9/12/2013 11:13:38 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
McDonald's French Fries > Wendy's French Fries

Oh my god, this hurt me so much.
---
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. --Terry Pratchett
#45AlexanaxelaPosted 9/12/2013 11:27:58 PM
microsoft decided on the abbreviation ''xbone'' when they came up with the name. Take it up with them, 5 seconds of thought and they should have saw this coming a mile away
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#46SaintFC_Posted 9/12/2013 11:31:06 PM
Alexanaxela posted...
5 seconds of thought and they should have saw this coming a mile away

Lol, MS thinking.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#47ILikesCheesePosted 9/13/2013 12:56:36 PM(edited)
shawntew9935 posted...
Xbone is 5 letters and creates an immature pun.
Psour is 5 letters and creates an immature pun.

They also both combine the second letter with the last word to change the meaning and sound of the last word.

Pronunciation
Ex Bone
Pee Sour

Psfour would equate better to pronouncing xbone as Xb one. But thats not what people are doing.

Logic fool learn it.

Still so sorry.

That logic - this "five letters silliness" - is only apparent to you. The main case remains unsullied: "XBone" is perfect nomenclature as it keeps the correct abbreviation of the brand name perfectly intact. "PSour" is just a weaksauce attempt at trying to come up with a derogatory phrase for the other console and falling flat on your face.

Please, don't make yourself look any more foolish than you already have. Just sit down and take your scolding like a good little boy.

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#48ILikesCheesePosted 9/13/2013 12:54:13 PM
AwayFromHere posted...
Microsoft owns Xbone.com, argument is invalid.

...and then of course there's that little nail in the coffin. :)

-
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#49TheMeanRockPosted 9/13/2013 10:16:40 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
shawntew9935 posted...
Xbone is 5 letters and creates an immature pun.
Psour is 5 letters and creates an immature pun.

They also both combine the second letter with the last word to change the meaning and sound of the last word.

Pronunciation
Ex Bone
Pee Sour

Psfour would equate better to pronouncing xbone as Xb one. But thats not what people are doing.

Logic fool learn it.

Still so sorry.

That logic - this "five letters silliness" - is only apparent to you. The main case remains unsullied: "XBone" is perfect nomenclature as it keeps the correct abbreviation of the brand name perfectly intact. "PSour" is just a weaksauce attempt at trying to come up with a derogatory phrase for the other console and falling flat on your face.

Please, don't make yourself look any more foolish than you already have. Just sit down and take your scolding like a good little boy.

:D

Gotta agree with this.

Also, Xbone is easily the best sounding name for the console.
---
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8059/8199250304_01370f5a4e_c.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8337/8207044795_85d12224dd_z.jpg
#50ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/13/2013 10:36:20 PM
XB1 > X1

It's the X-BOX 1, not the "X-1" like a fighter jet or BMW car model (or etc).