Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Shows Off Anvil Next Engine's Next Gen Splendor

#1Dev445Posted 9/12/2013 10:50:36 AM
by Mike Futter

In a new trailer, Ubisoft is showing off the weather, foliage, and lighting that make Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag's Caribbean come to life. In addition to just looking pretty, you'll get a sense of how the changes to the Anvil Next engine impact the gameplay.

The waves on the ocean, the cover of flora for stealth, and the way two separately animated objects mesh to make ship boarding more fluid are all enhancements found in the next installment of Ubisoft's annual series. You can see it for yourself on October 29, 2013, when Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag arrives on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. The title will also be available for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/assassins_creed_iv_black_flag/b/playstation4/archive/2013/09/12/ubisoft-shows-off-assassins-creed-ivs-next-gen-splendor.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2Skynet82997Posted 9/12/2013 11:14:42 AM
Looks incredible!
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#3The_DarkwalkerPosted 9/12/2013 12:09:33 PM
Gorgeous.
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#4Exodus_PrimePosted 9/12/2013 12:12:38 PM
Pre - Oder cancelled. Will get the PS4 version instead because devs said water effects look better on PS4....
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#5RollnThunder213Posted 9/12/2013 12:24:22 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Pre - Oder cancelled. Will get the PS4 version instead because devs said water effects look better on PS4....

In relation to the PS3 version
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#6Skynet82997Posted 9/12/2013 12:28:22 PM
RollnThunder213 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

In relation to the PS3 version

Yes - that's very clear from the article that's been kicking around for a few months.

But people still try to make it out to be a comparison between the PS4 and XB1 versions.....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#7HUIPosted 9/12/2013 12:40:56 PM
Higher quality video. Right-click and save:

http://www.gamersyde.com/download_assassin_s_creed_iv_black_flag_building_a_next_gen_open_world-30779_en.html
#8zerooo0Posted 9/12/2013 12:47:47 PM
Meh, Fox Engine, & CryEngine has spoiled me. I'm personally more impressed with Ryse, & MGSV than ACIV Anvil Next so far.

I want to blame that on the Cross Gen porting, but even MGSV is coming to Current Gen consoles & Kojima said the big difference is the 30 to 60FPS along with the particle affects probably. I'm personally waiting for an AC game that takes full advantage of the next gen tech that isn't being held back by current gen.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.