Can you afford both the Xbox One and PS4 within 1 year of launch?

#11CrusnikCainPosted 9/12/2013 11:46:46 AM
I can but no sure if i am going to purchase both
---
Gamer Tag : CrusnikCain
#12Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 11:49:37 AM
-CheeseSteak- posted...
Hucast9 posted...
About those warrantys: Does anyone anyone if Best Buy will do straight up brand new replacements at the store if there is a problem with your system if you purchase a store warranty?

I got my box w/warranty from BB, and they did send y box in for repair but then just decided to send me a gift card (not tied specifically to BB) for the value of it to buy a new one (potentially).

I ended up buying a cell phone with the money and bought a new 360 a bit later.

So they may or may not give us a gift card if there is a problem with the system? Sounds a bit unreliable. I don't want to wait 3 weeks if the console is sent in and I don't get a gift card. Anyone else here have experience with a recent store warranty claim for any system at Best Buy?
#13Special-EddPosted 9/12/2013 12:11:27 PM
Hucast9 posted...
-CheeseSteak- posted...
Hucast9 posted...
About those warrantys: Does anyone anyone if Best Buy will do straight up brand new replacements at the store if there is a problem with your system if you purchase a store warranty?

I got my box w/warranty from BB, and they did send y box in for repair but then just decided to send me a gift card (not tied specifically to BB) for the value of it to buy a new one (potentially).

I ended up buying a cell phone with the money and bought a new 360 a bit later.

So they may or may not give us a gift card if there is a problem with the system? Sounds a bit unreliable. I don't want to wait 3 weeks if the console is sent in and I don't get a gift card. Anyone else here have experience with a recent store warranty claim for any system at Best Buy?

I used to work at best buy a few years back and I remember there being 2 kinds of warranties. One of them was called the product replacement plan and that one allowed you to leave with a new unit if they had one in stock. I'm not certain whether or not they will be offering that plan on the Xbox One but if they do I'd recommend buying it over the product service plan.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#14Joey-ZazaPosted 9/12/2013 12:26:48 PM
No I can't afford it. I make just over 50k and like 25% of that goes to rent.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#15EllesarienPosted 9/12/2013 12:29:05 PM
No problem there but you should always try to maximize your purchases.

If we get lucky and Forza is shipped with launch X-1's I will buy a launch.

If not, I will wait until next year to buy both the X-1 and PS4.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#16Orange_ApplesPosted 9/12/2013 12:36:29 PM
Could, but I wont.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#17AnakeriePosted 9/12/2013 12:38:50 PM
I can afford it, but I'm not going to. Most of the games I want will be multi-platform.
---
GT: CrampedSultana
Pawn: Zarianna
#18-CheeseSteak-Posted 9/12/2013 1:53:29 PM
Ellesarien posted...
If we get lucky and Forza is shipped with launch X-1's I will buy a launch.

Forza is a launch title, or do you mean comes with/bundled with the One?

Not sure what you mean by that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/oYxrozA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/bf7V5UA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CX2wuHR.jpg http://i.imgur.com/wrC7PDT.jpg
#19ACx7Posted 9/12/2013 1:55:46 PM
Yep. Xbox One at launch. PS4 either late winter or early spring.
#20PhoenixPrincePosted 9/12/2013 2:43:15 PM
Can I? Yes. Will I? No. I'm not even pulling out a chunk just for my PS4, I'm setting aside cash every week for it.
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
3DS FC: 4596-9684-4261