An actual real question about Xbone (Fantasy Football related)

#1hypersonic2000Posted 9/12/2013 2:55:07 PM
So they're touting this fantasy football stuff, but is it just Fantasy Football from NFL.com?

Most of the people I know play on Yahoo, and sometimes ESPN. No one ever plays on the actual official website for some reason (lol). So is that the only website compatible? If so, then that is pretty lame.
---
http://i.imgur.com/P2Y5MzJ.jpg
#2Orange_ApplesPosted 9/12/2013 3:03:43 PM
yes. You can get the app now on Windows 8 PCs and possibly Windows 8 tablets (I don't have a tablet to check). It is the official Fantasy Football app.

You can probably build the same roster on the app so it can track stuff for you. I don't play fantasy sports, so I don't keep up on how it all works...
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#3hypersonic2000(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 3:07:23 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
yes. You can get the app now on Windows 8 PCs and possibly Windows 8 tablets (I don't have a tablet to check). It is the official Fantasy Football app.

You can probably build the same roster on the app so it can track stuff for you. I don't play fantasy sports, so I don't keep up on how it all works...

Hmm, that sounds like a pain if you have to build the roster every week. I thought it just automatically tracks whatever league you're playing in? And it should track the players that you're starting week-by-week. Or is that just for the official websites?

You know, for all the advertisements Microsoft is making to try and sell this to casuals, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of information.
---
#4ElPolloDiablo87Posted 9/12/2013 3:08:19 PM
hypersonic2000 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

Hmm, that sounds like a pain if you have to build the roster every week. I thought it just automatically tracks whatever league you're playing in? And it should track the players that you're starting week-by-week. Or is that just for the official websites?

You know, for all the advertisements Microsoft is making to try and sell this to casuals, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of information.

What do you mean no information? It's out. Go download it and see for yourself.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#5Orange_ApplesPosted 9/12/2013 3:18:47 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
hypersonic2000 posted...
Orange_Apples posted...

What do you mean no information? It's out. Go download it and see for yourself.

yeah, if you got windows 8 computer, a windows tablet, or even check the google play store or the apple app store, or heaven forbid, go to NFL website and try out the app. It should be free.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#6hypersonic2000(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 3:58:13 PM(edited)
Well, nevermind, I found an answer on google.

While the fantasy football experience is focused on NFL.com for now, Microsoft hopes to enable the same type of functionality for other fantasy football leagues like those on Yahoo or ESPN in the future.

source: http://www.gizmoenvy.com/2013/09/03/microsoft-brings-new-espn-and-nfl-experiences-to-xbox-one/

So it basically has real-time updates with leagues in NFL.com since it can pull all the league and team information directly, but for other FF websites, you'll need to do everything manually, most likely have to set up scoring settings and all of your friend's team roster before the game starts. Meh. Just as I thought.

I also don't see what the selling point is actually. If the app is already done, you're telling me that all they're doing is displaying the app alongside the television as a snap-bar? That sounds pretty obtrusive when you're watching the game. But whatever. Lol M$
---
#7Orange_ApplesPosted 9/12/2013 4:08:00 PM
hypersonic2000 posted...
Well, nevermind, I found an answer on google.

While the fantasy football experience is focused on NFL.com for now, Microsoft hopes to enable the same type of functionality for other fantasy football leagues like those on Yahoo or ESPN in the future.

source: http://www.gizmoenvy.com/2013/09/03/microsoft-brings-new-espn-and-nfl-experiences-to-xbox-one/

So it basically has real-time updates with leagues in NFL.com since it can pull all the league and team information directly, but for other FF websites, you'll need to do everything manually, most likely have to set up scoring settings and all of your friend's team roster before the game starts. Meh. Just as I thought.

I also don't see what the selling point is actually. If the app is already done, you're telling me that all they're doing is displaying the app alongside the television as a snap-bar? That sounds pretty obtrusive when you're watching the game. But whatever. Lol M$

Yeah, I'd be pretty annoyed if I was at someone's house and had to look at their fantasy team roster. However, another feature that is would be pretty neat through the app is having other games' scores updated live on the side. Since a lot of games do happen at the same time you can track them all without needing to switch channels or rely on hoping you happen to look at the ticker bar at the bottom at the right time.
---
PC + Nintendo
#8BudWisenheimerPosted 9/12/2013 4:10:59 PM
hypersonic2000 posted...
If the app is already done, you're telling me that all they're doing is displaying the app alongside the television as a snap-bar? That sounds pretty obtrusive when you're watching the game.

This doesn't make sense. Do you want the info during the game or not? You can either look at your phone. Or give the voice command to Kinect. You can also put your phone back down to watch the game. And you can also tell Kinect to snap back to full screen. Easy peezy lemon squeezey.
#9hypersonic2000(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 4:29:05 PM
Okay, I was under the impression that the app had to be on all the time. I didn't know the snapbar could snap in and out that easily on the TV. On Windows 8, if you close any snapbar, you'd have to re-open the entire app again (I think).

I guess it also depends on how well the Kinect can recognize commands if the place is loud.
---
#10SparkItUpPosted 9/12/2013 5:12:16 PM
hypersonic2000 posted...
So they're touting this fantasy football stuff, but is it just Fantasy Football from NFL.com?

Most of the people I know play on Yahoo, and sometimes ESPN. No one ever plays on the actual official website for some reason (lol). So is that the only website compatible? If so, then that is pretty lame.

what is even a bit more confounding is that they are advertising something that will be half over once it's available
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...