An XBox Live Question

#1MerenwenHelyanePosted 9/12/2013 4:31:53 PM
Hi All

I will try to get my point across as best as I can.
Hopefully there is an answer out there ;)

We are a family of 5. Each of us has our own xbox 360 and our own live account.
Now 4 of us were on the family account, which has gone away of course.

I have read that with the XBoxOne, one family can all share a gold account on the X1.
This is great as we are only getting the one, but how will this play out for our 5 live accounts that we already have? Some have really high scores and would hate to lose that; however, paying $300 a year for us all to have a gold live account is a bit much to say the lease.

Will all 5 of our gamer tags be tied to the one live account and then be able to also play on live on any of our 360's? Say, if my gamertag is logged in and playing one the x1, can my husband also be signed in and on a 360 playing one of his games?

Or are we looking at we must pay for all 5 accounts to have live? I am really upset that they did away with the family account, this was a really great feature for large families like mine to experience live at a cheaper rate.
---
Merenwen @ KendDumo 1263-6319-4329
I dupe free at www.esoevil.com see my giveaway contest http://www.esoevil.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6167
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 9/12/2013 4:35:53 PM(edited)
If you're all on the same console, you can have just one of those accounts with gold and all the other individual accounts (which will revert to silver accounts if you don't renew gold) will also be able to access gold benefits on that console. And as for the playing on 360 question, no silver accounts will not be able to access gold benefits on those AFAIK.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3MerenwenHelyane(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 4:44:45 PM
so while playing on the x1, all 5 will have access to gold as long as we have one of the 5 a gold account ; but, we will not be able to play on the 360 unless each account pays for the gold

so we must spend the $300 for each of us to have live access on our 360 consoles >_<

I will so miss the family account...time to stalk the black friday sales this year <_<
---
I dupe free at www.esoevil.com see my giveaway contest http://www.esoevil.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6167
#4BudWisenheimerPosted 9/12/2013 4:51:00 PM
MerenwenHelyane posted...
Say, if my gamertag is logged in and playing one the x1, can my husband also be signed in and on a 360 playing one of his games?

Specifically to this point I believe that if your husband is the one who signs up for Gold on your new Xbox One then he is the only one who could also be on the 360 simultaneously with Gold benefits. But I'm not sure if that exact point has been clarified for 360 users yet. It's possible the 360 could have a similar family policy after this launch.
#5TrickyPonyPosted 9/12/2013 4:51:47 PM
Definitely don't spend $300 for 5 gold subs. I don't know why anyone would spend that if their concern is keeping the price affordable. $40/year subs are so common, I saw one yesterday and I wasn't even looking for a deal, $35/year if you look for about 2 weeks. $30/year if you're willing to call MS and beg them for a cheaper price.
#6MerenwenHelyane(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 4:59:05 PM(edited)
if we had one 360 that would be awesome

but over the years we have collected enough to where we each have one, so we have 5 360's.
We collected broken ones and made working ones and have gotten them from friends for cheap
as they stopped gaming or moved on to PC. So we never have to worry about sharing and waiting for one to be done so another can play xD

I don't see us getting multiple x1s unless they have a HUGE price drop
so sharing the gold on that is fine, as long as we can still play the 360.
Know it was too much to hope that maybe all 5 of us can be tied to the one gold account
so we all can play live was too much and far fetched <_< Thanks for doing away with our family account M$ >_<

TrickyPony posted...
Definitely don't spend $300 for 5 gold subs. I don't know why anyone would spend that if their concern is keeping the price affordable. $40/year subs are so common, I saw one yesterday and I wasn't even looking for a deal, $35/year if you look for about 2 weeks. $30/year if you're willing to call MS and beg them for a cheaper price.

we are good til January, so yes, we will be looking for sales. Black Friday sales are usually the best ;)

---