XboxOne Games Library: Digital or Disc?

#21DIVINExFABLEPosted 9/12/2013 7:25:47 PM
fuzzykuffs posted...
DIVINExFABLE posted...
Will games like BF4 be available for digital download in day one? I already have it pre ordered, but I could cancel it. But then id have $90 of GameStop money just sitting there. Hmm, I don't know what to do -_____-

I am in the same boat as you. Battlefield would be a better digital game for me because I could see someone online and instantly join.

I look forward to hearing the final news for digital downloads before launch so I can see whether to keep my physical preorder or cash it in and go digital.

I was figuring if i drop i could always just buy BF4 digital and then buy Premium with the gamestop money I have. Along with the play and charge kit I plan on buying.
---
XBL GT: Karmosity
Believe it or not, He's the good guy.
#22_Sovereign_Posted 9/12/2013 7:47:05 PM
georgewduff1 posted...
jb08045 posted...
georgewduff1 posted...
For my part i will go only digital for XboxOne...But i will purchase special edtion game like Titanfall and Halo 5 on Disc...:)

Enjoy not owning your games.
---

Explain me that...??

I can play it on any XboxOne...and with my XBL gold...my friend XboxOne benefit all the XBL gold access and multiplayer when im log in on his XboxOne...And my brother can still play in my home because its my Home gold console...

I can erase the game from my HDD when im finished ...and reload it 2 years after...just to replay it with all the latest DLC...

I pay no taxes on XBL...and i can download it when im at work...no need to pre-order a game or take my car to buy it...

So all people on Steam are not owning their games....??

And switching disk...no way...better have it on a HDD...

They can block your access to said game at any time they want for any reason...I can't count how much DLC I bought that got taken from me due to "licensing issues"

You can put the disc back in 2 years later as well - and say they do try to block access from the disc, take your box offline and erase the updates. This is part of the reason for the huge backlash when they required online connections, that was fully going to happen to digital buyers.

Digital prices will never go down if you keep paying retail prices for them. Retail copies grant the publisher around $27, the rest is in packaging, distribution, shelf space, etc...meaning a digital game brand new should cost you no more than $30-35, yet like sheep you all embrace it. Even Steam members laugh at console players buying digitally.

Switching discs.....nobody can be that lazy, and even if you are, why not multitask? Get up, swap disc, go to bathroom, refresh drink afterwards, sit down, game is loaded. If switching a disc is too hard then the sad truth is somebody needs to get up anyway and find something else to do.

And yes, by technical definitions you never own a piece of software, as so blatantly put by an earlier poster, but a physical copy is yours to do with as you please...if that wasn't the case, there never would have been rental shops, used game shops, etc. Choosing digital negates that entirely, and if they suspect you are letting your buddies rent games ( you know some of you are going to pass a single profile around) they will shut it all down for you.
---
"Microsoft demands simultaneous multiplatform releases" - Type that into your search bar and you'll see why you should buy Rayman on Wii U, not ports.
#23RayconPosted 9/12/2013 7:54:50 PM
FinzFan4life posted...
Since I don't need to be connected for digital I'm going digital, and you should just start now cause if not during this gen the next gen it will be all digital and no more physical copies

PC has DRM and no one cries so just except it.

That's why I don't play PC either. Or if I do I find a copy without the DRM.

>__________________>
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#24georgewduff1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2013 8:08:19 PM
_Sovereign_ posted...
georgewduff1 posted...
jb08045 posted...
georgewduff1 posted...
For my part i will go only digital for XboxOne...But i will purchase special edtion game like Titanfall and Halo 5 on Disc...:)

Enjoy not owning your games.
---

Explain me that...??

I can play it on any XboxOne...and with my XBL gold...my friend XboxOne benefit all the XBL gold access and multiplayer when im log in on his XboxOne...And my brother can still play in my home because its my Home gold console...

I can erase the game from my HDD when im finished ...and reload it 2 years after...just to replay it with all the latest DLC...

I pay no taxes on XBL...and i can download it when im at work...no need to pre-order a game or take my car to buy it...

So all people on Steam are not owning their games....??

And switching disk...no way...better have it on a HDD...

They can block your access to said game at any time they want for any reason...I can't count how much DLC I bought that got taken from me due to "licensing issues"
NEVER HAPPENS TO ME ON MY 360 AND STEAM...

You can put the disc back in 2 years later as well - and say they do try to block access from the disc, take your box offline and erase the updates. This is part of the reason for the huge backlash when they required online connections, that was fully going to happen to digital buyers.
SO 20 YEARS BY NOW YOU WANT TO HAVE YOUR DISC...FINE TO YOU...IM NOT BUYING A 500$ CONSOLE WITHOUT HAVING INTERNET...DO YOU STILL USE YOUR VHS BECAUSE YOU CAN RECORD TV ON IT???

Digital prices will never go down if you keep paying retail prices for them. Retail copies grant the publisher around $27, the rest is in packaging, distribution, shelf space, etc...meaning a digital game brand new should cost you no more than $30-35, yet like sheep you all embrace it. Even Steam members laugh at console players buying digitally.
WHY STEAM USER LAUGH...PC LAUNCH GAME ARE THE SAME PRICE HAS ON CONSOLE...
AND YEAH...GIVING MY MONEY TO GAMESTOP FOR THEIR GREAT DEAL IS REALLY MAKING ME HAPPY...;)ALL COMPANY ARE THEIR FOR MONEY...60$ FOR A GAME...IS 60$...EVEN IF YOU PAY MICROSOFT OR GAMESTOP...

Switching discs.....nobody can be that lazy, and even if you are, why not multitask? Get up, swap disc, go to bathroom, refresh drink afterwards, sit down, game is loaded. If switching a disc is too hard then the sad truth is somebody needs to get up anyway and find something else to do.
HUMAN NATURE...DAMAGING YOUR DISC...CHILD DISC HANDLING...THE POSIBILITY IS THERE...WHY NOT USE IT...I WILL GO TO THE BATHROOM FOR SURE...MAYBE..

And yes, by technical definitions you never own a piece of software, as so blatantly put by an earlier poster, but a physical copy is yours to do with as you please...if that wasn't the case, there never would have been rental shops, used game shops, etc. Choosing digital negates that entirely, and if they suspect you are letting your buddies rent games ( you know some of you are going to pass a single profile around) they will shut it all down for you.
DO NOT MAKE COPY OF THIS DISC...AND MY FRIEND USE MY STEAM ACCOUNT FOR YEARS ...NEVER HAD PROBLEM...

---
XboxOne and my gaming addiction are perfect match :)
#25GwizAlchPosted 9/12/2013 9:16:13 PM
georgewduff1 posted...

HUMAN NATURE...DAMAGING YOUR DISC...CHILD DISC HANDLING...THE POSIBILITY IS THERE...WHY NOT USE IT...I WILL GO TO THE BATHROOM FOR SURE...MAYBE..

I can prepare for such an event(and even avoid the annoyance that occurs when some digital games require an online connection and become unplayable once the console loses support) by making a physical backup of the game.

When is the last time you backed up your downloaded copy of NGB and played it offline?
---
(LOL) ElPolloDiablo87 - If developers could just take their previous expertise and apply it to any new console, we would see the consoles maxed out at launch.
#26micheal82Posted 9/12/2013 9:31:01 PM
I'm doing a mixture of both. Games that I know I will play for a long time will most likely by digital. Everything else I'm buying a physical copy if I can.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34
#27jb08045Posted 9/13/2013 5:47:03 PM
If you don't have the disc, the game aint yours
---
---
Watch me set my 360 on fire - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iPJKQPSwE
#28desert_santaPosted 9/13/2013 5:58:32 PM
Other.

95% physical and 5% digital.

Well, I am assuming there will be something worth buying only on Xbox live or psn that is not available on disc.