Microsoft has a major messaging problem

#1Phange 2Posted 9/12/2013 8:57:09 PM
From Zune, to Vista, to Win 8, to Win Phone, to Surface. All great products botched by Microsoft doing such a poor job of promoting them. X1 has a lot of amazing ideas behind it, but the rapid abandonment of the digital distribution system for discs is a perfect example of how Microsoft lacks very basic communication skills.
---
Bacon.
Playstation Network: Phange
#2Ramsus082Posted 9/12/2013 9:00:35 PM
Just saying that they have a messaging problem implies that the issue is how they communicate their policies and products to consumers, rather than whether consumers like their policies and products.

Microsoft's short-lived DRM policies, for example, weren't just a failure because they weren't communicated right; They were a failure because that's apparently not what consumers wanted. It's both of these, not just the PR behind it.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#3Reflex-ArcPosted 9/12/2013 9:04:45 PM
Phange 2 posted...
From Zune, to Vista, to Win 8, to Win Phone, to Surface. All great products botched by Microsoft doing such a poor job of promoting them. X1 has a lot of amazing ideas behind it, but the rapid abandonment of the digital distribution system for discs is a perfect example of how Microsoft lacks very basic communication skills.

http://media.tumblr.com/700b2ec61075f0de3f69659a4393dd94/tumblr_inline_mnryz5cxHu1qz4rgp.jpg
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#4micheal82Posted 9/12/2013 9:18:51 PM
Microsoft needs to dump their entire PR department and rebuild it from scratch. They need to bring in people who know how to talk to consumers as well as listen to them. Their messaging at the X1 reveal was bad and it allowed for a lot of the hate that it generated. They should have openly talked about the benefits like the family sharing, being able to play your games without having the disc in the system, focusing in on the instant switching. Instead of the deal with it and the we have the 360 comments, while forcing people to have to connect the dots to figure out what MS was trying to do. They should have had it so that if you are offline you just needed to have the disc in the system.
MS screwed up and I hope they are learning from their mistakes.
---
I can shoot a whole load into a guys face and they just brush it off. - Psquared34
#5_Sovereign_Posted 9/12/2013 9:23:42 PM
Honestly, that just shows me what I already knew all along....buy a MS product, and expect to have an expensive paperweight within the year. They don't support anything for too long.
---
"Microsoft demands simultaneous multiplatform releases" - Type that into your search bar and you'll see why you should buy Rayman on Wii U, not ports.
#6Thewinner14Posted 9/12/2013 10:02:45 PM
Vista just could never overcome the negtivity from the new kernel breaking things from xp. Win7 wasn't so much a new os as it was a way to get away from the vista name.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#7ACx7Posted 9/12/2013 10:07:08 PM
Phange 2 posted...

You can thank Apple and Samsung for this . They completely dominate the smartphone and tablet market right now. And when Zune came out it was DOA. There was no hope of anything overthrowing the iPod.