Someone help me understand Microsoft's logic

#11Orange_ApplesPosted 9/12/2013 11:44:56 PM
ManInGorillaSut posted...
HiddenRoar posted...
>No plans on selling a Kinect-less model because if every Xbox One owner has one, developers can innovate games
>Kinect is optional

So why would developers spend more money to develop something for an accessory that most gamers are keeping in the box/tossing in the closet?

Then you have them backpedaling on always online which leaves the Cloud in the same position as the Kinect.

The rumor is they spent so much R&D on Kinect 2.0 that it costs as much to make as the console itself. So basically they're trying to recoup that.

I believe that was originally stated by an Xbox One engineer.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#12DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/12/2013 11:48:13 PM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
pblimp360 posted...
^ Man...You are gonna fuel those conspiracy theorists topics again.

Its no different than you painting the "MS has to include kinect to be innovative" argument. If this is a great product that innovates gaming people should want to buy it...not be forced to buy it. MS is basically telling us that they know better than us.

Bad logic is bad logic. Innovation doesn't wait for consumers. I wonder how old these kids are... No one thought an iPad would be useful. I guess Apple shouldn't have released it...
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#13ManInGorillaSutPosted 9/12/2013 11:52:34 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
ManInGorillaSut posted...
HiddenRoar posted...
>No plans on selling a Kinect-less model because if every Xbox One owner has one, developers can innovate games
>Kinect is optional

So why would developers spend more money to develop something for an accessory that most gamers are keeping in the box/tossing in the closet?

Then you have them backpedaling on always online which leaves the Cloud in the same position as the Kinect.

The rumor is they spent so much R&D on Kinect 2.0 that it costs as much to make as the console itself. So basically they're trying to recoup that.

I believe that was originally stated by an Xbox One engineer.

I believe you're right. Guess that makes it true.
---
Give me Banana!
PSN ID; EL_BOMBASTICO
#14A_Someone_ElsePosted 9/13/2013 12:00:56 AM(edited)
pblimp360 posted...
^ Man...You are gonna fuel those conspiracy theorists topics again.

Theory? It's pretty much confirmed at this point.

X1 is basically designed mainly as an advertising machine.
Kinect is designed to bombard you with what Microsoft calls "NUads". They even blatantly pitch this to advertisers.

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/xbox-one-designed-with-advertising-in-mind.html/?a=viewall

http://www.neowin.net/news/microsofts-xbox-nuads-engage-a-lot-of-people

http://zeenews.india.com/news/science/xbox-one-to-have-eye-tracking-tech-to-check-if-users-watch-ads_853932.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/30/xbox-one-watching-ads-microsoft

http://www.penny-arcade.com/report/article/ads-up-games-down-the-ugly-profitable-truth-about-xbox-live-advertising
#15Edward_SnowdenPosted 9/13/2013 12:00:13 AM
How else is Microsoft supposed to make butt loads of advertising money if they can't make sure your eyes are glued to the T.V. with Kinect a la A Clockwork Orange?
#16GotTruthPosted 9/13/2013 12:51:04 AM
DesperateMonkey posted.....
"Bad logic is bad logic. Innovation doesn't wait for consumers. I wonder how old these kids are... No one thought an iPad would be useful. I guess Apple shouldn't have released it..."

Wait one second......

You SERIOUSLY just put the Kinect on the same level with the iPAD? You sir have ZERO sense of proportion.

The Kinect is more like a public BETA your forced to pay for anyway.

I have said before that when they get the Kinect up to the point I can control a RTS game in a manor VERY similar to they way Tom Cruse was working the Info Screen in Minority Report....I am NOT interested. I have NOT seen anything CLOSE to this, so I will not buy.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#17ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/13/2013 12:54:41 AM
adonfraz posted...
Microsoft invested 100 million in the X1 controller. Can you imagine how much R&D costs they spent on the Kinect 2.0?

They're basically forcing people to buy it to make up for the cost of designing it.

He's right^
#18Spetsnaz420Posted 9/13/2013 12:57:23 AM
@Desperatemonkey

If you're gonna claim bad logic on me you shouldn't use worse logic to back it up. The iPad wasn't bundled with iPhone with the cost past on to the consumer. Apple marketed the iPad and people rushed out to buy it. MS isn't giving you a choice to buy an optional peripheral.

Shouldn't MS be showing us how great this tech is to convince us to buy it instead of just include it at an increased price? If this was something the majority of gamers want it should sell itself.
---
I don't conform to social convention
#19DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/13/2013 1:02:15 AM(edited)
GotTruth posted...
DesperateMonkey posted.....
"Bad logic is bad logic. Innovation doesn't wait for consumers. I wonder how old these kids are... No one thought an iPad would be useful. I guess Apple shouldn't have released it..."

Wait one second......

You SERIOUSLY just put the Kinect on the same level with the iPAD? You sir have ZERO sense of proportion.

The Kinect is more like a public BETA your forced to pay for anyway.

I have said before that when they get the Kinect up to the point I can control a RTS game in a manor VERY similar to they way Tom Cruse was working the Info Screen in Minority Report....I am NOT interested. I have NOT seen anything CLOSE to this, so I will not buy.

I'm sorry, but what you said about Kinect is pretty much what people said about the iPad, in that there is no use for it. Its just a bigger phone that couldn't make phone calls.

Now everyone wants tablets.

How do you know Kinect is a public beta? How did you know iPad was not a public Beta? They seem to be releasing an improved model every year...

Basically, you are saying you know exactly how useful Kinect will be to people before its out.

@Spetz

Your argument about an iPad with a phone is fallacious. Xbox is a system built around Kinect. Its the same as an iPad in that its a product and you choose to buy it or not.

People can say iPad is an oversized phone. That doesn't mean they shouldn't make one for the people who might be interested.

I am not using bad logic. You are just not using logic. There is no reason why Kinectbox would be compared to an iPhone + iPad. Its more like iPhone + Siri.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#20BruceLee1974Posted 9/13/2013 1:08:37 AM
I also read about Microsoft really pushing ADS with Kinect and Xbone console. I really disliked all the ads on the 360, I think if you pay for Xbox live or PS+ there should be NO ADS AT ALL.

I think ADS should only be seen with Silver or Free memberships with Xbox live.

So far from owning a PS3 I've noticed there is ALOT less ads on PS3 then on Xbox.