Someone help me understand Microsoft's logic

#21GotTruthPosted 9/13/2013 1:10:17 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
GotTruth posted...
DesperateMonkey posted.....
"Bad logic is bad logic. Innovation doesn't wait for consumers. I wonder how old these kids are... No one thought an iPad would be useful. I guess Apple shouldn't have released it..."

Wait one second......

You SERIOUSLY just put the Kinect on the same level with the iPAD? You sir have ZERO sense of proportion.

The Kinect is more like a public BETA your forced to pay for anyway.

I have said before that when they get the Kinect up to the point I can control a RTS game in a manor VERY similar to they way Tom Cruse was working the Info Screen in Minority Report....I am NOT interested. I have NOT seen anything CLOSE to this, so I will not buy.

I'm sorry, but what you said about Kinect is pretty much what people said about the iPad, in that there is no use for it. Its just a bigger phone that couldn't make phone calls.

Now everyone wants tablets.

How do you know Kinect is a public beta? How did you know iPad was not a public Beta? They seem to be releasing an improved model every year...

Basically, you are saying you know exactly how useful Kinect will be to people before its out.

@Spetz

Your argument about an iPad with a phone is fallacious. Xbox is a system built around Kinect. Its the same as an iPad in that its a product and you choose to buy it or not.

People can say iPad is an oversized phone. That doesn't mean they shouldn't make one for the people who might be interested.

I am not using bad logic. You are just not using logic. There is no reason why Kinectbox would be compared to an iPhone + iPad. Its more like iPhone + Siri.

You once again, joking right? The iPAD had/has immediate applications as digital notes and record keeping for Hospital intake and/or warehouse management. It could potentially be "apped" to replace similar proprietary "PAD" tech used in these places currently with a more intuitive and user friendly manner. I'm just saying only dolts could NOT see the applications of the Ipad. I'm calling out this "Kinect 2.0" and Kinect BETA 2.0. and interesting piece of tech but its NOWHERE near ready for the things I want to use it for, SO i'm not getting it and wont until it does want I want it to. $ony, M$ I don't give a s****. I'm not getting a new console for like 2-3 years anyway, IF I do.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#22DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/13/2013 1:20:39 AM
GotTruth posted...

You once again, joking right? The iPAD had/has immediate applications as digital notes and record keeping for Hospital intake and/or warehouse management.

You once again, joking right? The Kinect has immediate applications as voice controls, a way to multitask, supports secondary functions without UI, allows gesturing for browsing and can allow for much better inventory management/map manipulation/immediate commands such as "fast travel to".

It could potentially be "apped" to replace similar proprietary "PAD" tech used in these places currently with a more intuitive and user friendly manner.

It could potentially be "apped" to replace similar PC controls used in functions currently with a more intuitive and user friendly manner than standard controllers such as the simple act of scrolling, pinching and swiping.

I'm just saying only dolts could NOT see the applications of the Ipad.

I'm just saying only dolts could NOT see the applications of the Kinect.

I'm calling out this "Kinect 2.0" and Kinect BETA 2.0. and interesting piece of tech but its NOWHERE near ready for the things I want to use it for, SO i'm not getting it and wont until it does want I want it to. $ony, M$ I don't give a s****. I'm not getting a new console for like 2-3 years anyway, IF I do.

I'm calling out this "iPhone large" an interesting piece of tech but its NOWHERE near ready for the things I want to use it for, SO i'm not getting it and wont until it does want I want it to. $ony, M$ I don't give a s****. I'm not getting a new console for like 2-3 years anyway, IF I do.

See how silly it is to think just because you use questions, insults and expletives to make an argument? I love how you say Kinect 2.0 isn't ready when you've never tried it. People didn't think the iPad would sell either since it does nothing unique.

You are as dumb as the people who bashed on the iPad since you can't even see obvious advantages to a console with built in voice controls and motion controls that make up for a lot of the terrible limitations of console controllers.

---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#23Reginleif20Posted 9/13/2013 1:59:20 AM
HiddenRoar posted...
>No plans on selling a Kinect-less model because if every Xbox One owner has one, developers can innovate games
>Kinect is optional

So why would developers spend more money to develop something for an accessory that most gamers are keeping in the box/tossing in the closet?

Then you have them backpedaling on always online which leaves the Cloud in the same position as the Kinect.

To try to appeal to the bigger casual crowd which will bring the $ in M$
---
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
#24pblimp360Posted 9/13/2013 2:08:02 AM
GotTruth posted...
You once again, joking right? The iPAD had/has immediate applications as digital notes and record keeping for Hospital intake and/or warehouse management.

The Kinect was used in genuine medical procedures.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-57445827-76/surgeons-use-kinect-tech-during-aneurysm-procedures/

http://www.computer.org/portal/web/computingnow/software%20engineering/content?g=53319&type=article&urlTitle=kinect-launches-a-surgical-revolution

So, I would say he was dead on actually.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#25Spetsnaz420Posted 9/13/2013 2:40:29 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
GotTruth posted...
DesperateMonkey posted.....
"Bad logic is bad logic. Innovation doesn't wait for consumers. I wonder how old these kids are... No one thought an iPad would be useful. I guess Apple shouldn't have released it..."

Wait one second......

You SERIOUSLY just put the Kinect on the same level with the iPAD? You sir have ZERO sense of proportion.

The Kinect is more like a public BETA your forced to pay for anyway.

I have said before that when they get the Kinect up to the point I can control a RTS game in a manor VERY similar to they way Tom Cruse was working the Info Screen in Minority Report....I am NOT interested. I have NOT seen anything CLOSE to this, so I will not buy.

I'm sorry, but what you said about Kinect is pretty much what people said about the iPad, in that there is no use for it. Its just a bigger phone that couldn't make phone calls.

Now everyone wants tablets.

How do you know Kinect is a public beta? How did you know iPad was not a public Beta? They seem to be releasing an improved model every year...

Basically, you are saying you know exactly how useful Kinect will be to people before its out.

@Spetz

Your argument about an iPad with a phone is fallacious. Xbox is a system built around Kinect. Its the same as an iPad in that its a product and you choose to buy it or not.

People can say iPad is an oversized phone. That doesn't mean they shouldn't make one for the people who might be interested.

I am not using bad logic. You are just not using logic. There is no reason why Kinectbox would be compared to an iPhone + iPad. Its more like iPhone + Siri.

No you were using bad logic. Ok lets use your example of kinect being akin to iphone + siri. Siri is free software that you can use if you choose to. Kinect is a $100 peripheral you have no choice but to buy but can use if you want to. Ios works with siri but ios wasn't built around it. X1 works with kinect but was also designed around it.

You are still completely ignoring the fact that if kinect was the value MS wants us to believe, they wouldn't need to force everyone to have one. Since most people seem to not want a Kinect, it seems I'm not wrong about this.
---
I don't conform to social convention
#26pblimp360Posted 9/13/2013 2:57:02 AM
I keep seeing the falsely used, "forced" as if you have to buy the X1. You don't. MS is including it because they feel it's a great device, and it is, and obviously they have their reasons, but stop acting as if you have to buy the system and all it entails.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#27NeoMonkPosted 9/13/2013 3:00:18 AM
It's been said a billion times...
MS invested a heaping ton of money on the Kinect...
In turn you have to pay for it... whether you like it or not.
Will they release a SKU w/out it? SURE once they've made some of their money back.
Meanwhile this notion that forcing everyone to have one will make devs use it...
Well is as accurate as WII U gamepad controls or MOVE or Kinect 1.0

You only see a handful of games taking advantage of it while most ignore it to be the best game they can be.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#28badboyPosted 9/13/2013 3:10:25 AM(edited)
Because nobody would buy Kinect separately, so they had to make sure everyone pays for it.
#29Spetsnaz420Posted 9/13/2013 3:22:10 AM
pblimp360 posted...
I keep seeing the falsely used, "forced" as if you have to buy the X1. You don't. MS is including it because they feel it's a great device, and it is, and obviously they have their reasons, but stop acting as if you have to buy the system and all it entails.

Its not being falsely used...if you want to buy an X1 you are forced to buy a kinect as well...that's my point. If everyone who doesn't want kinect doesn't by an X1 MS is in serious trouble.

Again if it was worth it they wouldn't have to struggle to show us or make everyone buy one.
---
I don't conform to social convention
#30GotTruthPosted 9/13/2013 3:38:08 AM
Question: Does the Kinect 2.0(PUBLIC BETA) work like the Visual Screen Control in Minority report and other sci-fi?

Answer: No. It is YEARS away from being that adaptive, intuitive, and responsive. Its a glorified Advertising Phishing devise......Check back in five years and it MIGHT be ready for use in GAMES......
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n