Someone help me understand Microsoft's logic

#31GotTruthPosted 9/13/2013 4:14:16 AM
"How do you know Kinect is a public beta? How did you know iPad was not a public Beta?"

Because the iPAD worked the way they said it would day one. Ya you release new versions, when you make a un-upgradable product. I personally do not like or support Apple for this very reason. Rather than develop a organic, up-gradable tablet they have a closed platform requiring frequent re-purchasing of what is essentially the SAME product with a 2 or 3 new bells on it. This is what I feel the Kinect is doing. I don't want that thing until it is flawless; Or at least adaptive, intuitive, and responsive enough to actually play a FAST Paced online experience like Warcraft3, X-Com, Command & Conquer, StarCraft 2 with NO, NONE, ZERO input lag. Until then I see it as a incomplete product and a 'no buy". I have this view of motion controls in general. If it doesn't work well enough for me to command a RTS army in competitive online play, it is of NO use to me.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#32pblimp360Posted 9/13/2013 4:14:48 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Its not being falsely used...if you want to buy an X1 you are forced to buy a kinect as well...that's my point. If everyone who doesn't want kinect doesn't by an X1 MS is in serious trouble.

Again if it was worth it they wouldn't have to struggle to show us or make everyone buy one.

And if you are so against the Kinect seeing as it's bundled with the X1, what's your other recourse? Not to buy it, right? Meaning it's not forced, it's simply something you don't want. You are falsely claiming that they are forcing it on you, when ultimately you don't have to buy it, there by not have to deal with it.

I've already said above that MS needs to better give gamers incentive for it, I agree there..
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#33ardfardPosted 9/14/2013 5:10:02 AM
I just don't understand the hate about Kinect. It's the only thing that makes me consider buying an Xbone. Without the Kinect, Xbone is basically just a PS4 with inferior hardware.
#34HiddenRoar(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 10:11:01 AM
ardfard posted...
I just don't understand the hate about Kinect. It's the only thing that makes me consider buying an Xbone. Without the Kinect, Xbone is basically just a PS4 with inferior hardware.

Because Microsoft made the Kinect required for the console to function, touted it as being used to usher in advertisements tailored to you, and the whole opting in to the NSA situation. Add to the fact that it's probably adding in a significant cost to the price making it 100$ more than it's competitor, what do you expect?

Instead of relying on the Kinect, MS could have focused on exclusives and all that to sell the console.

If they wanted to sell the Kinect, they should have:
Made it optional/separate buy
Convinced (aka pay) developers to add in Kinect functionality that extends past "Oh, sound alerts zombies!" to something worthwhile
Advertise it to make customers want it instead of having to force it on them
=Profit

Instead, it just seems they're focusing more on recouping the money they spent on making it.