PS4 production yields are high, but Xbox One might be in trouble for release day

#1Astute-CIassPosted 9/13/2013 2:04:56 AM
Damn! News title is a perfect 80/80!

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/166458-ps4-production-yields-are-high-but-xbox-one-might-be-in-trouble-for-release-day

The PS4 is launching in North America in just over two months, and the Xbox One isnít far behind it. Pre-orders are getting harder and harder to find, but news is bubbling up suggesting that the PS4 will not face the same kind of production issues that plagued the launch of the Wii back in 2006. On the other hand, the Xbox One might not be faring quite as well during the run-up to its launch day.

---
The AstuteClass name returns...
PSN/GT - AstuteClass
#2NeoMonkPosted 9/13/2013 2:07:36 AM
Kinect does it again!
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#3scratch_porkinsPosted 9/13/2013 2:40:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Ryan-06Posted 9/13/2013 2:46:12 AM
Good for them.
---
Can you feel it? http://youtu.be/nvtJ_XC2bz8
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada. US sucks.
#5NewmoonPosted 9/13/2013 8:51:34 AM(edited)
This is probably why people should read the source to detect bias.

The article is clearly biased towards Sony. It says that Sony will produce over a million but also states that Microsoft is under their target of 7 million. By producing an estimated 6.2 million units which may double or triple Sony (no final numbers were given on the article). But no it's Microsoft that has the problem
---
WWE Fantasy Name: Blings 4 Life Season 4 and 6 Gamefaqs League Champion
Former PWB Trivia '07 Champ! -Crowned by DarkRuneblade
#6Skynet82997Posted 9/13/2013 8:53:42 AM
Newmoon posted...
This is probably why people should read the source to detect bias.

The article is clearly biased towards Sony. It says that Sony will produce over a million but also states that Microsoft is under their target of 7 million. By producing an estimated 6.2 million units which may double or triple Sony (no final numbers were given on the article). But no it's Microsoft that has the problem

Yep - yet another Sony fanboy posting the same things over and over and over and over and over and over again.....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#7TrickyPonyPosted 9/13/2013 8:54:51 AM
Not convinced either will have a problem. My Gamestop said they have more stock scheduled to arrive for launch day than they have preorders for both systems.
#8regsantotomasPosted 9/13/2013 8:55:27 AM
Maybe I missed it. It references an Xbox One yield of 6.2 million.

What is the PS4 production yield?

I guess it doesn't matter. Both will sell out during the holidays.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#9Donuts_R_GoodPosted 9/13/2013 8:58:23 AM
And what is he basing this guess on?
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#10Bryant187Posted 9/13/2013 8:59:30 AM
Wat, Wait and Wait.

Wasnt it said that sony had over a million preorders andms around 700,000 preorders? Now this was about a month ago so I assume its changed a little. Now look at this Sony has a little over a million made while ms maybe only get 6.2 made. Um I dont see how ms is in trouble with filling preorders.
---
Don't choose a console because of price, hardware or popularity. Choose a console because it has the games you want. For me that choice is X1.