EDGE: PS4 is 50% faster than XBone. Multiple developers confirmed the difference

#11triple sPosted 9/13/2013 3:47:30 AM
To be honest, both systems need to come out. I really don't think either are going to be these huge powerhouse systems as some may think. When the PS4 already has to cut BF4 to 720p to maintain 60fps, it's not exactly the dream machine everyone thinks it's going to be. I do however think it's going to be a nice boost over the previous gen and is my main reason for getting both consoles within the first few months. My multiplatform purchases will 90% be PC anyways because I like 60fps and 1080p in which I feel both consoles will sacrifice one or the other in a lot of cases. .
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#12BrokenIcarusPosted 9/13/2013 3:47:31 AM
Watch out Dude!

My 50% more powerful topic got deleted for

"trolling"

Seriously.
#13HypnoCooshPosted 9/13/2013 3:47:52 AM
"One source even suggested that enforcing parity across consoles could become a political issue between platform holders, developers and publishers. They said that it could damage perceptions of a cross platform title, not to mention Xbox One, if the PS4 version shipped with an obviously superior resolution and framerate; better to “castrate” the PS4 version and release near-identical games to avoid ruffling any feathers."

So because the bone wants to be a media center we as gamers have to suffer with a down-scaled version of what the final product really could have been on multi-plats? Thanks MS. Thanks xbone. But at least we have snap, and football, and tv..... yah.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#14BrokenIcarusPosted 9/13/2013 3:49:53 AM
I don't think they're gonna downscale games by a large margin for PS4. They never do for PC so why would they start for PS4?
#15HypnoCooshPosted 9/13/2013 3:51:17 AM
BrokenIcarus posted...
I don't think they're gonna downscale games by a large margin for PS4. They never do for PC so why would they start for PS4?

What are you talking about? PC is totally adjustable based on your rig. Consoles don't have that ability.
---
You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~F.Nietzsche~
#16triple sPosted 9/13/2013 3:53:42 AM
HypnoCoosh posted...
"One source even suggested that enforcing parity across consoles could become a political issue between platform holders, developers and publishers. They said that it could damage perceptions of a cross platform title, not to mention Xbox One, if the PS4 version shipped with an obviously superior resolution and framerate; better to “castrate” the PS4 version and release near-identical games to avoid ruffling any feathers."

So because the bone wants to be a media center we as gamers have to suffer with a down-scaled version of what the final product really could have been on multi-plats? Thanks MS. Thanks xbone. But at least we have snap, and football, and tv..... yah.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 were both media centers as will the PS4 and Xbox One. Let's crucify Microsoft for adding more features to being a media center! Nevermind all the non-gaming functions the PS4 will be doing!
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#17Skynet82997Posted 9/13/2013 3:55:03 AM
Always the same user names making these topics, and always cherry picking quotes.

From the same article -

"Xbox One does, however, boast superior performance to PS4 in other ways. “Let’s say you are using procedural generation or raytracing via parametric surfaces – that is, using a lot of memory writes and not much texturing or ALU – Xbox One will be likely be faster,” said one developer."

Notice that the TC made SURE to leave this out. Lol......
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#18LOLKNlCKSPosted 9/13/2013 3:55:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#19pblimp360Posted 9/13/2013 3:56:38 AM
triple s posted...
The PS3 and Xbox 360 were both media centers as will the PS4 and Xbox One. Let's crucify Microsoft for adding more features to being a media center! Nevermind all the non-gaming functions the PS4 will be doing!

I agree. I don't think they get how stupid this argument/opinion is.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#20Skynet82997Posted 9/13/2013 3:57:05 AM
Also from the same article -

"The difference between cross platform launch window games will be small, and improved graphics drivers plus the power of the cloud might yet tip the balance in Xbox One’s favour."
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate