EDGE: PS4 is 50% faster than XBone. Multiple developers confirmed the difference

#331NorthlanePosted 9/13/2013 9:07:01 PM
Life is good
#332_Elite_Bushido_Posted 9/13/2013 9:11:27 PM
sworder posted...
_Elite_Bushido_ posted...
It won't. Not even close. High gaming spec pc's use ddr3

lol no

any high gaming spec PC has dedicated GDDR5 for the GPU

Wasn't talkin about GPU ram smart guy
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#333sworderPosted 9/13/2013 9:15:05 PM
You're talking about graphics but you're not talking about the GPU?

Makes sense
#334georgewduff1Posted 9/13/2013 9:47:24 PM(edited)
Edge magazine = Sony and Apple fanboy magazine

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/the-most-controversial-gaming-cover-ever/

Plus Sony is Professional liar...

PS3 can run games at 120 frames per second, stream six channels of HD, and decode one thousand media thumbnails simultaneously. ó Ken Kutaragi and Phil Harrison, in a translated interview with Nikkei BP and the PS3 E3 reveal respectively.

The most important thing to keep in mind while watching the PS4 reveal is that Sony has a track record of making incredible claims about the console that canít really be verified. Maybe the PS3 can decode a thousand media thumbnails simultaneously, but can an end user verify that?

During the PS3 reveal Sony used these types of untestable claims to drum up excitement for the next generation of consoles, and to give gamers the general feeling that the PS3 was going to usher in a new era of technology. Unfortunately, all that power is meaningless when no game in the world takes advantage of it.

The PS3 is an extremely powerful piece of hardware, but seven years later we still donít have games that utilize these sort of features.

Many fans believe that the universal trophy system available on the PlayStation 3 was not influenced, based on or copied from Microsoft's "achievement" system on the Xbox 360. This is in fact false. In 2006 Sony were posed with the question "Will you be implementing an achievement system similar to the Xbox 360 on the PS3?" just before the PS3s launch. This was Sony's response: "The short answer: no"

The last quote is actually a quote from SCE themselves: "I believe that the Sixaxis controller offers game designers and developers far more opportunity for future innovation than rumble ever did. Now, rumble I think was the last generation feature; it's not the next-generation feature."
http://www.1up.com/news/son...

The real reason the Sixaxis had no "rumble" and was later discontinued in favor of the DS3, was because Sony were being sued by the company Immersion over patent rights. Sony lost to the tune of about $90 million. Sony insisted [at the time] that the lawsuit had nothing to do with why the Sixaxis was lacking "rumble", something we now know was a lie as the DS3 was announced shortly after the lawsuit settlement

---
XboxOne and my gaming addiction are perfect match :)
#3352ndAtomiskPosted 9/13/2013 10:28:52 PM
Micooliscool posted...
You know, I was going to watch a movie, but this topic is a lot more entertaining. *munches popcorn*

---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#336NorthlanePosted 9/13/2013 10:44:04 PM
georgewduff1 posted...

LMAO! You literally typed all that garbage up when you could've just said you were an xbox fanboy and gotten the same message across

http://media.creativebloq.futurecdn.net/sites/creativebloq.com/files/images/2012/07/edged.jpg
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx59irOPJF1qhpfnjo1_500.jpg
#337ScaryLlamaPosted 9/13/2013 11:02:05 PM
pblimp360 posted...
^ The ignorant fanboys mentality right there.

"I hope M$ goes away so that gaming on my Sony product will once again reign supreme!"

Ignoring the fact that competition is a major part why the Sony products have been pushed into developing more and better features and games.

When will you people ever learn?

ignore the fact that M$ isn't Sony's only competition and they did quite well in the PSX/PS2 years with little to no real opponent. Also, just because MS and their poisonous policies exit the gaming stage, doesn't mean someone else won't step in, as has happened before.

When will people accept that MS isn't bringing anything good to the gaming industry?
---
PSN: ScaryLlama
Steam: ScaryLlama
#338DarkestSouls(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 11:38:48 PM
georgewduff1 posted...
Edge magazine = Sony and Apple fanboy magazine

hahahahaha.....when all else fails, use fanboy argument, the last line of defence
#339alexismynamexxPosted 9/14/2013 12:20:35 AM
Don't know why anyone would take such an article seriously..

'sources', '50% raw power'

What does it even mean? The xbox 360 has been said to be 30% more 'raw' powerful than the ps3 by many 'sources'
#340JirynPosted 9/14/2013 1:43:56 AM
Ramsus082 posted...
Many on this board are seriously going to pick apart anything that doesn't fall in comfortably with their viewpoints. It seems no developer, website, tech analyst, journalist, etc is immune to having their credibility questioned immediately when they're offering information that makes some uncomfortable.

Next-gen developer offers an opinion when prompted on the hardware?

"This guy is full of it, he doesn't even work on an XboxOne, so his tech knowledge and expertise is irrelevant! Totally not qualified to speculate!"

Developer posts that his friends currently developing for next-gen consoles all concur that one console is stronger than the other?

"That guy is a fraud, why doesn't he just expose his sources and sell his friends out so we know who's saying this stuff?"

Well-respected website reports on next-gen developer consensus that one console is stronger than the other, not revealing their sources who wish to remain anonymous and ruining their credibility by selling them out.

"EDGE? What are you, afraid!? Sell them out already!"

Independent developer claims that multiplatform titles will look better on one over the other.

"OMG what does a stupid indy-dev know? If he was good at his job he'd be working for a huge publisher by now!"

Massive dump of links showing consensus amongst the industry that one console will have better graphics and performance than the other.

"Who cares? You remember the PS3? Here, let me make you remember!"

Seriously. If nobody cares about reading anymore of this, nobody has to post about it. Or continue reading anymore of this. What's gained by attacking their credibility, every time? Are we trying to censor the information for others as well? It's not just enough that you don't want to read it, you don't want anyone else to either?

(to no one in particular)

Fully and completely agree.
In the end the games are what matter not the specs, but people will defend them till their death so they can feel better about themselves when their decisions come into question.
The people defending are already questioning their own decision to support the Xbox One.

See, I don't agree with Microsoft and I won't be buying the Xbox One, however it is the bad press generated by Microsoft themsleves (specifically Mattrick) along with the pricepoint which will be the downfall of this console.

Never forget, the PS2 dominated and it was 50% less powerfull then the original Xbox.
Microsoft just become to arrogant this gen, much like Sony did last gen, but piled it on with BS, pompt and an antagonistic personality that they may not recover this gen like Sony eventually did by the end of the PS3's life cycle.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."