Why would you not go with Xbox for the multiplayer?

#1Jello743Posted 9/13/2013 3:27:26 AM
Seeing as how CoD has dedicated servers on Xbox One due to the cloud, why would you not come? Just any game can have dedicated servers now on the xbox one. Don't argue it's not free, it is. They changed that. (ik hurr durr 180! lol)

If you say the the cloud is fake, then ps4's Gaikai is fake, too. Hold on though, since it's ps4 it must be true, right? I'm just saying that the Xbox One at the moment is better for multiplayer experiences.
#2WM_PMCPosted 9/13/2013 3:33:52 AM
Not true. On the PS3 there was only one or two exclusive games that didn't use dedicated servers for multiplayer. Meanwhile there were only like 3 exclusives on the 360 that DID use dedicated servers. Plus, Sony is partnering with Rackspace to be able to offer the same thing as MS.

Plus, a lot of people go where their friends are for multiplayer, and a lot of people are switching to the PS4.
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#3Spetsnaz420Posted 9/13/2013 3:35:45 AM
PS has had dedicated servers for their first party titles for a long time now...why would they change that? Also I haven't seen it stated anywhere that PS4 wasn't getting dedicated servers
---
I don't conform to social convention
#4triple sPosted 9/13/2013 3:40:40 AM
I just go with whatever multiplayer that the majority of people I play with play on. If everyone was on the PC, I'd just play with that. From my experience though, I like Xbox Live way more than PSN. PSN just seems lifeless....to be honest, so does online play for the PC. That said, I'm the type of person that usually only plays multiplayer with people I know in real life.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#5Raven2827Posted 9/13/2013 12:49:55 PM
Because I'm fine with PS4 for multiplayer.
---
ASUS P8P67 | 2600K @ 4.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600 | 500GB Seagate 7200.12 | Intel 80GB SSD | GTX 260 | 42" @ 1920x1080 + 22" @ 1920x1080 | Win7 Ultimate x64
#6_Sovereign_Posted 9/13/2013 1:00:59 PM
The difference between the two services last gen were the people who spoke the loudest. I personally experienced many more glitches, errors, lagging, cheating, etc on LIVE than I've ever seen on PSN.
---
"Microsoft demands simultaneous multiplatform releases" - Type that into your search bar and you'll see why you should buy Rayman on Wii U, not ports.
#7Jello743(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 1:01:10 PM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
PS has had dedicated servers for their first party titles for a long time now...why would they change that? Also I haven't seen it stated anywhere that PS4 wasn't getting dedicated servers

Eh, ignorance.

PS4 will have dedicated servers, ONLY if the developers chose to pay thousands of dollars. As on the Xbox One it is free. Also, many of the exclusives for ps4 didn't have dedicated servers. It costs tons of money for them.
#8Bikes-Posted 9/13/2013 1:03:47 PM
1. I love how suddenly dedicated servers are a deciding factor despite not being a new thing at all.
2. Cloud is a overhyped term with no proof shown that it does the things MS wants us to think it does. Gakai however is a proven concept, PC has had similar services (however they all kinda sucked) it's functional but not something really worth getting excited over unless you have really good internet, and even then...meh. Streaming the game via pretty much a video feed=/=having the cloud make parts of the game you have in front of you better.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#9sworderPosted 9/13/2013 1:07:02 PM
Jello743 posted...
If you say the the cloud is fake, then ps4's Gaikai is fake, too. Hold on though, since it's ps4 it must be true, right?

Or maybe it's that Gaikai has proven itself and they even had a free trial so people could play BF3 before Sony bought them

Oh wait no, that's not it. It's just people hating on the Xbone
#10NeoMonkPosted 9/13/2013 1:08:00 PM
Jello743 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...

Eh, ignorance.

PS4 will have dedicated servers, ONLY if the developers chose to pay thousands of dollars. As on the Xbox One it is free. Also, many of the exclusives for ps4 didn't have dedicated servers. It costs tons of money for them.

The ignorance is coming from you right now...
PS3 had dedicated servers on LAUNCH TITTLES back when the PS3 came out...

Get a grip and do some research... I know knowledge hurts but still...
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator