Why would you not go with Xbox for the multiplayer?

#11MetroidFan9999Posted 9/13/2013 2:08:43 PM
Jello743 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
PS has had dedicated servers for their first party titles for a long time now...why would they change that? Also I haven't seen it stated anywhere that PS4 wasn't getting dedicated servers

Eh, ignorance.

PS4 will have dedicated servers, ONLY if the developers chose to pay thousands of dollars. As on the Xbox One it is free. Also, many of the exclusives for ps4 didn't have dedicated servers. It costs tons of money for them.

No...it isn't free, smh:

http://www.respawn.com/news/lets-talk-about-the-xbox-live-cloud/

How is this different from other dedicated servers?

With the Xbox Live Cloud, we donít have to worry about estimating how many servers weíll need on launch day. We donít have to find ISPs all over the globe and rent servers from each one. We donít have to maintain the servers or copy new builds to every server. That lets us focus on things that make our game more fun. And best yet, Microsoft has datacenters all over the world, so everyone playing our game should have a consistent, low latency connection to their local datacenter.

Most importantly to us, Microsoft priced it so that itís far more affordable than other hosting options Ė their goal here is to get more awesome games, not to nickel-and-dime developers. So because of this, dedicated servers are much more of a realistic option for developers who donít want to make compromises on their player experience, and it opens up a lot more things that we can do in an online game.

And Sony could just as well use PS+ to subsidize dedicated servers....as opposed to MS who just uses that money (with Xbox Live advertising) to profit. (And no they did not use Xbox profits to make the Azure data centers, they didn't even start profiting on Xbox until Azure released).
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#12CaIiber345Posted 9/13/2013 2:14:21 PM
Maybe because I'm not dependent on multiplayer gaming. It factors into almost none of my gaming decisions.
---
"There is a lot of middle ground between superhero powers and "Niko, let's go bowling." Dr_Mojo
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting