EDGE article, stop referencing it

#41Ryan-06Posted 9/17/2013 7:49:54 AM
The xbox one is the size of a toaster oven. Will it be just as hot? I have one in my kitchen. Just used it earlier to make nice bread.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada. US sucks =(
#42DamnEvilDogPosted 9/17/2013 7:57:30 AM
Since when did EDGE matter? no seriously, when did this magazine become something important for gaming.

They posted that "PS4 is better then Xbox One" and various other articles, so now anyone who is in the PS4 camp likes them now and are posting things they say like it is credible news.

There are people who are in denial about that the Xbox One is weaker, but it is... I still would rather have it over the PS4, it is the same situation with the Vita vs 3DS, I picked the 3DS even though it is the far weaker system, I don't want a paperweight that has insanely priced propitiatory memory cards.
#43norrinsandsPosted 9/17/2013 8:15:02 AM
DamnEvilDog posted...
Since when did EDGE matter? no seriously, when did this magazine become something important for gaming.

They posted that "PS4 is better then Xbox One" and various other articles, so now anyone who is in the PS4 camp likes them now and are posting things they say like it is credible news.

There are people who are in denial about that the Xbox One is weaker, but it is... I still would rather have it over the PS4, it is the same situation with the Vita vs 3DS, I picked the 3DS even though it is the far weaker system, I don't want a paperweight that has insanely priced propitiatory memory cards.

This-when a magazine runs as its cover that one console is better than another, I think it ceases to be a credible objective source.
---
Done with JRPGs and pretty much J anything at this point.
#44norrinsandsPosted 9/17/2013 8:17:18 AM
Also, unless there is literally a generational difference between the two it wont matter for the games. The "power difference" from PS3 to 360 was probably greater, and a lot of multiplats looked better on the 360. There is so much more to it than a single "power rating" type number that any magazine that is pushing that narritve is totally questionable and just trying to stir the pot.
---
Done with JRPGs and pretty much J anything at this point.
#45Ramsus082Posted 9/17/2013 9:19:46 AM
I don't really see the issue. Developers are under career-killing NDAs, and everyone gives more candid a response when they're anonymous. But they weren't anonymous to EDGE; they inteviewed them. They're just trying to respect their sources, like every other publication on earth. Apparently their credibility is only in question to us.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#46Juvart24Posted 9/17/2013 1:34:57 PM
BigAl519 posted...
XBOXvsPC posted...
Ryse is the best looking game so far. but sure you can keep with your numbers, why not.

Did I really just read that? Wow, faith in humanity has taken another tumble... Someone get this kid some bifocals.

Nah let him stay blind he gave me a good chuckle.
---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
#47NSGraphitePosted 9/17/2013 1:48:03 PM
you mad, bro?
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#48gobuffalo30Posted 9/17/2013 1:54:53 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
It used to be "stop blindly stating facts, source?"
and now it's

"That source disagree's with my fanboyism, stop citing it"

Don't forget people trying to discredit any source, regardless of multiple developers saying the same thing.
#49Ryan-06Posted 9/18/2013 10:29:10 AM
gobuffalo30 posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
It used to be "stop blindly stating facts, source?"
and now it's

"That source disagree's with my fanboyism, stop citing it"

Don't forget people trying to discredit any source, regardless of multiple developers saying the same thing.

Wrong. Don't you know the forum warriors are more knowledgeable than anyone working at a game studio? they're telepathic, maybe aliens.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada. US sucks =(
#50AceAndJunpeiPosted 9/18/2013 10:42:12 AM
This topic needs more sources.

Posting known facts without 32.5 sources is trolling, warnable and kills kittens:(
---
Now Playing: Tales of Xillia CE, Outlast (PC) Saints Row IV (PC)(9/10) M+L Dream Team (8.5/10)(3DS) New LuigiU (8/10) Sly 4 (Vita)(6.5/10)