The Witcher 3 - Will there be a difference on Xbox One vs PS4

#1Paul_AtreidesPosted 9/13/2013 1:10:12 PM
Right now, Iook at Witcher 3 and the graphics are simply stunning. Will there be a significant difference in PS4 to Xbox One? PC will be best.

Right now it seems there may be a difference. The future is uncertain to me right now, but there are many possibilities.
#2DelRowePosted 9/13/2013 1:15:45 PM
Probably. MS pissed off the devs when they basically called their home a tier 2 country, so they won't be as enthusiastic about getting it up to par with the PS4 version.
---
You are not in control.
#3YeomanlyPosted 9/13/2013 1:17:47 PM
DelRowe posted...
Probably. MS pissed off the devs when they basically called their home a tier 2 country, so they won't be as enthusiastic about getting it up to par with the PS4 version.

Ye a business will go out of it's way to make it's product really bad so no one will buy it.
#4Skynet82997Posted 9/13/2013 1:20:55 PM
Yea - according to all the hyperbole around here, it probably won't even load on the inferior POS XB1.

While the PS4 version will have Geralt actually coming right out of the screen into your living room!!

50% faster FTW!!!!!!!!!
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#5DelRowePosted 9/13/2013 1:21:23 PM
Yeomanly posted...
DelRowe posted...

Ye a business will go out of it's way to make it's product really bad so no one will buy it.

Maybe not, but there are still other reasons. The lead platform is obviously the PC. We already know it is EXTREMELY easy to port games to the PS4, so it will get done pretty quicky. The Xbone version on the other hand is difficult to work with.
---
You are not in control.
#6Exodus_PrimePosted 9/13/2013 1:22:28 PM
Yes there will be a HUGE difference...and that is I will buy the Xbox One version of the game bc on PS4 I'm only buying exclusives.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#7JusticeSwordPosted 9/13/2013 1:22:42 PM
Skynet82997 posted...
Yea - according to all the hyperbole around here, it probably won't even load on the inferior POS XB1.

While the PS4 version will have Geralt actually coming right out of the screen into your living room!!

50% faster FTW!!!!!!!!!

Its driving you mad, isnt it?
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#8Skynet82997Posted 9/13/2013 1:24:45 PM
JusticeSword posted...
Skynet82997 posted...

50% faster FTW!!!!!!!!!

Its driving you mad, isnt it?

No - why would it? I'm getting a PS4 as well.

I will enjoy both consoles, their features and the great games each will offer.

You're the guy who spends all his time on the board of a console he has no intention of ever buying just to piss in people's ear about it all day.

Clearly, you are WAY more bent out of shape about it.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#9orestes1981Posted 9/13/2013 1:27:47 PM(edited)
Well, MS is trying to black ball developers into not taking full advantage of the PS4 specs because they exceed the Xbox One's specs. They do not want to go through the same thing as the PS3.

Instead of having a PS4 look better because of it is better hardware, they would want to lower the quality of the PS4 to match the Xbox One version. However, it will come down to the system that is the easiest to develop on & user base.

In the PS2/Xbox generation, the PS2 was difficult to develop on. However, it had the install base to indicate that the game would need to be developed with that system in mind (maximize profits). The PS3 continued that trend, but the Xbox 360 got a year head start. The install base of the 360 meant the 3rd party games were developed on that system first and then ported to the PS3 (smaller install base, weaker gpu, stronger cpu, difficulty to develop games on it).

Now, the PS4 is going to be the easier to develop on than the Xbox One. The eSRAM is going to make things a little more difficult on developers; furthermore, the PS4 will have a larger install base than the Xbox One. Developers will go there first to make the games, they will release it port it to the Xbox One, and that will be that. However, it brings up the question if they will actually develop with the PS4 in mind. Microsoft can try and black ball developers into gimping the PS4 version, but who knows?

Microsoft would need to spend a lot of money to make developers do that, though. It is really hard to think that the Xbox One version would sell as well as a PS4 version.
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#10SORS_IMMANISPosted 9/13/2013 1:27:12 PM
Considering who the dev is, there absolutely should be. I very much doubt that Microsoft could bully a dev like CDPR into castrating the PS4 version.
The only problem is that they are a PC dev, and aren't used to optimising their titles. Considering how little time they will have to work with the PS4, they might not be able to get the best out of it. That said, the PS4 is simpler to develop for than the Xbone, and is more powerful. So there's no real reason TW3 shouldn't be markedly superior on the PS4.