You should care about the Impulse Triggers

#11Millertime660Posted 9/13/2013 9:46:05 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
I cannot understand why impulse triggers are a big deal for Forza. It's not like you feel specific vibrations through only your foot pedals when driving- no, you sense movements from the whole car. The whole controller should react as such. I don't understand its relevance for racing games at all.

Really?! There are specific things you feel through the pedals whenever you drive aggressively. Brake fade, ABS judder, road vibration...

I'm excited for the impulse triggers specifically for the fact that there has always been a sense of immersion that sim racers have never been able to convey, and that's the connection with the vehicle. I'm hoping this new rumble fills that void.

You feel all those things more so through your seat and steering wheel than you do with your pedals.

still your hands will be the ones sensing the feedback......
#12SolisPosted 9/14/2013 12:51:19 AM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
I cannot understand why impulse triggers are a big deal for Forza. It's not like you feel specific vibrations through only your foot pedals when driving- no, you sense movements from the whole car. The whole controller should react as such. I don't understand its relevance for racing games at all.

And the controller allows for positional rumble in a variety of locations, not just the triggers. You feel a CONSIDERABLE amount of feedback in a car through the foot pedals, so it's entirely natural for the very inputs you're using on a game controller to replicate the usage of foot pedals to have their own tactile response.

And I have no idea what kind of car you drive, but in most, the foot pedals that allow you to feel the kind of drag on the wheels and resistance from them. Try holding the break down part way as you stop across a long distance, and you should be able to tell when the wheels are sliding or locking through the foot pedal (especially on icy or uneven roads).
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#13PorungaPosted 9/14/2013 1:07:39 AM

No

Of all of the things you should care about in this life and on this planet, vibrating trigger buttons is not even close to being on the list.
#14Spetsnaz420Posted 9/14/2013 3:57:02 AM
Not gonna lie...sounds pretty neat.
---
I don't conform to social convention
#15mmelzer2004Posted 9/14/2013 5:18:18 AM(edited)
ImThe8thWonder posted...

And when you fire a gun, the whole thing recoils, not just the trigger, so your point? It's just as relevant for FPS titles.

Give me an example of a game genre that only the triggers would vibrate.
---
Currently Playing - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3)
#16Mr_arizonaPosted 9/14/2013 7:03:57 AM
mmelzer2004 posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...

And when you fire a gun, the whole thing recoils, not just the trigger, so your point? It's just as relevant for FPS titles.

Give me an example of a game genre that only the triggers would vibrate.

Portal?
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#17L4YER_CAKEPosted 9/14/2013 7:12:15 AM

I wouldn't say I don't care, but this should by no means be a system seller or even a hot topic for conversation.

It's rumble triggers. Cool.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.