Has MS released a list of compatible tv providers?

#1Nice_RobbyPosted 9/13/2013 3:49:51 PM
I figured comcast(xfinity) is a given... But I just recently moved and had to drop them.

So anyone know of an confirmed tv providers?

Note: what I mean is receiver boxes that will be able to be controlled thru the Xbox one (channel changing, ect).
---
Xbox Live Sn: Nice Robby
PSN Sn: Nice_Robby
#2regsantotomasPosted 9/13/2013 4:00:16 PM
There hasn't been any press release that I am aware of that has delineated which providers will be supported. Comcast was mentioned in a press event but the information for specifically supported providers is vague:

Q: Do I need to have a specific cable or satellite TV provider to watch live TV on Xbox?
A: Our goal is to enable live TV through Xbox One in every way that it is delivered throughout the world, whether that's television service providers, over the air or over the Internet, or HDMI-in via a set-top box (as is the case with many providers in the U.S.). The delivery of TV is complex and we are working through the many technologies and policies around the world to make live TV available where Xbox One is available.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#3LovecraftiangodPosted 9/13/2013 4:06:38 PM
I wonder how many p***** off xbots there will be when they find out that the TV features don't work
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft
#4Nice_Robby(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 4:30:45 PM
regsantotomas posted...
There hasn't been any press release that I am aware of that has delineated which providers will be supported. Comcast was mentioned in a press event but the information for specifically supported providers is vague:

Q: Do I need to have a specific cable or satellite TV provider to watch live TV on Xbox?
A: Our goal is to enable live TV through Xbox One in every way that it is delivered throughout the world, whether that's television service providers, over the air or over the Internet, or HDMI-in via a set-top box (as is the case with many providers in the U.S.). The delivery of TV is complex and we are working through the many technologies and policies around the world to make live TV available where Xbox One is available.

Ok. Thanks.
---
Xbox Live Sn: Nice Robby
PSN Sn: Nice_Robby
#5True_FoeHammerPosted 9/13/2013 4:31:38 PM
regsantotomas posted...

I didn't know that only in the U.S. meant 'throughout the world.'