Is microsoft serious?

#1Second_HokagePosted 9/13/2013 4:17:32 PM
Kinect is no longer required, they can now release a kinectless model at a competing price with the PS4 and they are not going to do that?
#2IloveElitePosted 9/13/2013 4:20:31 PM
Sadly it looks like it, which is a shame as I would buy one.

which leads me to suspect the 'you can unplug it and not use it' isn't going to be as easy as people think.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim, X3TC, Titan Quest Gold
Waiting for: Elite:Dangerous, GTA V, Diablo 3
#3MrJuice13Posted 9/13/2013 4:22:15 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
Kinect is no longer required, they can now release a kinectless model at a competing price with the PS4 and they are not going to do that?

What's to stop them from having every game require use of the kinect? The console won't need it plugged into to work, but you'll need it to play games.

and besides, I've think they've put too much money into the Kinect to just up and drop it.
---
The power of Macleod!
#4True_FoeHammerPosted 9/13/2013 4:26:24 PM
Microsoft wants a 100% adoption rate for the Kinect 2. Remember how there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING worth playing for the original? Blame that (partially) on the low adoption rate, especially among core gamers. If more core gamers have a Kinect, the more likely that developers will make games for them.
#5HENTAIDOJIPosted 9/13/2013 4:45:35 PM
Second_Hokage posted...

Look at how the wii sold.

Look at how the 360 sold after kinect released.

Stupid add ons sell consoles.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#6vashtrichamPosted 9/13/2013 4:49:02 PM(edited)
True_FoeHammer posted...
Microsoft wants a 100% adoption rate for the Kinect 2. Remember how there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING worth playing for the original? Blame that (partially) on the low adoption rate, especially among core gamers. If more core gamers have a Kinect, the more likely that developers will make games for them.

If msoft gave gamers a reason to buy it then gamers would gladly buy it. Blame isnt on the consumer but the company for poor execution and now they are forcing the kinect to try to make up for it.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#7SparkItUpPosted 9/13/2013 4:50:09 PM
Second_Hokage posted...

If they offer a Kinectless bundle, then they will not be able to recoup any of the R&D costs of the Kinect program. By forcing people to purchase it, they are able to recoup some of their losses more so than if they made it optional.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#8JusticeSwordPosted 9/13/2013 4:50:43 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Second_Hokage posted...

Look at how the wii sold.

Look at how the 360 sold after kinect released.

Stupid add ons sell consoles.

The ps eye window washing game, was somewhere to be found at every single party I went to for a whole summer >_> in hindsight, it was crap, but at the time, I still thought it was crap.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#9Golden MavenPosted 9/13/2013 4:52:53 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
a kinectless model

The XBox One was designed around the Kinect. A "kinectless" model is just absurd.
#10True_FoeHammerPosted 9/13/2013 4:53:41 PM
vashtricham posted...
True_FoeHammer posted...

If msoft gave gamers a reason to buy it then gamers would gladly buy it. Blame isnt on the consumer but the company for poor execution and now they are forcing the kinect to try to make up for it.

I never blamed the consumer. Of course the blame lies squarely on Microsoft for providing nothing worth playing. If I remember correctly, Steel Battalion was the only core game for the ****ing thing, and we all know how poorly that was made.

Microsoft knows that the Kinect is unpopular with core gamers. Why else have they not shown how it is used to play games? It's all just voice commands, heart rate sensors and automatic controller preference switching. Not how it makes big, positive changes to games like Halo or Forza.