Is microsoft serious?

#11SparkItUpPosted 9/13/2013 3:53:42 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Second_Hokage posted...
a kinectless model

The XBox One was designed around the Kinect. A "kinectless" model is just absurd.

The fact you can disconnect it and still have a viable operating console disproves this entirely.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#12SparkItUpPosted 9/13/2013 3:56:41 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
vashtricham posted...
True_FoeHammer posted...
Microsoft wants a 100% adoption rate for the Kinect 2. Remember how there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING worth playing for the original? Blame that (partially) on the low adoption rate, especially among core gamers. If more core gamers have a Kinect, the more likely that developers will make games for them.

If msoft gave gamers a reason to buy it then gamers would gladly buy it. Blame isnt on the consumer but the company for poor execution and now they are forcing the kinect to try to make up for it.

I never blamed the consumer. Of course the blame lies squarely on Microsoft for providing nothing worth playing. If I remember correctly, Steel Battalion was the only core game for the ****ing thing, and we all know how poorly that was made.

Microsoft knows that the Kinect is unpopular with core gamers. Why else have they not shown how it is used to play games? It's all just voice commands, heart rate sensors and automatic controller preference switching. Not how it makes big, positive changes to games like Halo or Forza.

I have to say that is probably one of my major problems with the Kinect 2.0 being a forced purchase. They have yet to show it as an integral part of the gaming or the functionality of it while gaming. If it was as great as they say, you would think they would be flaunting how great it was since E3.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#13Golden MavenPosted 9/13/2013 3:57:30 PM
SparkItUp posted...
The fact you can disconnect it and still have a viable operating console disproves this entirely.

Disproves what? That the XBox One was designed around the Kinect?
#14Spetsnaz420Posted 9/14/2013 2:44:11 AM
SparkItUp posted...
Second_Hokage posted...
Kinect is no longer required, they can now release a kinectless model at a competing price with the PS4 and they are not going to do that?

If they offer a Kinectless bundle, then they will not be able to recoup any of the R&D costs of the Kinect program. By forcing people to purchase it, they are able to recoup some of their losses more so than if they made it optional.

That's MS' s problem for soending millions on something no one wants...MS likes giving us thibgs we don't want *cough*Windows8*cough*
---
I don't conform to social convention
#15ViryuPosted 9/14/2013 3:29:07 AM
Golden Maven posted...
Second_Hokage posted...
a kinectless model

The XBox One was designed around the Kinect. A "kinectless" model is just absurd.

The ads were designed around the Kinect. A "kinectless" model is just absurd.
#16AzaneAzerPosted 9/14/2013 3:52:37 AM
Maybe in retrospect, the people being paid 6 digit salaries to plan and manage costs shouldn't let a peripheral that would lose money hurt their sales cost and preorders.

The fact the Kinect wouldn't even break even if it was sold separately isn't a good omen for how much deterrance it has towards it's parent console (Even jokingly looking at just how many have said no on the 500$ Bundle because of Kinect being overpriced on Gamefaqs has shown that it's a lot more of an issue than MS Believes).
#17SaQu1BPosted 9/14/2013 4:17:26 AM
B/c TC bundling is a cheaper. Kinect cost as much as the console itself.
Price of Console: $300
Price of Kinect: $300
Total price: $600

But your actually paying $500.. so it is a saving of $100. It is actually a better deal than $ony's ps3.5 which probably has huge markups.
#18IminyourclosetPosted 9/14/2013 4:25:45 AM
SaQu1B posted...
B/c TC bundling is a cheaper. Kinect cost as much as the console itself.
Price of Console: $300
Price of Kinect: $300
Total price: $600

But your actually paying $500.. so it is a saving of $100. It is actually a better deal than $ony's ps3.5 which probably has huge markups.

http://i.qkme.me/eb6.jpg
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#19ILikesCheesePosted 9/14/2013 5:57:42 AM
The answer to this is simple.

Microsoft cannot release a Kinect-Free model now because of launch pre-orders. It also doesn't make sense from a financial standpoint because of the money they would lose from first adopters that just MUST have their Xbox One.

Say the console has 3 million sales in the first six months. That's 3,000,000 X 100 = $300,000,000 in extra profits.

Once the first adopters are out of the picture, MICROSOFT WILL RELEASE A KINECT-FREE VERSION, most likely in the second half of 2014. Yes, MS has repeatedly said they won't do this. Ever. Let me see here....what else have they recently said they absolutely wouldn't or couldn't do and then suddenly reversed course on? Hmmmmm....
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#20coltsfan4ever31Posted 9/14/2013 6:01:34 AM
Microsoft has invested a ton of cash in Kinect 2.0. Anybody who thinks they will just drop it is delusional.
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi