Is microsoft serious?

#21ILikesCheesePosted 9/14/2013 7:05:47 AM
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
Microsoft has invested a ton of cash in Kinect 2.0. Anybody who thinks they will just drop it is delusional.

Anyone who thinks a $500 device can compete with a $400 device that basically does the same thing over the course of a product life-cycle knows nothing about business.

Money talks and BS walks kiddies. The fact that the "Xbox One was designed around the Kinect 2.0" means zip when it comes down to sales figures.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#22Ryan-06Posted 9/14/2013 7:13:35 AM
True_FoeHammer posted...
Microsoft wants a 100% adoption rate for the Kinect 2. Remember how there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING worth playing for the original? Blame that (partially) on the low adoption rate, especially among core gamers. If more core gamers have a Kinect, the more likely that developers will make games for them.

And core gamers are STILL not gonna give a **** about kinect again. Just watch. It's a lame gimmick that only adds more price. I don't want, when I asked other 360 users on my list, they said they don't want it either. MS get it thru your ugly head. we don't care.

Like when Elder Scrolls VI or Fallout 4 arrives, I sure as hell don't want a stupid peripheral to yell at or wave at like a dummy. I only want to experience those SP RPGs alone and quietly, without interruption.

Try going to a movie theatre and wave your body around while watching during the exciting parts! Fun yeah? no, better to sit still and immerse yourself. Kinect is not VR, until that day comes, kinect should be in the trash.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada. US sucks.
#23roboto_pilotoPosted 9/14/2013 9:00:12 AM
Golden Maven posted...
Second_Hokage posted...
a kinectless model

The XBox One was designed around the Kinect. A "kinectless" model is just absurd.

A Kinect only model WITHOUT a single AAA Kinect game to support it is absurd.

Party games like Kinect sports don't count unless "rock climbing" is what u consider "next-gen" or fun. Fighter Within looking pretty weak on the motion capture too.
---
"I guess I'm a bad man who tried to be a good father, I don't know. Every man has a right to change." ~ John Marston
#24SoulTrapperPosted 9/14/2013 9:15:03 AM
They're making people who don't want it pay for it it's development cost.
It's really quite simple.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#25FinzFan4lifePosted 9/14/2013 9:32:09 AM
You don't have to yell at it currently and the new one is said to speak normal as well. Most features in next gen will be like voice things which I like and I consider my self a core/hardcore gamer.

The first kinect wasn't the greatest because it was adapted after the console release this time they where built with each other in mind.

Just cause you can navigate with your controller does not mean it won't be easier with the kinect.

Just cause you don't like it don't ruin for the people who do. I'm so tired of the entitled gamer, when a company changes 95% of their policies and can't deal with one minor thing, they stopped it from having to be connected, just drop it already. They pretty much performed Harakiri
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#26Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/14/2013 9:35:49 AM
SaQu1B posted...
B/c TC bundling is a cheaper. Kinect cost as much as the console itself.
Price of Console: $300
Price of Kinect: $300
Total price: $600

But your actually paying $500.. so it is a saving of $100. It is actually a better deal than $ony's ps3.5 which probably has huge markups.

zing! quick jab at Sony to top it all off
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#27NewMoonShadowPosted 9/14/2013 9:55:18 AM
SaQu1B posted...

But your actually paying $500.. so it is a saving of $100. It is actually a better deal than $ony's ps3.5 which probably has huge markups.

... This is just like the PS3 fanboys trying to argue that the 600 dollar system was ultimately "cheaper" than the 400 dollar 360. It was ridiculous then, it's ridiculous now.
#28SilentS89Posted 9/14/2013 11:05:05 AM
MrJuice13 posted...
and besides, I've think they've put too much money into the Kinect to just up and drop it.

Sometimes it is better to cut your losses.
#29ILikesCheesePosted 9/14/2013 12:27:48 PM
SaQu1B posted...

Your math is WAY OFF.

The PS3.5, otherwise known as the Playstation 3 Super Slim, is on sale on Amazon at the moment for $235. Go back to school. Or, more likely, stay in it.

http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-3-250GB-System-Slim-Redesign/dp/B00AEX81SG/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1379186704&sr=1-1&keywords=super+slim
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#30Golden MavenPosted 9/14/2013 12:31:56 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
They're making people who don't want it pay for it it's development cost.

Wow, no one is putting a gun to your head. Don't want it? Don't buy it. It's pretty simple.