One thing i think one needs is jp RPG's

#11userfrigginamePosted 9/13/2013 7:31:50 PM
Not sure if that'd work, just cuz the ppl who want JRPGs already know to go Playstation, and probably most of Microsoft's audience strays away from those games anyway.
#12adonfrazPosted 9/13/2013 7:35:41 PM
babyeatermax posted...
Xbone needs games like Dark Souls. None of that turn-based anime crap.

JRPGs are still a fairly popular genre. The more genres a console supports, the more people the console will appeal to, and more people will buy it. Developers see consoles with large install bases attractive and will create more games and invest more time/manpower into a console because the console is popular.

I haven't played a Call of Duty or Madden game in years but I wouldn't want my console of choice to be without those games because I know those games are popular and drive sales.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
PSN ID: Loyal_Catalyst 3DS FC: (Loyal) 0533-4535-6191
#13ilikehamandhaloPosted 9/13/2013 7:51:06 PM
Ive seen this same topic on the PS4 boards and everyone hates JRPGs, its a 20+ year old genre that never changes with combat that almost never advances. The stories and characters are almost always cliche and awful. If you want JRPGs, play them on hand helds, the big hardware is for good games.
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
#14OldSnakeLiveon8Posted 9/13/2013 7:59:08 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
babyeatermax posted...
Xbone needs games like Dark Souls.

Oh, please no.

Why not? Dark Souls is a great jrpg
---
God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before. The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted
#15SunDevil77Posted 9/13/2013 8:01:39 PM
OldSnakeLiveon8 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
babyeatermax posted...
Xbone needs games like Dark Souls.

Oh, please no.

Why not? Dark Souls is a great jrpg

The less elitist communities, the better. And while the Souls games are JRPGs, they're heavily influenced by Western design.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#16sworderPosted 9/13/2013 8:07:56 PM
ilikehamandhalo posted...
Ive seen this same topic on the PS4 boards and everyone hates JRPGs, its a 20+ year old genre that never changes with combat that almost never advances. The stories and characters are almost always cliche and awful. If you want JRPGs, play them on hand helds, the big hardware is for good games.

Agreed. We need more FPS. They have changed so drastically since Doom that they are almost unrecognizable. There are so many ways that you can aim and shoot a weapon that I lost count. And those amazing stories are breathtaking. World War 2, terrorists, explosions! Awesome man.

Plus the depth of the characters is unbelievable, like straight from a novel most of the time.
#17patrick005Posted 9/13/2013 8:15:46 PM
adonfraz posted...
JRPGs are still a fairly popular genre. The more genres a console supports, the more people the console will appeal to, and more people will buy it.
The years when xbox360 had a great support for JRPGs, weren't exactly the best years of sales for the console. Ironically, the years when they had very limited support of JRPGs were the years the 360 had the best sales. I too would rather have a console that has more options for different game genres, but we have to realize that alone isn't enough reason for people to spend money on one.
---
Opinions can be changed. Beliefs however, not so much.
- http://albert5.com
#18ilikehamandhaloPosted 9/13/2013 8:16:24 PM
sworder posted...
ilikehamandhalo posted...

Agreed. We need more FPS. They have changed so drastically since Doom that they are almost unrecognizable. There are so many ways that you can aim and shoot a weapon that I lost count. And those amazing stories are breathtaking. World War 2, terrorists, explosions! Awesome man.

Plus the depth of the characters is unbelievable, like straight from a novel most of the time.

Lol this guy, butt hurt when I didnt even mention FPS. So sad.
---
#19sworderPosted 9/13/2013 8:20:48 PM
It was just a joke

I can tell it stings tho if you thought I was serious. Not like you don't have Halo in your name or anything
#20ilikehamandhaloPosted 9/13/2013 8:34:50 PM
sworder posted...
It was just a joke

I can tell it stings tho if you thought I was serious. Not like you don't have Halo in your name or anything

Trying to back the hurt bum out now? Oh its ok kid, we all say stupid things.
---