One thing i think one needs is jp RPG's

#31ilikehamandhaloPosted 9/14/2013 7:11:26 AM
2ndAtomisk posted...
ilikehamandhalo posted...
Ive seen this same topic on the PS4 boards and everyone hates JRPGs, its a 20+ year old genre that never changes with combat that almost never advances. The stories and characters are almost always cliche and awful. If you want JRPGs, play them on hand helds, the big hardware is for good games.

JRPGs battle systems are constantly advancing. Of course if you're on the outside looking in it may not look that way.

So your saying the thousands upon thousands of JRPGs released dont have the same, I hit you then you hit me battle type that bores the soul out of any normal person? Yeah, right.
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
#32light19921Posted 9/14/2013 8:20:51 AM
ilikehamandhaloPosted 9/14/2013 10:11:26 AMmessage detailquote

2ndAtomisk posted...

Ive seen this same topic on the PS4 boards and everyone hates JRPGs, its a 20+ year old genre that never changes with combat that almost never advances. The stories and characters are almost always cliche and awful. If you want JRPGs, play them on hand helds, the big hardware is for good games.

JRPGs battle systems are constantly advancing. Of course if you're on the outside looking in it may not look that way.

So your saying the thousands upon thousands of JRPGs released dont have the same, I hit you then you hit me battle type that bores the soul out of any normal person? Yeah, right.
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

first off no i don't know how you put the others post inside of your post

secondly most rpgs don't use the normal menu attack system anymore. some do, and yeah it bores me to if it's just that. most of the jrpgs i've played in the past few years use either a high speed menu system like ff13's or an attack menu system like tales of "whatever" and kingdom hearts (the main ones).

but there are still some menu ones and yeah they aren't for everyone

also while shooter are currently one of the biggest markets this may change soon as most of the people i know are starting to get a little burned out on them. they still go and buy them almost religiously but they play them for a far shorter amount of time than before, and talk a lot less about how much they want the next cod or battle field.
#33SadLinkPosted 9/15/2013 2:21:52 AM
Well X1 will be getting FFXV & it's sequels, KH3 and I'm sure a few others.

As for there being a JRPG exclusive again, IDK...
---
PLAYING: Resident Evil Revelations Wii U / Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix
Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros
#34Pinoy441Posted 9/15/2013 3:16:46 AM
2ndAtomisk posted...

Play Tales of

Then Play FF

Then Ni No Kuni

Then Any Souls game

Then Dragons Dogma

If you can legitimately say WITH PROOF that any of those games play the same then you can come back and make that statement
---
*grabs popcorn*
#35SekaiIchibanPosted 9/15/2013 3:22:57 AM
Pinoy441 posted...
2ndAtomisk posted...

Play Tales of

Then Play FF

Then Ni No Kuni

Then Any Souls game

Then Dragons Dogma

If you can legitimately say WITH PROOF that any of those games play the same then you can come back and make that statement

ilikehamandhalo rather likes I shoot you, you shoot me. There are infinite variants to do that. Aim, shoot. Has never been any different. There have been "thousands upon thousands of" FPS that have the same formula. While you may like the shooting thing, don't expect everyone else to agree with you.
#36Spetsnaz420Posted 9/15/2013 3:34:10 AM
I swear you guys need the trolls...without trolls you guys seem to fight amongst yourselves...at least the troll encourage a universal ted front.

OT

Anyone.saying having diversity in a consoles game lineup is a bad thing need to get their heads checked. Getting RPGs doesn't take anything away from genres you prefer. There should be room for every genre on every system and the gamers for those systems need to stop judging other gamers for what they like...its incredibly immature.
---
I don't conform to social convention
#37SadLinkPosted 9/15/2013 3:54:30 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
I swear you guys need the trolls...without trolls you guys seem to fight amongst yourselves...at least the troll encourage a universal ted front.

OT

Anyone.saying having diversity in a consoles game lineup is a bad thing need to get their heads checked. Getting RPGs doesn't take anything away from genres you prefer. There should be room for every genre on every system and the gamers for those systems need to stop judging other gamers for what they like...its incredibly immature.

You sir, are correct.
---
PLAYING: Resident Evil Revelations Wii U / Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix
Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros