What happened to Patriots?

#11Foxx3kPosted 9/13/2013 10:27:01 PM
My interpretation by reading through the lines was that Ubi Soft made a bet about what the next-gen specs would be for Watch Dogs and Patriots.

They got it right with Watch Dogs and wrong with Patriots. If I had to guess, Patriots was "under-specced," so it wasn't impressive enough and went back into the kitchen a little bit to be spruced up. This, in my opinion, gels with the reports that the multiplayer was complete and in the can and I imagine this frustration prompted the lead designer to quit.

So ... Patriots is done. But they're sitting on it a bit to better take advantage of next-gen. I imagine that we'll see it as their key-stone release in Spring 2015..
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#12Moose_Of_WoePosted 9/14/2013 1:28:06 AM
Paul_Atreides posted...
Laylow12 posted...
ilikehamandhalo posted...
MeaglesV posted...
I dont know, barely beating the bills and then struggling against the Jets? LMFAO, Patriots are suspect.

Hahaha yup. Brady has no receivers doe

The only receiver hes ever had was Moss and its never been an issue, Brady has never had backs, WRs and hes only had Gronk the last couple years. Now is no different then any other time in his career.

Um... Did you forget Wes Welker played for the Pats?

That guy is money all day, everyday.

Also Corey Dillion was a good back, heck he rushed for 1500 yards the last time the Patriots won the super bowl...

Don't forget that Brady also has one of/the best pass blocking o-lines in football every single season. It's a fortress, figuratively speaking.
#13AjidoMarujidoPosted 9/14/2013 1:57:58 AM(edited)
The only receiver hes ever had was Moss and its never been an issue, Brady has never had backs, WRs and hes only had Gronk the last couple years. Now is no different then any other time in his career.

Moss is the only HUGE name receiver he's ever had, but he's had Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski, Deion Branch, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Lloyd, Terry Glenn, Donté Stallworth, Kevin Faulk, Corey Dillon, Troy Brown, and I'm sure others that I can't think of. Most of which have won awards, set records, and/or been on a Pro Bowl roster at some point.

Now is very different from the past years of his career.
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (PS3), Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3 and PC)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#14XphoenixedgeXPosted 9/14/2013 2:01:53 AM
Didn't Snake take care of them in MGS4?
#15ilikehamandhaloPosted 9/14/2013 7:09:51 AM
AjidoMarujido posted...

Moss is the only HUGE name receiver he's ever had, but he's had Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski, Deion Branch, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Lloyd, Terry Glenn, Donté Stallworth, Kevin Faulk, Corey Dillon, Troy Brown, and I'm sure others that I can't think of. Most of which have won awards, set records, and/or been on a Pro Bowl roster at some point.

Now is very different from the past years of his career.

Moss is the only note worthly. Welker will never be on that level and is a glorified slot guy that just gets fed the ball a lot. The rest of those names are no bodies, guys who had a good year here and there and will amount or have amounted to nothing.

Fact is, Brady has gone his entire career this same way. With mostly below average backs that might break out for half a season. Bellicheck is the reason the team has always been so good despite actually having talented players at WR, TE and RB.
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
#16AjidoMarujidoPosted 9/14/2013 3:14:29 PM(edited)
Moss is the only note worthly. Welker will never be on that level and is a glorified slot guy that just gets fed the ball a lot. The rest of those names are no bodies, guys who had a good year here and there and will amount or have amounted to nothing.

Fact is, Brady has gone his entire career this same way. With mostly below average backs that might break out for half a season. Bellicheck is the reason the team has always been so good despite actually having talented players at WR, TE and RB.

The fact that you're downplaying Welker so much kinda hurts your credibility.

Regardless of whether or not you consider them "nobodies" they were all reliable and had solid careers, and like I said most of them won awards, broke records, and/or made Pro Bowls. Even if you consider that no more than "a good year here-and-there" that a lot more than can be say about their current roster.

Even just looking at the game against the Jets, Dobson and Thompkins missed many catches that past Patriots receivers would catch 90% of the time. While it's true that Patriots have never been known for having really big name offensive players, their receivers have always been reliable, to a much larger degree than what they showed on Thursday.
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F (PS3), Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PS3 and PC)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#17ApexMjolnir(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 7:22:46 AM
I knew this would happen the moment I typed the word Patriots for the title...

I really was hoping for some Tactical Espionage, not Dive into the Rocks and Snipe with Grenades, all while being protected by Perk 2 and 3, making you both invisible to radar, and reducing your odor to wildlife.

I don't mind a Good gunfight... but the tactics in the BF/COD series are pretty much... Run to tree, crouch, poke your barrel out, snipe people as they re-spawn, get grenaded, spawn where they just were, get sniped 3 times, spawn right behind the guy that just sniped you, stab him, pick up his gun, snipe him when he respawns in 3,2,1... nevermind he spawned behind you and stabbed you.

While the Graphics and the Feel of the weapons are great... Both COD and BF are missing the most important aspect of War... Fear.

No matter how many Times I rappeled down the side of a building, and broke through a window, there was always that small fear, that someone was already looking at me through their sights. 8 different ways into the building, 8 players on each team... That feeling of playing checkers when your opponent, moves that first piece from their back row... That feeling does not exist in COD/BF... and never has.
---
GT: Wonderpill
#18vashtrichamPosted 9/15/2013 7:30:18 AM
Hes o line has not been great the past 3-4 years. Brady helps his oline by being one of the best at moving within the pocket.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#19Moose_Of_WoePosted 9/15/2013 7:33:18 PM
vashtricham posted...
Hes o line has not been great the past 3-4 years. Brady helps his oline by being one of the best at moving within the pocket.

Brady...with time..
Brady...with time.......
Brady.....all day.....
Brady......plenty of time......
#20vashtrichamPosted 9/16/2013 2:00:33 PM(edited)
Moose_Of_Woe posted...
vashtricham posted...

Brady...with time..
Brady...with time.......
Brady.....all day.....
Brady......plenty of time......

Obviously you havnt been watching the pats for the past few years. Their O line is no where near where it was in the mid 2000's. Brady is masterful at moving within the pocket giving his line more time and making them look better than they are.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam