If the producers of PS4 and XB1 were switched, would it change your mind?

#1TemplarofStonePosted 9/13/2013 10:12:34 PM
Say Microsoft made what the PS4 is now, but it was named XB1. And Sony made what the XB1 is now, but it was named the PS4, would it change your decision?
#2RedFive3Posted 9/13/2013 10:41:17 PM
I am buying both, so it doesn't matter.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#3nuclearratchetPosted 9/13/2013 11:13:55 PM
I prefer whatever Sony makes cuz thats where all the good exclusives would be.
#4ScaryLlamaPosted 9/13/2013 11:18:37 PM
The policies of each company fits that companies character, so they'd be the same console, except the "new" PS4 would be less powerful. That'd be a bit of a bummer, but Sony games are top-tier. A real question would be:

Keeping the same policies from E3, if the two switched first party studios/games, which one would you get?
---
PSN: ScaryLlama
Steam: ScaryLlama
#5656stoogePosted 9/13/2013 11:23:03 PM
I'm not getting the PS4 because it's more powerful, or the X1 because it's any less. That's just a happy coincidence.
In fact, even before the whole DRM fiasco I still wasn't planning on buying MS's next console. Not after they completely neglected the core game for the 4 years leading up to the next generation.

But I'm no fanboy. Last gen I bought the 360 at launch and didn't buy a PS3 for years because Sony thought it would be more fun trying to fit each others heads up their butts instead of developing an affordable console with decent first party support.

So if MS change their ways I'll come back. But I'm giving it a few years just to make sure.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#6SaintFC_Posted 9/13/2013 11:33:09 PM
TemplarofStone posted...
Say Microsoft made what the PS4 is now, but it was named XB1. And Sony made what the XB1 is now, but it was named the PS4, would it change your decision?

It's a bigger issue than just the name or whatever, it's about the policies and the anti consumer attitude.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#7CapwnDPosted 9/13/2013 11:43:18 PM
TemplarofStone posted...

If the Playstation consoles had the exclusives that I enjoy and the better online service, I would like Playstation.

I'm not sure how a topic like this gets made. I mean seriously.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#8SaintFC_Posted 9/13/2013 11:45:54 PM
CapwnD posted...
TemplarofStone posted...

If the Playstation consoles had the exclusives that I enjoy and the better online service, I would like Playstation.

How do you know the One has a better online service?
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .
#9RedFive3Posted 9/13/2013 11:56:15 PM
SaintFC_ posted...
CapwnD posted...
TemplarofStone posted...

How do you know the One has a better online service?

Umm, because the original Xbox and 360 did? Not rocket science to think the X1 won't either. Plus, 300,000 servers.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#10656stoogePosted 9/13/2013 11:57:42 PM
RedFive3 posted...

Umm, because the original Xbox and 360 did? Not rocket science to think the X1 won't either. Plus, 300,000 servers.

You don't think in 6 years Sony wouldn't have thought to include things like cross game chat and everything else the 360 had that the PS3 didn't?
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.