Thanks to EA next gen sports games are lackluster

#1MilesTeg420Posted 9/14/2013 5:38:22 AM
Remember when Madden on next gen was a big deal? When it launched on PS2 it was obviously a brand new engine. When it launched on 360 it was with an entirely new engine (yeah I know Madden 06 sucked).

Fast forward to 2013. Next gen Madden is a current gen up port. They tout new engine but by all acounts so far it's BS. Madden is an up port. There is no next gen NHL. Fifa is 1080p because it's an up port, it's outclassed by current gen PES. Their NBA Live has already been delayed out of launch, most suspect it will be canned like the previous attempts. No MLB license even though it looks like 2K is done, what with no new game next year. No SSX, no NBA Street, no Tiger Woods yet, no NCAA basketball, no NFL Street.

Thanks for nothing EA.
#2Swab18Posted 9/14/2013 6:11:10 AM
They had the same problem with Madden 06. The first year of next gen is that weird phase where you have games coming out on both gens. Might be about 2 years till we get a next gen Madden.
---
Sobenofear has a crush on me.
#3MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 6:19:03 AM
Swab18 posted...
They had the same problem with Madden 06. The first year of next gen is that weird phase where you have games coming out on both gens. Might be about 2 years till we get a next gen Madden.

This gen lasted 8 years. They should have been ready with all their sports. They had a new engine in place every 5 years beforehand and still supported last gen at the same time. No excuses as far as I'm concerned.
#4megaman1376Posted 9/14/2013 6:20:57 AM
thats the problem with monopolies and licenses EA has a monopoly so they can sell a higher price and lower quality
#5Mr_arizonaPosted 9/14/2013 6:22:00 AM
Madden 06 sucked on the 360 and they actually took out a lot of features it's PS2/GC/Xbox brands had. It's like they just wanted to show off the shine on McNabb's helmet really really bad.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#6motoraptorPosted 9/14/2013 9:02:08 AM
I'm pissed that there's no NHL
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#7userfrigginamePosted 9/14/2013 9:17:54 AM
You know you can choose to play sports games other than EA's, right? The only sport that I know that they have a monopoly on is football. I mean, why not just play PES then? Why not play NBA 2K? Why not criticize 2K that they're not doing a good enough job with their hockey and baseball games? Are you saying it's EAs fault (other than football) for other developers/publishers not doing a good job with their next gen games as well?
#8megaman1376Posted 9/14/2013 9:26:25 AM
userfrigginame posted...
You know you can choose to play sports games other than EA's, right? The only sport that I know that they have a monopoly on is football. I mean, why not just play PES then? Why not play NBA 2K? Why not criticize 2K that they're not doing a good enough job with their hockey and baseball games? Are you saying it's EAs fault (other than football) for other developers/publishers not doing a good job with their next gen games as well?

well as matter of fact they dont have a monopoly in gameplay but in names and teams PES looks good but when a name like "Manotoz" appears a cringe and left unsatisfied maybe is not important but is part of the problem
#9userfrigginamePosted 9/14/2013 9:30:28 AM
megaman1376 posted...
userfrigginame posted...

well as matter of fact they dont have a monopoly in gameplay but in names and teams PES looks good but when a name like "Manotoz" appears a cringe and left unsatisfied maybe is not important but is part of the problem

Okay, well I'll just mark that against EA too on top of the monopolies they have on the NFL and college football.
#10SORS_IMMANISPosted 9/14/2013 10:00:10 AM
American Football is f***ing terrible anyway.

It's fine when there's something actually happening, but that only represents about 2% of the actual viewing time. Americans are so nationalistic to watch their terrible sports, it's sickening.