Microsoft STILL doesn't see what they tried to do as wrong

#41BoxTheMuppetPosted 9/14/2013 11:36:48 AM
Thewinner14 posted...
BoxTheMuppet posted...
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Here's proof that they pulled the 180 for no other reason than to increase sales. No sense of wrongdoing, no sense of remorse. If it's legal (idk if it is or isn't) to "flip the switch" and being all those policies back a few years or so after the console launch, I truly believe they will do it.

http://www.gamesradar.com/microsoft-says-xbox-ones-original-vision-still-future-games/

This just disgusts me. Apparently, we're not forward-thinking enough for them.

Everyone jumping to Sony proves they aren't forward thinking.

You hate the kinect even though it will enhance gaming.
They tried to bring us closer to steam and PC but that was bad because heaven forbid you get games delivered to your console instead of having to go to a store and wait in line for them.
Most Sony people state they wanted ps3.5 and Xbox 540.
Integrating games/tv/entertainment is fine on tablets/PC/phones but try to give your gaming console more features and all of a sudden you hate gamers.

Yes that statement was absolutely correct.
They are looking into the future of entertainment. Cable companies are going to be a thing of the past. You will just have the app for your channel on your devices, like hbo go, and not have a cable box. As far as weak Internet people struggling to play online...you do know that 1gig Internet service is going to be world wide in a few years.

I would rather stick with a company that has planned for these things.

Do you sleep in a house before it's built? If MS tries to implement pre- 180 features when 1gig down is a world wide standard, people are more likely to accept it.

So out of everything I wrote you choose that? Ok let's run with it.

There still won't be Internet everywhere though. I said weak Internet. People who are in submarines underwater won't be able to play Xbox. Or if you live in some remote area. It is a vast minority that doesn't have the Internet and those numbers are dwindling. This is how it is now for me, I never unplug any of my devices everything is hooked up 24/7. It's like this for most people.

"Do you sleep in a house before its built?" It's called planning ahead...like as in for the future. I'm not saying I agreed with the 24 hour check in or its a brick, but you can't tell me one thing Sony has done to actually try anything new or innovative. It's just more of the same.

Another quick note about looking to the future. On the subject of 1 gig Internet, people laugh at the cloud because they don't believe that it can be used to steadily offload data but what happens when the 1 gig Internet hits? If it kinda works now where does that leave Sony when massive amounts of data can be put on the cloud with amazing speed to render more complex gaming functions? Sony doesn't have anywhere near the number of servers nor the money to build such an infrastructure.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#42Thewinner14Posted 9/14/2013 11:47:12 AM
Planning ahead is one thing, which is why ms' plans may work in the future - probably next generation. Implementing those things now before the infrastructure is there was foolish.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#43saleonkennedyPosted 9/14/2013 11:49:34 AM
They have not done a single thing wrong. If you dont like their new policies, then buy a ps4. They did change their policies so why are people still crying? I would have been fine with the original model with its policy plans set in place.

Ps4 fanboys are trolls trollin, but those who decided to cry about it are just spoiled brats. You and others like you have ruined the console for me even though at this time it is still a good console. Then you have the audacity to get on and try to shame them for doing things wrong in the first place. Even though they changed their console for the customers who cried. Instead they turned their backs on the the ones who stood by them. Can you see why I am dissapointed by this topic?
---
Not changing this sig until Leon Kennedy is in a fighting game. Started 7/14/2013
#44mrpicPosted 9/14/2013 11:55:34 AM
thats because they were attempting to create an evolution of console gaming with xbox live and online only games being the precident.

now we have half of what we were going to get and lots of upset people either way, personally with they had only changed the online check and the trade in issue the console would have been great
#45megaman1376Posted 9/14/2013 1:45:36 PM
saleonkennedy posted...
They have not done a single thing wrong. If you dont like their new policies, then buy a ps4. They did change their policies so why are people still crying? I would have been fine with the original model with its policy plans set in place.

Ps4 fanboys are trolls trollin, but those who decided to cry about it are just spoiled brats. You and others like you have ruined the console for me even though at this time it is still a good console. Then you have the audacity to get on and try to shame them for doing things wrong in the first place. Even though they changed their console for the customers who cried. Instead they turned their backs on the the ones who stood by them. Can you see why I am dissapointed by this topic?

i would said you are wrong most of the people decided that microsoft shouldnt have the control of their purchases and the fact is that you cant satisfy everybody but the problem that many people has is that they knew it was not a popular idea and that people were against it and still they pushed it
so people are wary because they fear that microsoft do another 180 and get back to the begining
also most of what you call ps4 fanboys were xbox 360 fanboys
#46PhoenixPrincePosted 9/14/2013 3:04:52 PM
saleonkennedy posted...

Keep telling yourself that, really. Do you think Microsoft browses GameFAQs looking for people's opinions? I bet you expect they gather valuable intelligence from /b/ too. They knew exactly how many preorders they were getting, that info was all readily available to them. So what happens? They pull up the data after E3. "Okay.. slow start, but we've got a fair few." A couple days after, "Not much of an increase.." Couple weeks after "Dang.. these numbers are really low. Not at all what we were hoping for. Maybe we need to change some things, get rid of that DRM."

Sure, the people dissatisfied had something to do with it, but I guarantee you it was their low numbers that made them change. If they had a million preorders, which is a really great launch, do you really think they'd have given a damn?
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
3DS FC: 4596-9684-4261
#47saleonkennedyPosted 9/14/2013 4:09:35 PM
PhoenixPrince posted...
saleonkennedy posted...

Keep telling yourself that, really. Do you think Microsoft browses GameFAQs looking for people's opinions? I bet you expect they gather valuable intelligence from /b/ too. They knew exactly how many preorders they were getting, that info was all readily available to them. So what happens? They pull up the data after E3. "Okay.. slow start, but we've got a fair few." A couple days after, "Not much of an increase.." Couple weeks after "Dang.. these numbers are really low. Not at all what we were hoping for. Maybe we need to change some things, get rid of that DRM."

Sure, the people dissatisfied had something to do with it, but I guarantee you it was their low numbers that made them change. If they had a million preorders, which is a really great launch, do you really think they'd have given a damn?
well yeah i did not mean that words changed their minds. It was the sales of pre orders they were getting. It was pretty horrible and still isnt anything like ps4.

I just cant wait for the xbox one to come out so i can get my hands on it.
---
Not changing this sig until Leon Kennedy is in a fighting game. Started 7/14/2013
#48CasualGamersPosted 9/14/2013 4:13:00 PM
saleonkennedy posted...

How have they ruined the console for you?
#49Troll_DirectoryPosted 9/14/2013 5:25:00 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Here's proof that they pulled the 180 for no other reason than to increase sales.

How did they know what to 180 first?
#50darkphiresagePosted 9/14/2013 6:09:43 PM
darkphiresage posted...
people who think MS would reduce the price of digital titles, or have "steamlike sales" are smoking that good s***. as of now, they have amazon, gamestop, gohastings, etc for competition dropping the price of physical releases weeks-months after release, along with used copies of those games to compete with as well as digital pc copies on steam. yet still, digital prices remain high. several times I've asked this, and no one was able to come up with an answer. let's try again.

if they don't lower digital prices now in the face of physical/digital competition that can be gotten much cheaper, what incentive would they have to lower them if consoles went all digital and pubs/devs/console manufacturers were able to set the price for every single copy of their games on the console?

just give it up. if they want to introduce a family sharing service that limits people to always online once they opt in, that's fine...brilliant even. but don't let them trick you into believing that all digital, always online will lead to steam sales at the cost of physical copies.

don't get me wrong, it would have been funny as hell had MS pulled it off. they had so many people believing it was worth it, (and still do), just by offering a very limited sharing plan who's only benefit over physical copies was loaning games to people over long distances and mentioning that maybe, possibly, probably at some time they could, kinda, sorta, give steamlike sales but not really. in return, they got complete control over distribution, (they could have made sure the only place you bought xbox games was from them), pricing, and the entire used games market. assuming they still intended to let one exist anyway. I can bring a game I beat in a month to gs and still get 20-$25 credit for it without trade-in deals, or just sell it on amazon for $45. I highly doubt MS would be that generous with their digital license trade in plan.

tldr: consoles don't have enough competition to warrant going all digital for a garbage family share plan. anyone who falls for it without a complete and binding contract outlining their business practices in detail, that cannot be amended any way, at any time they please without your approval, deserves the s***** console gen that awaits them.

MS wasn't trying to improve gaming for the consumer. they "didn't explain the benefits well" because there were no benefits for any of you. they had weeks to do it. you think a multibillion dollar company had to change their business plan because they couldn't find the right words to describe the benefits to the consumer?...over a time period of a few weeks? I'll come right out and say that anyone who believes that is an idiot.

each and every policy they had to reverse, was blatantly created to line their pockets full of cash while placing restrictions on consumers. this includes the forced purchase of kinect. they improved the tech to watch your mood, heart rate, track your eyes, and see how many people were in a room. is it a coincidence that none those will improve gameplay, but are an advertiser's wet dream? is it a coincidence that the one video demonstration we've seen of two girls playing a fighting game shows that the kinect is still laughably terrible in the one area that counts?

"the future of gaming" was code for "you're gonna pay us to restrict you, and you'll like it. now bend over." ffs...get real people. the worst part is, there's still so many people whining about missing out on "the future" when it's still entirely possible to go all digital, and has been for quite a while. you just escaped having to get f***** for the privilege.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.