Why are PS4 fanboys so obsessed with the Xbox One? It has barely any advantages

#221LordElohimPosted 9/16/2013 6:34:59 AM
Wow, that was a lot of reading to feel informed enough to comment. Not that much in the way of "information" was slinged here, but I would feel bad about commenting if I hadn't read it all. I'm not going to write up the several-post response that I very well could, I just want to touch on a few things that bugged me throughout.

First off, the key to a *credible* WRITTEN argument is being respectful, checking grammar, checking punctuation, checking spelling, and checking capitalization. If you can't do these things if the point is to make your argument seem valid and respectable, I'm not going to respect your argument, and no one else should, either. The reason this is my first point is thus: in several responses, TC refers to fanboys as "fanboys," which is fine. A fanboy is someone with strong allegiance to one company or another, in this case Sony or Microsoft, who argues vehemently in favor of that company against any or most opposition. So, I am okay with that in proper context. However, in several other responses, TC uses the term "Ponies," a term that in the current social climate of the world would be considered both deragatory and demamatory. If you need to degrade others to make your argument more valid, your argument has no validity to begin with. To use it in a metaphor, this is tantamount to calling African Americans "black people" in one sentiment, and n*****s in another sentiment. It serves to make you look childish, whether the person you are referring to was acting childish to begin with or not is irrelevant.

Second, and this irks me on a very "Grammar Nazi" type level; we live in a digital era in which everything gets shortened, for one reason or another. No one can be bothered to type laughing out loud, so we get LOL. No one can be bothered to type be right back, so we get BRB. However, the majority of those referring to Blu-ray in this topic have been typing "blue ray." This is both counterintuitive and incorrect. Why, in this day and age, would anyone be ADDING a letter to anything? Blu ray is fine, bluray is fine, Blu-ray is correct. Why should anyone take what you say seriously if you don't take what you say seriously?

Third, someone on the first page mentioned they have 20MB/s internet. I believe the user was "sworder." Well, if that is true, then hurray for you being able to afford $200+ a month for your internet service, but most of us are "average" people. The national average internet speed is 18.2 Mb/s. You claim 20MB/s and yes, that capital "B" versus lowercase "b" makes a huge difference. If you meant 20 Mb/s, then this argument is mostly moot, but again, I am emphasizing how important it is to know what you are conveying if you wish to be taken seriously.

Fourth, and I think this is the most on topic of my nitpicking; So, TC, it is fair to call the Kinect an advantage, citing something like being able to use it like a mouse, but there has been no mention from you or anyone else about the DS4 having a touch pad, which in regard to this argument, would act identically to a touchpad? Doesn't that seem unfair? The voice commands notwithstanding, anything Kinect can do with hand gestures, an identical game on the PS4 could do with touchpad gestures. And if you are seriously arguing that using Kinect hand gestures in a game is easier than YOUR THUMB ALREADY BEING ON THE ANALOG STICK, that just gives me another reason, on top of an existing multitude, not to take you seriously.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim @ Hades
#222MetroidFan9999Posted 9/16/2013 6:55:56 AM(edited)
DesperateMonkey posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
.....my post was a "made up statistic"?

Wow, I've seen it all, LOL. Well you continue on with this laughable charade, just had to call you out on the funny stuff.

Core gamers do not like the kinect, no matter how "kewl" you want to market it.

Oh, I'm sorry, I must have missed the link to your source!

Oh I'm sorry, I must have thought you had common sense!

I guess you want to continue this game of yours, that's fine. When you choose to come back to reality, we'll be waiting.

I know you want to continue using your own "statistic" that Sony somehow had plans to do everything MS planned to do originally, MS just went first and got all the backlash. That feedback, of course, caused Sony to reverse themselves!

I mean, you must have a source for this, for claiming it as complete FACT in your last topic.

And you wonder why only the most extreme MS fans are on your side in this topic (pblimp, for example).
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#223cruzateuPosted 9/16/2013 7:04:43 AM
cruzateu posted...
pblimp360 posted...
cruzateu posted...
TC! I thank you for releasing your fanboy side so i can add you to my" MS fanboy list"( pblimp(idiot1), you(idiot2), teehee23(the preacher), pigman(the double face) and mrimpatient(the constructive). The reason i like this board is because of people like you =3

And I thank you for releasing your troll side guy I've never once said anything to, but is now listed as "Sony Troll"! You trolls don't get numbers as you're all cookie-cutter simpletons in the end. The reason I don't like PS4 fanboys are because of people (if you can even call yourself that at this point) like you make it easy to ignore you. ^_^

Yet i don't have any negative posts about the X1. Keep trying though. It's quite funny.
And i just remembered jeffandhisbanjo lol.

Looks like someone can't handle positivity about XB1. I hope he ignores me soon so that he won't be in this topic anymore. Its good when the trash take themselves out

-> complain about a person "putting words in his mounth"
->" put words in my mounth"

Stupidity and hipocrisy at its best.
#224DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 7:11:49 AM(edited)
cruzateu posted...
cruzateu posted...
pblimp360 posted...
cruzateu posted...
TC! I thank you for releasing your fanboy side so i can add you to my" MS fanboy list"( pblimp(idiot1), you(idiot2), teehee23(the preacher), pigman(the double face) and mrimpatient(the constructive). The reason i like this board is because of people like you =3

And I thank you for releasing your troll side guy I've never once said anything to, but is now listed as "Sony Troll"! You trolls don't get numbers as you're all cookie-cutter simpletons in the end. The reason I don't like PS4 fanboys are because of people (if you can even call yourself that at this point) like you make it easy to ignore you. ^_^

Yet i don't have any negative posts about the X1. Keep trying though. It's quite funny.
And i just remembered jeffandhisbanjo lol.

Looks like someone can't handle positivity about XB1. I hope he ignores me soon so that he won't be in this topic anymore. Its good when the trash take themselves out

-> complain about a person "putting words in his mounth"
->" put words in my mounth"

Stupidity and hipocrisy at its best.

Not at all. I made this assumption because you ignored me for being positive about the XB1. There is very little other reason. Its called a deduction. Putting words in your mouth requires that no logical deduction was made and that a completely unrelated accusation has been made about you.

E.G, Bluray was bad on the PS3 gets turned into Bluray is bad forever.

Edit: I should say you pretended you were going to ignore me. In reality you are just a troll using that statement as some kind of attack. You aren't ignoring anyone. Claiming you will ignore someone is one of the lowest forms of argumentation on GFaqs.

@Lordelohim

Wow, you are hyping up your own opinion like anyone cares. The touchpad isn't even close to being as free as hand gestures. Neither did I say people can't list it as an advantage. If you think you get the same range of control then you are joking yourself.

Also, taking my hand off of the controller to drag and drop items in an inventory is now harder than using a crappy analog stick to navigate? Jesus fanboys are getting crazier by the moment.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#225LordElohimPosted 9/16/2013 7:21:18 AM
And you just degraded your position even further by calling me a fanboy completely and utterly out of hand. At no point did I show favor in either direction. You overhyping the Kinect shows "fanboy" tendencies on your part. I have both systems preordered for launch, and I have a Wii U, a 3DS and a Vita. Assuming I am a fanboy because I made a very realistic parallel to your argument, in it's current state, does not make me a fanboy, a term you are throwing at anyone that disagrres with you, the very definition of fanboyism. How about two years from now, you come back here and tell everyone how awesome all of the features are in all of the new non-Kinect specific games. Right, because now that it isn't always on, it's going to get used in non-Kinect titles far less than it was already going to get used when Kinect was always on. You have a borderline obsession with Kinect, an obsession I can promise you the gaming community at large does not share. And yes, before you attack me again, I have a Kinect. I have used it, in both Kinect games and in non-Kinect games. It does not add anything to gaming from the standpoint of a core gamer.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim @ Hades
#226MetroidFan9999Posted 9/16/2013 7:23:18 AM
LordElohim posted...
And you just degraded your position even further by calling me a fanboy completely and utterly out of hand. At no point did I show favor in either direction. You overhyping the Kinect shows "fanboy" tendencies on your part. I have both systems preordered for launch, and I have a Wii U, a 3DS and a Vita. Assuming I am a fanboy because I made a very realistic parallel to your argument, in it's current state, does not make me a fanboy, a term you are throwing at anyone that disagrres with you, the very definition of fanboyism. How about two years from now, you come back here and tell everyone how awesome all of the features are in all of the new non-Kinect specific games. Right, because now that it isn't always on, it's going to get used in non-Kinect titles far less than it was already going to get used when Kinect was always on. You have a borderline obsession with Kinect, an obsession I can promise you the gaming community at large does not share. And yes, before you attack me again, I have a Kinect. I have used it, in both Kinect games and in non-Kinect games. It does not add anything to gaming from the standpoint of a core gamer.

Your case is crumbling around you, TC.
---
#227zmd22Posted 9/16/2013 7:30:13 AM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
MetroidFan9999 posted...
.....my post was a "made up statistic"?

Wow, I've seen it all, LOL. Well you continue on with this laughable charade, just had to call you out on the funny stuff.

Core gamers do not like the kinect, no matter how "kewl" you want to market it.

Oh, I'm sorry, I must have missed the link to your source!

Oh I'm sorry, I must have thought you had common sense!

I guess you want to continue this game of yours, that's fine. When you choose to come back to reality, we'll be waiting.

I know you want to continue using your own "statistic" that Sony somehow had plans to do everything MS planned to do originally, MS just went first and got all the backlash. That feedback, of course, caused Sony to reverse themselves!

I mean, you must have a source for this, for claiming it as complete FACT in your last topic.

And you wonder why only the most extreme MS fans are on your side in this topic (pblimp, for example).

Here's a link for you.

http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/sony-changed-playstation-4-drm-policy-after-xbox-one-outrage/

And

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/23755/ps4-did-have-always-on-drm-camera-but-sony-changed-it-at-e3

This on too

http://kotaku.com/5896996/the-next-playstation-is-called-orbis-sources-say-here-are-the-details
#228cruzateuPosted 9/16/2013 7:32:29 AM

Not at all. I made this assumption because you ignored me for being positive about the XB1. There is very little other reason. Its called a deduction. Putting words in your mouth requires that no logical deduction was made and that a completely unrelated accusation has been made about you.

Edit: I should say you pretended you were going to ignore me. In reality you are just a troll using that statement as some kind of attack. You aren't ignoring anyone. Claiming you will ignore someone is one of the lowest forms of argumentation on GFaqs.

Pathetic, utterly pathetic. Where do i state that i was going to ignore you? I can just add ms fanboy to your name. Again hipocrisy and stupidity at its best.

You made a stupid assumption, i do like constructive posts or positive ones, i don't like blind fanboys and illogical arguments. Likewise, what you're doing.

Oh yeah deduction is taken from a general premisse, you only saw one of my posts(particular case), so it's not a deduction and again you're stupid for saying so.

If you want to stop embarassing yourself i suggest you block me.
#229MetroidFan9999Posted 9/16/2013 7:38:43 AM
zmd22 posted...
Here's a link for you.

http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/sony-changed-playstation-4-drm-policy-after-xbox-one-outrage/

And

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/23755/ps4-did-have-always-on-drm-camera-but-sony-changed-it-at-e3

This on too

http://kotaku.com/5896996/the-next-playstation-is-called-orbis-sources-say-here-are-the-details

The source of those just claims that Yoshida stated the reaction was useful for message going forward, there is no indication at all that they had these policies in place from the beginning...
---
#230DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 7:54:26 AM
cruzateu posted...

Pathetic, utterly pathetic. Where do i state that i was going to ignore you? I can just add ms fanboy to your name. Again hipocrisy and stupidity at its best.

You made a stupid assumption, i do like constructive posts or positive ones, i don't like blind fanboys and illogical arguments. Likewise, what you're doing.

Please list some of these "illogical" arguments. Thanks.

And lol at LordElo and Metroid. Fanboys who think they are stealthy. GG.

Guy comes in here, pretends he above attacking people, then presumes to attack and troll people.

You guys are terrible at this and I love how Metroid is patronizing people because he claimed what he said were "truths" or "facts" and is now just trying to attack me like a rabid dog because I asked him to back up those claims.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H