Why are PS4 fanboys so obsessed with the Xbox One? It has barely any advantages

#301zmd22Posted 9/17/2013 12:45:32 PM
Their position was not clearly stated before E3. You are wrong. The truth is both MS and Sony were going to have the same DRM policies. For some mysterious reason Sony and game publishers changed their minds. Do you really think that a multi billion dollar company would make a announcement that was so out of the norm that it would cost them market share? Sure you can name some blunders they have made before, what company hasn't, but nothing like this. It just doesn't make sense. Unless they thought Sony and publishers were gong to go along with it.
I would like to hear your explanation for MS getting blindsided like they did?

What I don't get is why all you Sony fans care so much about which console is better. At this point, it is pure speculation. No one knows for sure what's inside except that the PS4 has DDR5 ram. lol So what if the PS4 is better? Will it cure cancer or bring world peace? Arguing about something that is so subjective is pointless. Its not a piece of machinery that can be timed or what ever. Trying to "WIN" an internet argument is just plain dumb. It is the internet after all. Having a discussion is great, but winning? What a joke. lol
#302zmd22Posted 9/17/2013 12:55:31 PM
http://www.gamespot.com//news/battlefield-4-on-xbox-one-could-feature-head-tracking-6414538?

Would be cool if you could look around with out changing your direction. would be way better emersion.

I guess you guys with PS4's will get left out of this. Since core gamers don't want motion control. lol
#303MetroidFan9999Posted 9/17/2013 1:01:00 PM
zmd22 posted...
Their position was not clearly stated before E3. You are wrong. The truth is both MS and Sony were going to have the same DRM policies.

Really?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-the-big-interview-sonys-shuhei-yoshida-on-ps4

DAY of PS4 reveal:

Eurogamer: Does the console always need to be connected to the internet?

Shuhei Yoshida: You can play offline, but you may want to keep it connected. The system has the low-power mode - I don't know the official term - that the main system is shut down but the subsystem is awake. Downloading or updating or you can wake it up using either the tablet, smartphone or PS Vita.

Eurogamer: Are all of those things optional? For people who have broadband data limits, for example? They can customise everything?

Shuhei Yoshida: Oh yes, yes, you can go offline totally. Social is big for us, but we understand there are some people who are anti-social! So if you don't want to connect to anyone else, you can do that.

Eurogamer: One of the questions my readers really want an answer to is whether you're going to block the use of second-hand or 'used' games, because it's a huge concern for them.

Shuhei Yoshida: Do you want us to do that?

Eurogamer: No. I think if you buy something on a disc you have a kind of moral contract with the person you've bought it from that you retain some of that value and you can pass it on. Do you agree?

Shuhei Yoshida: Yes. That's the general expectation by consumers. They purchase physical form, they want to use it everywhere, right? So that's my expectation.

Eurogamer: So if someone buys a PlayStation 4 game, you're not going to stop them reselling it?

Shuhei Yoshida Aaaah. [Asks PR adviser.] So what was our official answer to our internal question? [Consults adviser.] So, used games can play on PS4. How is that?

These are FAR from physical DRM/24 hour checkin/always online actions one would be taking. There is absolutely no indication whatsoever that ANY of MS's pre-reversal policies would have been implement by Sony.

For some mysterious reason Sony and game publishers changed their minds.

Really? We are dealing in "mysteries" here? "Well I can't definitively prove this is the direction publishers and Sony were going for...but they did mysteriously give it up! No no...I can't prove that either, sorry...."

I'm sorry, hearsay and rumors from your article just do not cut it when deciphering a company's intention....

Do you really think that a multi billion dollar company would make a announcement that was so out of the norm that it would cost them market share? Sure you can name some blunders they have made before, what company hasn't, but nothing like this. It just doesn't make sense. Unless they thought Sony and publishers were gong to go along with it.
I would like to hear your explanation for MS getting blindsided like they did?

Have you SEEN or READ what these executives were claiming after their announcement and E3? They LEGITIMATELY thought this was the route to go.

You have Mattrick telling people without the means to go online...to #DEALWITHIT or buy a 360. You have numerous articles claiming the Xbox One was designed with advertising in mind. Company's have been known to f*** up on their own accord, I don't understand why people on this board find that notion so hard to accept. Companies are not perfect.

What a joke. lol

Yeah I agree.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#304Shik_stickPosted 9/17/2013 1:43:06 PM
chrish909 posted...
They are scared. X1 can do way more than ps4. X1 will not get hacked like psn will. X1 is about to get advertised like crazy while sony cant afford anything. X1 lineup embarasses ps4s. X1 controller is actually an upgrade. Sony lost 50 million consumers like gen while xbox gained 50 million. Sony as a company will not exist in 10 years, look it up.

Basically ms is about to own sony, and the fanboys sense the end sp they are doing one last delusion parade before the whle ship goes down.

Killzone is releasing against cod ghosts and bf4. I honestly barely consider driveclub or knack nest gen games. Do people really think a drving game with time trials only, will sell? Its laughable to think any of these will do well.

Baaaahahahahahahahah oh wow...the fact that you said "own" the way you did tells everyone that you are not to be taken seriously. Plus, there's the little fact that all of your points are flat out false.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#305monegamesPosted 9/17/2013 2:05:28 PM
As I mentioned earlier Dedicated servers are not an advantage of either console at this point. It was even confirmed that servers provided by MS's cloud do have a cost and that not all online games would use the cloud dedicated servers.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/17/phil-spencer-teases-unannounced-xbox-one-exclusive-japanese-title-talks-cpu-upclock-cloud-and-more/

Spencer also talked about three main uses for Xbox One’s cloud services at launch

• The first is to provide dedicated servers for Call of Duty: Ghosts, codenamed “ThunderHead.” In this case the cloud provides the developer with a low-cost online environment on a consistent basis. In the future there will be many games taking advantage of those dedicated servers.
#306zmd22Posted 9/17/2013 2:53:42 PM
Hey your the one who used the term "mystery" The article's you cite have the hearsay and rumors in them too. (part of them) lol Not just mine.
What is this quote from?
"Well I can't definitively prove this is the direction publishers and Sony were going for...but they did mysteriously give it up! No no...I can't prove that either, sorry...."
Is this what you said?

Where is Mattrik now? Gone. Maybe he was a disgruntled employee who was out to hurt MS. Could happen. I said companies are not perfect. geez. You need to remember that Sony not perfect either. I think you miss this point too often. And again, Mattricks comments made as much sense as the whole DRM announcement unless they thought everyone was on board. He must have been high! lol Besides, what's you point? Yeah they said it, still doesn't change the difference's in the two consoles.

If you take out all the things that both consoles do the same, list the difference's, the Xbox One offers more features. Simple. But, to answer if these are "Better" depends on what's important to you. Me personally, I want my box to do more then play games. No one can argue that if your not watching a game side by side, you wont know the difference. Well some of you can, but you'll argue about anything.lol There are too many factors to make graphics the number one factor in deciding which box is better. Like your TV. I mean really! Come on guy's. I don't think anyone has seen how good the graphics are on the PS4, (I might have missed it) but one thing for sure, they look great on PC's and dev kits. lol At PAX, Sony wasn't using PS4's they were using dev kits.

http://www.geekwire.com/2013/pax-xbox-ps4-face-show-floor-sorta/

Now that's funny!!
#307zmd22Posted 9/17/2013 3:00:12 PM
monegames posted...
As I mentioned earlier Dedicated servers are not an advantage of either console at this point. It was even confirmed that servers provided by MS's cloud do have a cost and that not all online games would use the cloud dedicated servers.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/17/phil-spencer-teases-unannounced-xbox-one-exclusive-japanese-title-talks-cpu-upclock-cloud-and-more/

Spencer also talked about three main uses for Xbox One’s cloud services at launch

• The first is to provide dedicated servers for Call of Duty: Ghosts, codenamed “ThunderHead.” In this case the cloud provides the developer with a low-cost online environment on a consistent basis. In the future there will be many games taking advantage of those dedicated servers.

One thing is for sure, MS has way more servers then Sony though. Call of duty Black ops 2 is using dedicated servers now for pub match's. Sort'a confirmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6FFnEQI3Zs
#308LordElohimPosted 9/17/2013 11:58:46 PM
First and foremost, Metroid, please do not take your ball and go home. Thus far, you have been the most interesting and RATIONAL thing about this thread. You've been making arguments using facts, and logic, and reason. You know, debate. You even admitted to being a fanboy, but you are still here trying to discuss, instead of pointing fingers, and calling people n*****s like TC. TC, as it relates to that, I will once again state that your arguing position diminishes, little by little, every time you call someone a "ponie," either simply for disagreeing with you, or for any other reason. It is a derogatory term, which you are knowingly using in a deragatory manner to denigrate other individuals trying to have an open dialogue with you.

Now, let's start over, most importantly removing Kinect from your arbitrary list of advantages. Simply because you made the topic does not give you carte blanche to add whatever you like to either column as it relates to you, specifically. So first, we are going to define "advantage" as it pertains to this specific argument. In terms of XBOne vs PS4, my opinion would be that an advantage is a feature or talking point which is a boon to one system, and an object of contention or jealously to those in favor of the other system. It is NOT an advantage simply because the XBone has it and the PS4 does not.

6 player controller Kinect nonsense out of the box, no. If the system does not come with a 6 player Kinect game packed in, for free, a 6 player Kinect experience extravaganza is just theoretical, like Gaikai, or software sharing, or whatever. You also never mentioned the XBOne supporting 8 simultaneous controllers, and I imagine it's because no developer will EVER use it. However, I am going to be as fair about this point of contention as possible. The Kinect, I mean. Since the system is still 2 months off, we can not poll XBOne owners and ask them "is the Kinect a perceived advantage over PS4?" So, since that presently can't be quantified, let's instead use data we can quantify.

I like to call this segment "fun with numbers." According to the XBOX 360 Wiki, 78.2 million XBOX 360s have been sold worldwide as of June 2013. Now, can we agree that 100 percent of XBOX 360 owners own an XBOX 360? This will be important once we reach the "majority" portion of our lesson. Since, in the present console generation Kinect is optional, that means that 78.2 million consumers have the OPTION to buy a Kinect, or not buy one. Again, this time using the Kinect Wiki as a reference, 24 million Kinects have been sold, worldwide, as of February 2013. That is a few months difference from the XBOX 360 update date, so let's call it 25 million. This means it is fair to extrapolate that of 78 million people surveyed, 25 million have stated "yes, I would like or use a Kinect." Are you familiar with the term "majority?" A majority is when one number of a group is larger than another. A 50/50 split, for instance, has no majority. A 51/49 split has a majority. Do you follow? In my scenario, 100 percent of consumers were given a choice, "do you want a Kinect?" In this quantifiable study, a resounding 66+ percent, the majority, if you will, have declared "no, I do not want a Kinect." Microsoft has responded with "well, if you want an XBOX now, you get a Kinect, too bad." That is not an advantage, that is a dishonest, strongarm tactic. I was even fine with it when it was always on, but now it doesn't even need to be plugged in, so for those 66+ percent, congratulations, you just paid an extra $100 to get the game console you wanted with a paperweight.

If you want your advantage list to be at all reasonable, it needs to be agreed upon by those you decided to open the discussion to, which is everyone here.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim @ Hades
#309LordElohimPosted 9/18/2013 12:04:45 AM
Two months from now, Microsoft is probably going to make completely ridiculous claims, despite being true. "We are extremely elated to announce, just a few days into our launch window, that the XBOX One and Kinect have a 100 percent attach rate." "This is such an incredible accomplishment, this proves that the consumer really wants a motion sensor input device." "We couldn't be happier with these numbers." -Microsoft, in two months.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim @ Hades
#3102ndAtomiskPosted 9/18/2013 12:26:07 AM
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine