Why are PS4 fanboys so obsessed with the Xbox One? It has barely any advantages

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why are PS4 fanboys so obsessed with the Xbox One? It has barely any advantages
2 years ago#321
Or just list the advantages of the XB1 which are a plenty. This board is flooded with PS4 fanboys. Its really an obsession with PS4 people coming to the XB1 board to bash it. Look at SD1 trying to say that the PS3 was right to make bluray while the XB1 is wrong to make Kinect and use MGS4 to try and prove this even though it was way worse than any kind of disc change in history... Look at Metroid trying to tell us that dedicated servers aren't an advantage but Gaikai is...

You guys are too obsessed with making sure people don't say positive things about the XB1. Notice how the reverse isn't happening here? No one is saying Sony has terrible features that no one is going to use or that graphics don't matter or any of that BS.

Its a pretty one sided obsession. Metroid attacks me for simply not listing Gaikai as an advantage and uses my not listing it as my REFUSAL to acknowledge it even though I had not issue acknowledging it. His "reasoning" for it being ok to not list XB1 features is because he listed them for me E.e'

Oh the paranoia...
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
2 years ago#322
DesperateMonkey posted...

Provide me one quote where someone says everyone who speaks negatively is a Sony Pony? I speak negatively about it all the time. I don't consider myself a Pony at all.

Let's analyze your first post a little bit here....

Seems PS4 fanboys are going crazy trying to bash the Xbox One. But most of their attacks seem completely irrelevant.

They are not irrelevant in any way. they are legitimate complaints.

They say MS does 180's. So what? Sony does this all the time. Took out BC, added in rumble, said hates achievements then adds trophies, says Bluray is good for games but proves Bluray makes games slower and not bigger, charges $600 for a console and is now going standard parts because of the failure, no headset but now headset, no subscription but now subscription, etc etc. There is no difference between the two companies on this front and Sony will do whatever it can to make profit much more desperately than MS will.

How the hell are Sony's 180s anything like MS's? You're seriously saying the 180s with DRM and Kinect are similar the launch of the PS3 and the launch of the PS4? The two issues are so incredibly different, It's almost pointless for me to even point out why. Sony learned lessons from the PS3 launch and worked to correct it with the start of the next gen. Microsoft aimed to start off the next gen by making Kinect mandatory, and restricting gamers from things such as playing a single player game without logging in, lending games to or borrowing from their friends, and even putting a restriction on the used games market that helped them get money from used game purchases -- all with a 500$ price tag.

So let's think about this...
Sony's 180s - lessons learned from the PS3 launch
Microsoft's 180s - "whoops, we're about to lose TONS of money! We're getting our asses kicked in preorders, maybe we should take out these things everyone is complaining about!"

Then we have silly talks about advertisements. This is nothing but a distraction Sony fanboys are putting up due to a poor launch lineup. They only have Killzone as a major PS4 title so they say because MS has advertising, they aren't "focused" on games.

That does not make sense. I highly doubt that "Sony Fanboys" are bringing up the slew of advertisements as defense for the "lack of launch titles" bravado. If anything, MS's lack of focus on games would come more from the fact that they boast a lot about TV, social features, kinect, and sports.

NSA/Spybox? Another silly catch phrase. People post much more private information about themselves on Facebook/twitter/youtube but why aren't we complaining about those? Do you see Xbox people going over to the PS4 boards and listing security as the reason to not get a PS4? Thats right... most people would rather marketers have access to information than to have their credit and personal info leaked to hackers.

How is being spied on by the government through something like Kinect anything like a person putting any sort of information about themselves on youtube or facebook. How do you NOT see the differences in this?

I also like how you imply that someone's information is not safe on PSN because it is leaked to hackers. Quite a silly shot at PSN. Whether or not you choose to believe it, this could happen to XBL as well. It actually has numerous times

The other hilarious thing about Kinect is that Ponies try to list it as a negative. But it isn't a negative. It can only be a positive.

Wow... I'm not even sure how to touch this silly notion...
---
Proud Pest. O and A Party Rock!
Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite
2 years ago#323
Con't...

When trying to discredit people for not providing sources, you should first be sure you can provide a source for the statement you are attacking...

My source is your first post alone. You keep implying that it is only the PS4 fanboys that have these issues with the Xbox One and using them to bash the Xbox One. Nowhere did you say anything "gamers" or "everyone" which would have been more appropriate since it's also Xbox fans that bash the Xbox One. But nope, you stuck with "PS4 Fanboys and "Ponies." Way to go.

Furthermore, If you yourself bash the Xbox One all the time as you claim, how do you bash it without using any of these facts and statements? These are legitimate complaints given Microsoft's arrogance and foolishness in the last couple of months. Your entire post is in defense of Microsoft against "PS4 Fanboys."

When attacking my statements, perhaps it is YOU that should be providing a source. Saying you bash the Xbox One all the time? What's your source? What is your proof that you aren't some Xbot trying to be stealthy?

The answer is: You have no source. You have no proof. Your statements in your posts say enough.

---
2 years ago#324
Finally, someone else RATIONALLY calling TC out on his crap. Also notice that while trying to continue riling up all of the people he was already riling up, he ignored my post entirely, as he could not reasonably argue any of my points.

One of my biggest issues here, meaning this site, is that the XBOX One board should be solely about discussing the XBOX One, as in, general discussion. Not as it relates to PS4, not as it relates to Sony, but as it relates to itself, to Microsoft, and to gamers at large. The same should be true of the PS4 board. Yet, neither of these are true. The XBOne board seems to be primarily people bashing it, or people from the PS4 board coming here to stir up trouble. There is very little discussion about the system itself or the games going on. If you are someone that knows they are buying an XBOne, and doesn't even want a PS4, you have no business on the PS4 board. Likewise, all of the Sony fanboys that are buying a PS4, and wouldn't own an XBOne if it was given to them, well they have no business here.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim @ Hades
2 years ago#325
I remember this exact topic, more or less, from the PS3 board when it launched, with 360 fanboys being obsessed about the PS3.

I wonder...
2 years ago#326
Oh god, I can't believe lordelohim is still here... Your post was a joke and was taken as such. Oanda actually clearly red the topic unlike you and has much more relevant counter arguments. Please don't try to tag your credibility to other people just because its non-existent otherwise.

@Oanda

1)They are legitimate complaints that are irrelevant to performance. Complaining is not rational or useful when its about things that are positive or not on the system.

2)I have no idea what you are trying to say with the 180's being different.

Sony's 180s - lessons learned from the PS3 launch
Microsoft's 180s - "whoops, we're about to lose TONS of money! We're getting our asses kicked in preorders, maybe we should take out these things everyone is complaining about!"

Only through fanboy goggles could this statement make sense. You are saying Sony did not change because their business model was failing and unappealing? Sony changed for the EXACT same reasons. They completely destroyed the Xbox and expected to do so this generation but instead, had to play catch up and was quickly losing its market share to both the Wii and Xbox. They went from top dog to sharing the bottom spot with Xbox 360.

Sony would not have thought they made a mistake if gamers didn't complain... the issues are exactly the same.

3)Actually, you are incorrect. So many fanboys are talking about how "lol MS is TV focused, they don't care about games". But this is completely irrelevant. MS currently has more investment in their launch titles and also has thrown down more money for future exclusives. TV being advertised is a distraction. There are tons of topics and comments that go along the lines of "lol, enjoy Football since you aren't gonna have anything to play!"

Then when people respond with the launch games, they find things to say they are all garbage. Obviously not everyone makes baseless complaints but the vast majority is just trolling.

4)
How is being spied on by the government through something like Kinect anything like a person putting any sort of information about themselves on youtube or facebook. How do you NOT see the differences in this?

I never said it was the same. I said people have different privacy concerns. You are confusing the argument and then disagreeing with your confused argument. Many people don't care or believe the government is already watching everything whenever it WANTS to.

I also like how you imply that someone's information is not safe on PSN because it is leaked to hackers. Quite a silly shot at PSN. Whether or not you choose to believe it, this could happen to XBL as well. It actually has numerous times

Citation forthcoming? I'm very curious about when this happened.

5)How is Kinect not an advantage? You just posted a non-argument.

6)

My source is your first post alone. You keep implying that it is only the PS4 fanboys that have these issues with the Xbox One and using them to bash the Xbox One.

Uh... no I didn't. You are just making assumptions, generalizing and using hyperboles or trying to frame this as a false dichotomy of positions. Nothing in there says anything about ONLY PS4 fanboys.

7)You make a hilarious statement saying I need to prove I bashed the XB1. Actually its quite clear I bashed the XB1 to anyone on the PC boards. I was also completely bashing XB1 based on FACTS. Because when I bashed them, it was when they were employing those silly DRM policies. You also ask me for proof when I've already told other posters many times where to find it... in the LINK THEY POSTED.

You half assed this one.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
2 years ago#327
DesperateMonkey posted...

1)They are legitimate complaints that are irrelevant to performance. Complaining is not rational or useful when its about things that are positive or not on the system.

It doesn't matter if they are relevant to performance or not. They are still legitimate negatives of the Xbox One. If you want to talk about performance, the PS4's performance is vastly superior to the Xbox One. So there's another negative for the Xbox One and a positive about the PS4 you failed to mention when it came to comparing advantages of the two systems. Have you seen the specs?

First party titles on PS3 had dedicated servers and first party titles on PS4 will run the same. Sure, don't mention that for PS4, but mention it for Xbox One. Lol.

2)I have no idea what you are trying to say with the 180's being different.

Only through fanboy goggles could this statement make sense. You are saying Sony did not change because their business model was failing and unappealing? Sony changed for the EXACT same reasons. They completely destroyed the Xbox and expected to do so this generation but instead, had to play catch up and was quickly losing its market share to both the Wii and Xbox. They went from top dog to sharing the bottom spot with Xbox 360.

Sony would not have thought they made a mistake if gamers didn't complain... the issues are exactly the same.

"Only through fanboy goggles could this statement make sense." Wow...Not at all. Sony learned from their mistakes of the PS3 launch. Microsoft could have worked to not screw up the way Sony did at the start of last gen. Instead, they screwed up worse. Not to mention Blu Ray was kind of a new thing and PSN was in it's earlier, less-developed days. There weren't 180s for the sake of money. There were improvements for the sake of gamers. Look at the Xbox One's 180s. All done for the sake of money. When MS learned of the preorder totals, they crapped their pants and switch it all around so that they could sell their console. Gamers complained over and over, but they didn't listen until preorder totals started appearing.

The PS3 was and still is quite a powerful console, but at the time it was not worth the $600 price tag. So naturally, improvements were made to satisfy the owners and rake in more consumers: Improvements included: The system's library of games, PSN, prices were dropped, and eventually free games were given to PS+ Subscribers which gave even more incentive to have PS+.
---
2 years ago#328
Con't...

3)Actually, you are incorrect. So many fanboys are talking about how "lol MS is TV focused, they don't care about games". But this is completely irrelevant. MS currently has more investment in their launch titles and also has thrown down more money for future exclusives. TV being advertised is a distraction. There are tons of topics and comments that go along the lines of "lol, enjoy Football since you aren't gonna have anything to play!"

Then when people respond with the launch games, they find things to say they are all garbage. Obviously not everyone makes baseless complaints but the vast majority is just trolling.

See, there you go with the mentioning of fanboys again. You fail to understand that it isn't just a bunch of fanboys, dude. It's gamers everywhere. You don't need to be a fanboy of any other rival company or system to realize that MS is veering off the path that gamers want them to focus on: Gaming.

Microsoft has always had strong launch line-ups. But what about after that? What exclusives are coming to the Xbox One after launch leading up to November 2014(Halo)? Don't say Titanfall. Anyone can play that if they have a good enough PC or a 360. What is going to come after Halo? Everyone keeps bragging about "Black Tusk Studios un-announced game." But dude... that's such a relatively new studio and whatever they are working on is still at least 2 years away. Has it even been shown yet? What other future exclusives will MS bring? Will future exclusives stay exclusives or will they be timed exclusives and/or be on PC as well just like the majority of games on the 360? You say MS is throwing money for more future exclusives, but will they all be any good? You don't have to be a desperate fanboy searching for reasons why Xbox One exclusives are garbage. Look at the studio bringing killer instinct. Look at all the negativity surrounding that game and why. Look at Ryse with it's bland and dull looking gameplay. You think people are just nit-picking that and calling it garbage because of PS4's mediocre launch line-up?

I never said it was the same. I said people have different privacy concerns. You are confusing the argument and then disagreeing with your confused argument. Many people don't care or believe the government is already watching everything whenever it WANTS to.

Of course people have different privacy concerns. That's why many don't mind sharing a few things on facebook as opposed to possibly being watched all the time with everything going on in the room being heard and/or recorded by the government/NSA to make sure you aren't a terrorist. Microsoft. NSA. Prism. Google those three things and you will find out why people are skeptical.
---
2 years ago#329
Con't Part 3...

Citation forthcoming? I'm very curious about when this happened.

Re-read your own statement. How is that not a shot against PSN? You're obviously referring to the PSN hack of 2011. Come on, man.

5)How is Kinect not an advantage? You just posted a non-argument.

You're right, I did. I can't believe I even have to explain this, but here goes...
In what way is Kinect an advantage? What, you can use your voice and/or hand motions to move menus along and select/do things on Xbox One? That's really the only advantage Kinect has. Other than that, it's just an un-needed peripheral that not many people care for. They would much rather just use a controller and not have this peripheral of which they have no use for attached to their Xbox. Many consumers don't like the idea of having to pay an extra $100 just because the system comes with Kinect. Many would rather buy the system without Kinect bundled. How is spending money on a console you want to play with a peripheral you have no use for an advantage? Many people don't like Kinect games, they don't care to use the voice commands on the Xbox One, they would much rather play games that allow the use of Kinect with a controller. Do you think there were many people playing Mass Effect 3 with Kinect? Hell no.

Uh... no I didn't. You are just making assumptions, generalizing and using hyperboles or trying to frame this as a false dichotomy of positions. Nothing in there says anything about ONLY PS4 fanboys.

Alright, buddy... here we go... =/
Seems PS4 fanboys are going crazy trying to bash the Xbox One. But most of their attacks seem completely irrelevant.

Then we have silly talks about advertisements. This is nothing but a distraction Sony fanboys are putting up due to a poor launch lineup. They only have Killzone as a major PS4 title so they say because MS has advertising, they aren't "focused" on games.

The other hilarious thing about Kinect is that Ponies try to list it as a negative.

... Did everyone think that losing $6 billion dollars over 10 years was going to remain the norm? Sony Ponies go around shouting about how MS is so greedy yet they are the ones losing money in this so far on the Xbox.

...This is the reason why Ponies are spamming this board with misdirection and claiming that NO ONE can like the Kinect. The trolling here is more desperate than anything I've seen and I've been on the Wii boards in its hey days.

Yeah... only Sony Ponies and PS4 fanboys say these things and think that everything you mentioned is a negative...

7)You make a hilarious statement saying I need to prove I bashed the XB1. Actually its quite clear I bashed the XB1 to anyone on the PC boards.

You... dude, you just... ugh...
Okay... Dude, this doesn't work. If you bash it there and defend it here, that doesn't say anything. That pretty much implies that you are attempting to be a stealthy Xbot.
---
2 years ago#330
Con't Final Part...

I was also completely bashing XB1 based on FACTS.

And yet you leave out other FACTS/Advantages of the PS4 and your entire first post is in absolute defense of Microsoft. You say over and over that Sony is desperate. How are they desperate? What do they have to be desperate about? Is that also a FACT? No. The majority of the gaming world has their eyes affixed on the PS4 and wallets ready. Meanwhile, the Xbox One is trying to play catch up and get their fans back. THAT is a fact. You can see it everywhere. Polls, forums, preorder numbers, Microsoft's 180s and their livestream where you can ask anything about the Xbox One... the signs are there.

Because when I bashed them, it was when they were employing those silly DRM policies.

So to be clear... you bashed them as the DRM policies were still in place? Congratulations. You joined like 95% of Planet Earth's gaming community in the fight against Microsoft's stupidity. It's good to know you aren't okay with MS's commie policies, but that also doesn't say much. You bashed them in a time when almost everyone was bashing them. What happened after that? Well, now you are just defending them.

You half assed this one.

No... No I didn't... =/
---
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why are PS4 fanboys so obsessed with the Xbox One? It has barely any advantages

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived