Why are PS4 fanboys so obsessed with the Xbox One? It has barely any advantages

#331straymatterPosted 9/18/2013 11:09:07 PM
The way it is going is that the playstation is overall slowly diminishing and it is losing its ingenuity
#332OandA_PestPosted 9/18/2013 11:12:35 PM
straymatter posted...
The way it is going is that the playstation is overall slowly diminishing and it is losing its ingenuity

How so?
---
Proud Pest. O and A Party Rock!
Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite
#333LordElohimPosted 9/19/2013 2:43:30 AM(edited)
So, I get dismissed completely out of hand by TC because I make valid points and use facts and statistics to back them up? Yay, the internet. I think it is more likely he ignored me because he couldn't rebut anything I said.
---
GamerTag: Lord Elohim PS3 - LordElohim
3DS Friend Code - 0645-5840-7528 Name: Elohim @ Hades
#334DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 6:44:57 AM(edited)
@Oanda

It doesn't matter if they are relevant to performance or not. They are still legitimate negatives of the Xbox One. If you want to talk about performance, the PS4's performance is vastly superior to the Xbox One. So there's another negative for the Xbox One and a positive about the PS4 you failed to mention when it came to comparing advantages of the two systems. Have you seen the specs?

Ok, if you want to be taken seriously here, you need to learn to read... Its quite clearly listed as an advantage of the PS4....... This is the second time you've made an argument based on misinformation.

First party titles on PS3 had dedicated servers and first party titles on PS4 will run the same. Sure, don't mention that for PS4, but mention it for Xbox One. Lol.

Why would I mention this? The dedicated server advantage is pointing to XB1 subsidizing dedicated servers to third party games. Dedicated server support will not be equal. If I listed it for both, it would be an advantage for neither but we know that MS is providing dedicated servers for a low cost or potentially free to some devs.

Then you say Sony didn't improve for the sake of MONEY but for the sake of GAMERS. I really thought you wanted to have a discussion. But I can see now you are just a blind fanboy. Sony does not care about gamers... they care about MONEY.

PS3 was just as bad as anything MS has done. It made gamers and developers pay up the ass for a format that was worse for games at the time. The only regret they had was its poor reception and allowing MS and Nintendo to catch up and pass them.

You are a pretty blind fanboy and this isn't really worth responding to. You can respond with anything made up in your head about how Sony is full of good intentions while MS is full of bad ones...

lol @ Lordelo still trying to play up his own points...
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#33582xenoPosted 9/19/2013 6:46:33 AM
LordElohim posted...
So, I get dismissed completely out of hand by TC because I make valid points and use facts and statistics to back them up? Yay, the internet. I think it is more likely he ignored me because he couldn't rebut anything I said.

Most likely.
---
Shwing
#336Big_IsaacPosted 9/19/2013 6:58:39 AM
fact is, the price is already argument enough.
that 100 buck difference vs the PS4 and 200 buck difference vs the WiiU already puts the Xbone at a gigantic disadvantage

you can spout your little PR crap about "value" all day, but that doesn't change the fact that 100 bucks is a huge difference in the minds of consumers.
for WiiU vs PS4, the price difference is justified for the obviously superior hardware, but PS4 vs Xbone? you get a worse hardware and an add-on almost noone gives a toss about.
those who specifically prefer the few Xbone exclusives over the PS4 exclusives may be able to justify the purchase for themselves, but the general public isn't going to do this. they are going to see 2 identical consoles and go with the cheaper one
---
Waiting for golden Sun 3DS
2 things are infinite: The Universe and human stupidity. I'm not sure about the Universe, though -Albert Einstein
#337DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 7:07:00 AM(edited)
His argument boils down to a really long way of saying "I have no idea how to critically think about statistics so I am going to post random numbers thinking they make sense".

He says out of 78 million Xbox, there is only 24 million with Kinect. Taking into account that their is at least some amount of failures, thats 1/3rd the user base with Kinect. He says that this is apparent "proof" that the majority don't want Kinect 2.0.

1)This does not say this at all since Kinect 2.0 is much stronger and integrated since day 1
2)The Kinect on Xbox 360 was only released in 2011, which was TWO YEARS ago or year 6 in the consoles life. But apparently this isn't a factor at all in terms of integration, support, or quality of product.

He also says there will be no use for Kinects multiplayer feature and its not practical to assume so because it doesn't launch with a multiplayer Kinect game even though Sports Rivals is just months away with multiplayer that Kinect will be able to at least provide for up to 4 player play without buying another controller.

Overall, its just more silly half thought out non-sense.

Big_Isaac posted...
fact is, the price is already argument enough.
that 100 buck difference vs the PS4 and 200 buck difference vs the WiiU already puts the Xbone at a gigantic disadvantage

you can spout your little PR crap about "value" all day, but that doesn't change the fact that 100 bucks is a huge difference in the minds of consumers.

I never once said I thought XB1 would sell more... I think PS4 will sell more. This is only important to fanboys. I'm just talking about system advantages. I am not a general consumer that just buys the cheapest product.

Looks like you are projecting. I think you are seriously brain damaged coming in here talking about something that has nothing to do with the topic and get so rowdy about it.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#3382nd_strikerPosted 9/19/2013 8:27:39 AM
i own sony consoles and am not impressed by the way they constantly lie
---
"SS7 is still putting 40+ goals in per season even if he does pretend that a tap in was a bicycle kick every now and then"
#339MrZonePosted 9/19/2013 8:32:09 AM
until MS can get the XB1 to do the remote play thing, PS4 will have that advantage.
#340OandA_PestPosted 9/19/2013 9:06:55 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...

Ok, if you want to be taken seriously here, you need to learn to read... Its quite clearly listed as an advantage of the PS4....... This is the second time you've made an argument based on misinformation.

Oh? Where? You mean when you list "Better graphics" as an advantage for the PS4? Because that's all you even said about PS4 hardware advantages. I read your terrible stealth-Xbot topic. You didn't say anything about the PS4's great hardware until someone called you out on implying anyone who said negative things about the Xbox One is a Sony Fanboy. You post a sneaky Microsoft Defense topic, and then backpedal to avoid being called an Xbot. It is horrendously obvious to anyone with half a brain.

Why would I mention this? The dedicated server advantage is pointing to XB1 subsidizing dedicated servers to third party games. Dedicated server support will not be equal. If I listed it for both, it would be an advantage for neither but we know that MS is providing dedicated servers for a low cost or potentially free to some devs.

Why would you NOT mention this? Even Microsoft first party titles didn't have dedicated servers, but they're adding them now. Sony has always had them for PS3 first party titles. Do we even know what other third party titles are going to have dedicated servers other than Call of Duty? Battlefield 4 is a given, but what else? Has it even been confirmed that Sony will not be using dedicated servers for 3rd party titles? As far as I know, this is still up in the air.

Then you say Sony didn't improve for the sake of MONEY but for the sake of GAMERS. I really thought you wanted to have a discussion. But I can see now you are just a blind fanboy. Sony does not care about gamers... they care about MONEY.

No, you are here to defend Microsoft against anyone who speaks negatively about the Xbox One and label them "Sony fanboys." This is a stealth-Xbot topic, like I said. Stop trying to deny it. At least Metroid came out and admitted he was a PC mastar raec kinda fella. You are still trying to pass off this silly facade that you are a Sony fan and you always bash the Xbox One. It's not working, pal.

How does saying this make me a blind fanboy? There you go again. Do you even know anything? I didn't get a PS3 until 2012 when The Last Of Us was announced. I went through 4 360's since launch. inb4ULIEOMGURALIAR
---
Proud Pest. O and A Party Rock!
Currently playing: Bioshock Infinite